Starpery.com

Advice needed on a breast repair

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
clocks

Advice needed on a breast repair

Post by clocks »

I just received a Nicole torso from 1st-PC, and there's a problem with one of the breasts. I noticed a slight indentation in it, and after a closer inspection found a cut or tear in the skin underneath. I'm not sure if there was leakage because it's not leaking now, but I'm concerned that this may develop into a major problem unless I fix it.

Sent an email to RJ, but he doesn't always keep up with his email, so I'm throwing this out to those of you who are familiar with these things. I'm going to order some silicone gel to deal with the inevitable sagging in the breasts and butt; should I order the silicone skin also, or is this kind of thing fixable with a little bit of GE Silicone from the local Home Depot?

Here's a photo of the damaged area:

The breast indentation is at the top, probably exaggerated a bit by the pressure from my thumb, but very noticeable in real life...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OldEngineer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by OldEngineer »

clocks,

I've had reasonably good success with GE Silicone II for small repairs. Judging from your pic, it looks like that tear is an OK candidate for GE S II. Just be warned, GE S II is clear, and the texture after curing is harder than the doll's skin, so she would have a small "knot" where her boo-boo was.

THe elegant solution would be one of RJ's Skin Kits, since the color is pre-mixed, and the silicone is the same hardness as her original "skin". The GE S II would be a "field-expedient", or "duct-tape" type repair.

Yew pays yer money, n' yew takes yer choice.

Regards,
OldEngineer and Abigail

Britti_Lover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Britti_Lover »

:wink:
Typical small repair fixed with GE 2 clear glue.

See Achillies below for tear fixing.

You'll be OK - just use a small amount of glue.

A little face powder mixed in the glue would blend it perfectly.

You may as well get good at fixing little tears now - you'll be a pro soon at it.

8)

clocks

Post by clocks »

Thanks guys - I guess I'll go the GE2 route. It's not in a visible area and small enough at this point so it won't be noticeable. I looked at the instructions for usin the Silicone Skin, and it seems like it would be a waste to spend that much for a small repair. I'll have to live with that "knot" Ole mentioned.

I know maintenance and repair come with the territory, but I didn't expect to have to repair her out of the box.

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

Hey gang, I've used the powder silicone tints from fxsupply.com.

You can get an individual color (like flesh-medium) for I think 7$ or get a complete set for 25 (they have two different ones, a flesh set and an primary color set).

I have used this with RTV silicone adhesive for both my Real Doll and AI and with patience you can mix a complete match.

You can try them out with the GE adhesive, paint some samples on sandwich bags made out of polypropylene and when it dries you can see how well it did (it is also a great way to test the color, when dry you can peel off and put on the skin to check).

BTW, because it doesn't adhere, you can 'smooth over' an area that is covered by polypropylene and when it dries just peel it off. It is good for fill-in of scar areas.

You can thin the adhesive with Naptha, if you do this, you'll get less of a bump. It takes awhile to mix but it does work.

You will never run out of this tint, you need to use only a little bit to get color.

lordslag
Ex-Member

Post by lordslag »

For a tear that small the 2 part premixed stuff from RJ works well. I'm about to need some more from him as a matter of fact.

clocks

Post by clocks »

Hey gang, I've used the powder silicone tints from fxsupply.com.

You can get an individual color (like flesh-medium) for I think 7$ or get a complete set for 25 (they have two different ones, a flesh set and an primary color set).
Thanks for this link - the individual tints are $6, or a set of 5 for $25. I'm thinking you can also use these tints to give your doll tan lines or freckles or whatever...
You can thin the adhesive with Naptha, if you do this, you'll get less of a bump. It takes awhile to mix but it does work.
Hadn't thought of doing that, but it sounds like it will soften the "knot" that Ole was talking about. I guess I have a project for this weekend - good thing my weekend is free since my Jets aren't playing until Monday night.... :D

INFORMATIONS