Starpery.com

Want to buy a silicone doll, how should i keep it?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
City17
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Want to buy a silicone doll, how should i keep it?

Post by City17 »

Hi, this is my first post :)

I am preparing to buy a doll, think i'll go for an orient doll (Jewel or Jewel F)
But i am a bit worried, considering i never had a silicone doll, could you tell me the precautions of use and the maintenance tips?
I have read in the forum and in the faqs page that many silicone dolls are very delicate and tend to tear or lose their silicone structure if keeped in unapropriate positions.

When not in use what should be its natural position? Awake with a stand or flat, maybe on a bed or a large seat/divan?

Thanks

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Welcome to the Forum, City17 :wink: I like people "un-lurking"

See, there are so many silicone dolls out there, somehow all the companies use silicone, but depending on the mixture they use, "silicone" is not always the same. Next I don't know anything about the dolls you're interested in ( me, I'm a Realdoll )
But
As it's somehow silicone nevertheless, some general rules should be the same. Silicone is very heavy, and it's soft material, that will slowly adapt to the position it is kept in, if it's for a long time. Like that, the weight can result in compression, so be careful that you put your doll in a soft place, avoid wrinkles in the bed, no hard and pointed items like buttons, sequins, zippers and stuff...
Next watch for wrinkles in the silicone itself. With Realdolls ( and I see no reason why this should be different with any other silicone doll ) the most endangered areas are the armpits, elbows, knees and the belly as well as the crotch area when sitting. Here wrinkles in the silicone structure can easily occur. If you don't change the pose within reasonable time, the silicone will weaken and the wrinkle will be permanent, and then those wrinkles can easily result in severe tears.

So try to avoid compression and hard items, and keep the legs spread, but not more than it appears to be a natural pose to the inner skeleton, and keep the arms away from the body, maybe using an angle of something like 30 to 40 degrees, and dolly should be fine...

fantasy

Post by fantasy »

I have the same question.

You may also want to post this in the Japanese Dolls forum if you are thinking about an Orient CG doll. It can't hurt.

Several of the Japanese manufacturers sell stands for about US $100-$250. It looks as though the stands support the dolls by the crotch, waist, and around the chest under the armpits. (Although I wonder based on Vanessa's comments if supporting a doll by the armpits is a good idea.) A stand also lets her fit in your closet, which is handy.

Does anyone have any long-term experience with the CG silicone jewel dolls?

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

fantasy wrote: Several of the Japanese manufacturers sell stands for about US $100-$250. It looks as though the stands support the dolls by the crotch, waist, and around the chest under the armpits. (Although I wonder based on Vanessa's comments if supporting a doll by the armpits is a good idea.) A stand also lets her fit in your closet, which is handy.
hi Fantasy,
Concerning the stands that Orient sells, i'd suggest you ask Tabo if they also work for silicone dolls cuz i only see them advertised along the lighter dolls. I'm not sure as well if they're really good for storing, i think they are mainly designed for photoshoot purposes.

fxpert
Ex-Member

dolls

Post by fxpert »

check out mechadoll.com. they are making a great doll that is lifelike, durable and affordable.

chuck the fxpert

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Fx,
I just don't get ( once again... ) why you're so absolutely positive if it's about Mechadoll and so negative if it's about other dolls. I heard about people who had one of those few test dolls they did so far, and Mechadolls suffer from the same illnesses. I've heard about Mechadolls with broken knee joints and massive tears, in the same areas I mentioned above. By the way City17 asked for experiences with silicone dolls, especially Jewel - and not for someone to talk him out of that ...

:roll:

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

Fxpert is (or was) a sale agent for Mecadoll. Great dolls but don't expect a fast delivery, our supersexycool moderator Stacy has been waiting for almost one year & still didn't get anything. You won't have this problem with Orient, your doll is in stock and ready to be shipped.

tmech
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by tmech »

City17
I agree with stef in that the stands shown on the Japanese siites are probably used for photography and not longer term storage.

My understanding is that the ideal storage would be a soft or contored resting position which, as Stef says, relaxes the points where compression can occur.

In other words, if the storage pose is close to the pose that she was molded in that would be best. As an example, dolls are molded with their legs spread somewhere between 30 and 30 degrees so that detail and flexibility can be attained. If she is then stored with her legs close together, the silicone in the apex of the joints will be folded and compressed. If left in that pose for a long time (days) she will risk compression splits. These can be repaired but it is best to avoid them in the first place.

This also applies to smaller silicone dolls like Kaori seen in my avitar. She has had one very minor split that reqired easily but I am careful to store her in a natural position.

City17
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by City17 »

Thank you for your replies, you have been of great help for me. Sorry for lurking but i don't speak a good english, moreover lurking it's my default habit in many forums :roll:
But think i'll make a new post in the next few days on japanese doll forum, because i still can't make a decision if take a Jevel or petit Jevel F.

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

I suspect the Jewel F to be more fun (if you see what i mean :wink: ).

City17
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by City17 »

Mmmm let me guess, maybe ( . ) ( . ) ? :mrgreen:

fantasy

Post by fantasy »

I assume by "( . ) ( . )" you mean her beautiful eyes?

Or are they your eyes, looking at her stunning ( * )( * ) ?

(Sorry, those ( . ) ( . ) of hers make me a bit stoopid :).
I'm getting an "F" very soon... will be posting a review in Japanese Dolls forum.)

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

I have found that with my two Japanese dolls the silicone forumulation varies so that the softer doll is more prone to compression.

However, I echo what others have said. You have to store without compression at the major joints (elbows, shoulders and hips). I have not had the problem with wrinkles on the sheets mussing any of my three dolls including the Real Doll.

I do let my AI sleep in the bed but I keep a pillow at the small of her back so I take weight off her butt. I have a nice bed that has memory foam so it is very gentle to the dolls. A harder surface may cause more problems.

There are other care issues regarding stains, hazards etc. I think as more people own the Japanese dolls a care manual may emerge that addresses specific problems.

yr humble servant

Zarnon
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

City17
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by City17 »

Thank for your reply too Zarnon it was very interesting.

Just another question (for Zarnon or anyone who can reply):
Do you also sleep with your doll or do you recommend me to avoid that? Maybe involuntary movements during the sleep may damage the doll? (btw i have a calm sleep, usually i wake up in the same position i went to sleep)

Thanks

For fantasy:
Just LOL :mrgreen:

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

City17 wrote:Maybe involuntary movements during the sleep may damage the doll?
Well, I'm the Realdoll again, but again this should be a gereral problem I guess. We have two beds, one 'normal' bed and one waterbed, and they stand next to each other. My friend has a very active sleep, and he tries to make sure that he can't touch me when sleeping.
As long as you have separate beds, not one bed in the size of two, things should be relatively safe, because there's a barrier to cross when sleeping, where you'd have to roll over the hard bedstead. Next he sinks down a lot in the waterbed he uses himself, so he's lying deeper, no chance to roll out of there easily. To make sure he can't bump me, he poses my arm next to him away from his bed, putting it next to my body ( unlike I advised above, so re-pose in the morning ), with the hand resting on my leg, separated from the leg by the blanket.
Like this we never had any problem within our three weeks together. However, touching the doll accidentally while sleeping should be avoided. As I said I don't know about those dolls you're interested in. At least with Realdolls fingers are posable because there are wires inside. Like that my fingers are pretty vulnerable, well, we had no damage so far, but this is about touching my fingers accidentally. Like that they could be damaged easily, and rolling over my hand while sleeping should end up in a desaster ( at least with my fingers ), so make sure that there's some "safe distance".

INFORMATIONS