Starpery.com

Pube Tool

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
yestoo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Pube Tool

Post by yestoo »

What is the needle-like tool to use to add pubic hair, and where might I get one?

Thanks! [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

GordonGriggs

Pube Tool

Post by GordonGriggs »

HI, You can make one yourself. Get a sewing needle. Grind the part of the eye so that it looks like a U instead of an O. I tried this and it worked well. The only problem is once the hair is implanted it comes out very easy.

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Pube Tool

Post by Corben_99 »

Yeah you might want to stab the end of the needle point, into a pencil eraser. Get a number 2 Trusty pencil, and stick the needle into the end. And carefully with a pair of wire cutters snip off the tip of the needle eye. Where it looks like a fork. I use this technique to root doll heads. Mo hair, and synthetic hair work fine. Heck if you want to get a little creepy and creative shave off some of your own pubes. And use them in place of synthetics, or Goat Hair. I guarantee you won't be allergic to that material. And you and your doll will be sharing the same DNA strand and structure. hahahahahahaha!!! [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

quasilife
Active Poster
Active Poster

Pube Tool

Post by quasilife »

I could have sworn I saw a picture about hair implanting into silicone using an 18ga needle (like you get shots with)..
2 or 3 hairs were run done the tube of the needle, then the needle was pushed into the silicone.. hold the hairs are pull out the needle and the hairs are left in the silicone..
Don't know how they would last...

MarkY

Pube Tool

Post by MarkY »

If you use real human hair, the end of the hair has a small bulb (root) at the end. Put the root in the silicone and it stays in reasonably well. A real effort to collect this though, have to fish it out of the tub or shower one by one. Cut hair does not have the root so it pulls out almost immediately.

mac36
Active Poster
Active Poster

Pube Tool

Post by mac36 »

Would dipping the needle and hair in a tiny bit of silicone caulk, for each individual hair, help it stay embedded?

Ikyoto

Pube Tool

Post by Ikyoto »

I got really curious about how the better prosthetic manufacturers do the hairs on artificial arms and legs. The process is remarkable.

The skin is actually three layers like real skin. We needn't go into that, but it's really amazing.

The hairs are embedded in the top layer, but go through to the third layer. These are done with a thin needle through which the hair is threaded from the tip! Labour intensive doesn't describe this. They have a bow of needles in that dispeses one pre-threaded needle at a time. They didn't say if some poor slob has to sit there all day and prepair these for the people who put the hairs in...

The hairs do have a small bluge in the end and are artificial. If you knot one end of the hair and can thread the other end through the needle and THEN embed it in the silicone it will hold well enough. the trick is using a thick enough knot to hold in the skin but not so thick that you can put it in with the size needle you have.

Alternativly they use a dip and stick method for areas that need a lot of hair. the hair is threaded half way through the needle so some of it is in the skin and only one full strand extends out. This is dipped in a glue (we would use silicone of some type)and the bend and glue form a knot under the skin.

I have yet to test these methods as Matt says my RD is still about a week to finish then it ships. I will be testing both methods on an secondary piece - one of the "ultra realistic asses". Once I get my RD the Julie Ashton piece gets turned into a pillow.. i found that it makes a GREAT head rest! [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ClosetMonster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: The back of your closet, past the old band uniform, and behind that tattered stack of comics.

Pube Tool

Post by ClosetMonster »

Yeah, the Julie Ashton piece does make a great pillow! [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] A little bit of tack to it though. Just put something thin over it.

Here's a thought toward the hair plugging.
Lots of FX artists will poke in a longer hair at the middle. Then you end up with 2 hairs coming out of the "pore." This way you get two hairs to a poke, half the time.

What if you tie a knot or double knot in the middle of the hair first. Then you've got a "bulb" that will help root the hair. Use the home-made needle tool described earlier at the knot, and stick it in. Seems simple, and worth trying.

Ikyoto

Pube Tool

Post by Ikyoto »

I've got several different gauge hollow needles around. I'll try them out on "Lil Julie". And I have an old pillow case she's wrapped in. My kids don't even notice it anymore... other than the youngest who likes to jump on it cause it's so bouncy.

Note to self - a good lock on the closet door... Now... Home Depot is still open...

kelenen

Pube Tool

Post by kelenen »

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] You are on the right track with "planting" pubic hair. Go to a larger type store like Sallys and see if they have hair add-ons or raw stock hair pieces. I buy hair to make movie props etc with. There is synthetic and real human hair. The prices range from a couple of dollars on sale up to $20 or more, enough for a pubic area. Try to find the course type hair. You can friz up the hair and make it look like curly pub hair and then plant it with the tools mentioned by some of you. To make it more permanent you need to add a little silicon to the end when planting it. You could do the same with the head hair also but it takes a lot of time and you have to cut and style the hair, lots of work! At least with the pubic hair you can trim it easier. If you want to really have a challenging project you could add fine hairs to the arms, etc. Experiment with the pubic area first, it should be the easiest to work with. If any of you try this please post pictures! I would love to see your work....

kelenen

Pube Tool

Post by kelenen »

I forgot to mention, you need to start around the vaginal area and work out. That will make it look more real and easier to work with. Also you can judge where to stop and how thick you want it. Lots of luck!!!

LabRat

Pube Tool

Post by LabRat »

That syringe like needle can be seen on the rareborg site. Better viewed with Internet Explorer :P as some of the buttons and links don't work when using netscape. I prefer Netscape but what can you do?? [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img]

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
www.rare-borg.com

INFORMATIONS