Starpery.com

realdoll repair help

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
squadleader

realdoll repair help

Post by squadleader »

i am looking for as much info on realdoll skin reapirs as possiable. what is the best substance to use and what do you use to mix for a good skin color match. i am also looking for info on how to do repairs so you dont notice them? i recently recieved a realdoll that wasnt kept in the best condition and i am trying to repair rips in the mouth edge, vagina, anus, breast, armpits, back of knees and the feet and i want them to look as good as the repairs on slades world. also a few repairs were done by the previous owner and now look like "scars" should i cut thoes open and fix them again? i really want to make this doll as good as new and need some help, thanks

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

realdoll repair help

Post by Jerry »

Take a look at this section of my web page: http://victorias-closet.com/repair/

It should get you started. For small tears and nicks you can use windshield adheseive which is actually a thin RTV silicone. For larger repairs you can use Cine-Skin but will have to pigment it yourself. The other option is to purchase a repair kit from Matt at Realdoll for $50. This is a bit steep... but the color should already be mixed to match perfectly.

Cine-Skin - $40 per Quart.
Flesh Pigment $20 per jar. (Enough for 25 gallons)
Matt's Silicone - $50 per 4 oz.

You have to decide which is best for your aplication.

The other repairs were probably done with a caulking gun. This type of silicone is about 4 times as hard as what the dolls are made from. It can be trimmed out, and new silicone installed. Go slow, make small repairs, and touch up. Don't try to mix up 2-3 oz of silicone the first go and "get lucky" won't happen. Experiment... test, and try again.

Jerry [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Nada

realdoll repair help

Post by Nada »

... Jerry gave you some great advice, above...

BUT,,, with that RTV silicone, BE CAREFUL...

The last time I checked-out any of these "Auto Glass" repair glues,,, I have found that they will do a great job, BUT they can leave a "rock solid" fix with, perhaps, a fairly sharp EDGE, like a butter-knife or WORSE..

SO, repairs that you will feel or perhaps, have "sexual knowledge" of, MIGHT just BITE you, later [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img]

... Nada...
("Details... Details everywhere... And some are NOT VERY "forgiving", in the least bit or their "BITE",,, in this case.") [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

realdoll repair help

Post by Mike Johnson »

Jerry is an expert in this area.

If you don't want a scar to appear at all, see the complex step by step repairs done by Jerry pouring silicone at "Victoria's Closet".

Also, the old dolls tear when used for sex, period. That's why many owners of old dolls do not have sex with them, for fear they will tear on them. I can understand this greatly. However, after you have reinforced the high-tear areas they tend to tear much less. Many people choose to sacriface some looks for increased resistance to tearing.

Mysti is an old doll and I've done her repairs with both durability and looks in mind. Generally, unless the silicone is poured, the repair will always show somewhat. The best example of this is the wrist and ankle scars on all dolls except the new body sixes and sevens.

I highly recommend you buy your silicone materials from Matt. You will get the best repair possible if you start with quality materials.

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_tongue.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_tongue.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_tongue.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_tongue.gif[/img]

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_tongue.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_tongue.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_tongue.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_tongue.gif[/img]

angel

realdoll repair help

Post by angel »

Jerry is a great resource in this matter. There are two other folks that come to mind immediately that also have superior skills in doll repair and maintenance: MarkY and Slademan.

There's a plethora (I love that word) of techniques and materials to do the job. All these folks collectively can be a very valuable resource.

angel (CJ and Taffy's guy)

INFORMATIONS