Starpery.com

Finger wires

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Wildstar87
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finger wires

Post by Wildstar87 »

I pulled these out a while ago, since I made a big mistake when I first got my doll almost 2 years ago. When I first got her, I tried to pull her upper body up off the floor by her hands, not realizing that they were just wires.

I have been thinking about putting them back in, but I also want to put different nails on, and make sure that they are re-inserted back into the wrist block. I will have to open up her wrist to do this, but I figure it would be worth it.

What kind of wire is used for the fingers, and is it easily found? I would use the existing ones, but after I cut the old nails off, I am afraid they will be too short to fit back into the wrist block.

Thanks for any info.

Prof_Sakai
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Finger wires

Post by Prof_Sakai »

They are made of aluminium. If it was difficult to find them at a hardware shop, go to a gardening shop.

MarkY

Finger wires

Post by MarkY »

Any aluminum wire will do, just take a sample to whatever store to match the diameter or you can order from Burman industries Have a look at my nail repair page here I actually did not re-cement the wires into the wrist block. I cut the original finger wire shorter and rebent it. Anjie's finger wires are only held in place by silicone adhesive at the fingertips. I felt this would make for easier maintenance 2-3 years from now and prevent scars on the hands.

guy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Finger wires

Post by guy »

Hi everyone,
another place for armature wire is at an art store like Loomis and Tole or other places that sell sculpting materials....
Guy

Wildstar87
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finger wires

Post by Wildstar87 »

Thanks everyone, I will check these out. I wanted to put the wires back in the wrist block, since I think they will give that area a little more support structure, without them, the hands sag in some positions, and the wrist block is quite evident.

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Finger wires

Post by Corben_99 »

Hey man,
If you are going to cut her at the wrists to take off her hands. Why not try making a metal armature?

You could make one from Stainless Steel welding rods. You can cut them with wire cutters, or a medium sized bolt cutter. And heat the ends with a propane torch, to form a joint loop. And you can join them using some small screws, and and flat washers. And weld the nuts to the little screws so they don't come off. All you need for each finger is 2 joints. One joint at the bottom where the knuckles are, and one at mid finger.

You can use Plasti-Dip to coat the tips. So they don't cut the silicone skin. You can find Plasti-Dip at Home Depot, and sometimes Wal-Mart. It's for coating tool handles.

The wrist block can be replaced by chopping off to rectangle pieces of white plastic cutting board. So you can experiment on where to place and embed the wires. At the main anchor point, at the ends of the wires, where they are going into the new wrist block, heat up the stainless steel welding rod, and flatten it on a small anvil. To form some teeth on the sides. So once you embed them in the new wrist block, they will anchor in place. You will have to use a good bench vise, to drill the hole for the wrist bolt in the new wrist block.

Make sure you coat the anchor ends with epoxy resin. You can buy some that comes in a syringe that's 2 parts. Check Wal-Marts hardware department for this.

As far as the new plastic nails. Just glue them down to the silicone ones molded on the dolls hands. You can fill the finger tips points with colored silicone. You really don't want the wires poking out of the skin. So it will make the hands water proof in a ways. Your doll then should have some pretty poseable fingers. But they won't hold shape. Unless you tighten up the screws really snug at the joints.

When you place the new armature in your dolls hand. Lube it up with silicone oil for easier dressing. Kinda like putting on a rubber glove. Also when you make the bends on the welding rod pieces make sure you spot weld them. So they don't open up.

So weld the nuts on the screws ends. And weld the joint bends. All this shouldn't cost you more than $50.oo bucks at the most. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

*** Oh yeah almost forgot. You can use regular silicone 1 window, and door cualking to reglue the hand skin, to the wrist skin. Make sure you use staples like the ones Slade uses on his website to help hold the hand in position while the new seal cures.

I used the packing staples from my old Adventure Team G.I. Joe Mobile Support Vehicle box. I just bent the staples teeth straight out and down, instead of curved. Once the glued joint cures. Use a repair kit, to cover up the scar with tinted silicone. Unless you want to make your own colored silicone.

If you do, use Naptha, Colored Pencils, or cheap bottles of the makeup color you like, and clear silicone caulking. Mix well and experiment. For the colored pencils just rub them on some sand paper to collect the colored shavings.

The Naptha, or you can use Lighter Fluid is only to thin it down. Add or Subtract to desired consistency. And don't smoke! Put that joint out, when working with Napalm. hahahahaha!!! [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wildstar87
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finger wires

Post by Wildstar87 »

Corben_99,

Well, I wasn't going to cut her hands off, just cut a slit in the side of the wrist, so I could manuever the wires back into the block.

I am pretty handy with a lot of stuff, but welding isn't something I have any equipment for, and this would probably be a bit to intense for my tastes. I have enough problems getting all the little rips fixed up.

One of these days I will get her all fixed up again, but it seems like once I get one thing fixed, another little rip happens somewhere else. Its kinda depressing.. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I was interested in those articulated joints that someone was going to make and sell a while back but haven't seen anything happen with that. I definitely can't afford the $3000 that it costs on a new doll, just for the articulated hands, and apparently according to the description, they are pretty fragile.

Anyway, if I get brave enough one of these days, or maybe you start selling kits.. (Hmm, there is an idea..) I will probably just stick with the wires. I have a feeling, when I can afford it, I will be selling Kira, and getting one of the newer dolls. Hopefully when they are Cherry 2000 "like".. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Brad'sWife

Finger wires

Post by Brad'sWife »

Ok here i am!
In case any of you havent seen my dilemma postings on the FOR SALE topic, My name is Dayna and I was the winner(if you can call me that [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] )of a 2001 Leah RD.
Well,she has a lot of damage and I am really wanting to repair her.

The main damage is to her vagina.
She had been totally abused and was ripped clear through the vagina (cant even see where the anal opening was) back to the top of her buttocks. Its one big gaping area.
There are other issues as well.
I have taken some pics of her today and will post them this evening

Any info would help.
I may be planning a trip to see Jerry( he has been so kind) with her as Slade doesnt want to touch her.(that was a huge dissapointment to me)

Thanks, Dayna

INFORMATIONS