Starpery.com

Realdoll Hands Without Wires?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Cyberdyne-inc

Post by Cyberdyne-inc »

I Have A Realdoll From 1998 Body 2 Head 4

She is Missing Her Inside Wires From Her Fingers,Hands? I Noticed That Dolls Produced By Matt From 1995-98 Are All Missing Hand Wires?

Are These Dolls More Difficult To Maintain Than Dolls That Have Wires Inside of them?

I Have Owned My Doll Since 1998 And I Haven't Had a Single Problem With Her

I Have Heard Of Cases Of Dolls That Do Have Wires Inside Of Them Tend To Slit Where The Wires Are At Overtime Because of the pressure of opening and closing of the hand?

And As For Dolls That Don't Have The Inside Wires Are Better Because This Problem Generally Doesn't Affect Them In Any Way? [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Davecat
iDollator
iDollator

Post by Davecat »

Wait a tic - you've had your Doll since '98, and you're just now asking about how to bathe her?? That doesn't scan properly.. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]
And I don't think Matt was making Dolls before 1998, for that matter.. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Davecat

Cyberdyne-inc

Post by Cyberdyne-inc »

Davecat!

Actually Yes I Have Had Her Since 1998 i have been a realdoll fan since matt made sculptures/models

I Haven't Really Taken Her Out Of Her Room That Much.

Bathing is a must i am somewhat of a clean freak and i haven't ever bathed her in 4 years....

i have just clean her internal areas and baby powder her down every couple of months... [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Corben_99 »

Sorry to chime in here guys,
But I think Matt's been making dolls since waaaay back in the early 90's. I know before silicone, he made them out of latex. And his site went live around 1996 or 1997 if I'm not mistaken. He was teamed up with Reactor I think.

I really wonder, who bought the latex dolls, and where are they now? Also what ever happened to the original Julie doll? Her pics posted on the old site really drove me to view it at least twice a week. She was one mans doll. But she was great.

That's probably going to be my next Realdoll combo order. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Cyberdyne-inc

Post by Cyberdyne-inc »

Corben Yes You Are Right......Matt Did in Fact Begin in The Early 90's i remember he made latec models that where 15 inches high in diameter.... and matt was a part of reactor. and he made the web-site replicants...i think? [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

Matt started selling Realdolls in 1996. The hands are much easier to maintain without wires and many people order the doll's that way.

The "Julie" combination is a nice one (head 3, body 2). Hmmmmm Mysti is that combination! The origonal Julie doll has been sold, the head three is on the "Stacy" model with a body one and the body two is on many models, including the popular "Leah" model.

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

INFORMATIONS