Starpery.com

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
buyer_to_be
Active Poster
Active Poster

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by buyer_to_be »

Hi All,
I am having problem with my doll. Her right arm seems to be broken. The arm force her hands to always in the "reach out", i.e. ready to hug. I cannot make her hands to stay flat on bed like what the other arm allow her to. I heard this creaking sound whenever I tried to make her right arms to be in the sleeping position, so I stop.

Help! SOS

Thanks

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by Jerry »

It is possible that the joint is rusting internally. If you were to get a thin injector or needle, then inject some oil into the joint, it may help.

Jerry

buyer_to_be
Active Poster
Active Poster

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by buyer_to_be »

Jerry,
Thanks for reply. My doll is just 2 days old, so I think we can safely cross rusting from out list of potential suspects. Plus, I only give her sponge bath, nothing like full blown shower.

Help..?

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by Jerry »

Wow... I suggest you contact Matt. The newer dolls are stiffer... but it seems a but much.

Our doll was quite stiff... but after flexing her arm a few times it loosened up. Did you try that?

Jerry

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by Mike Johnson »

The frame moves in a similar pattern to a human.

When movement is restricted, rotation of the limb may restore it to it's proper position.

Gently try rotating it around in a wide circle.

If the problem does not clear, call Matt.

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Boater
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by Boater »

Did I read correctly in another thread that the "Thomas Skeleton" is on its way and was to be the frame used in the B7's? Or should I specify that frame for my doll. I have 16-18 weeks to think about it but I wanted to ask. From what I read, the Thomas Skeleton is the best so far.
I know Matt will Help Buyeranyway he can. I have no worries there. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]
BOATER

Boater
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by Boater »

Should I specify the Thomas Skeleton just to be sure? Now that Leyna is listed in the "Dolls On Order" list and there is a row for "Thomas Skeleton", I'm wondering if I should? Am I anal retentive or what? [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BOATER

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by jackrabbit »

Perhaps Bill or someone who has ordered one can detail how it is better than the standard skeleton. Of course, you have to remember that the standard skeleton has been improved, with the locking joints and all.

I think it costs a grand extra, so you shouldn't ask for it unless you know exactly how it is better, and whether the enhancements are worth it.

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by Bill »

Boater,
I ordered the Thomas skeleton with the Thomas hands and the Thomas skull. The Thomas skeleton uses friction joints to hold position while Matt's does not hold position. The Thomas hands can hold objects better than wire fingers. The Thomas skull has a full set of teeth and a shorter neck attachment. I would call Matt before ordering any of Thomas's doll parts to be sure of function and availability.
It will be a first when I get mine.

Boater
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by Boater »

Thanks fellas! There is always something to think about I guess, and it always seems the more I think the more it might cost me. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Oh well!

BOATER

D.Olover
Active Poster
Active Poster

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by D.Olover »

I agree, the more I hear about the newer stuff (the Thomas skeleton, the new harder silicone, the softer silicone) the more confused I seem to get about what exactly to order. I doubt I'll spend an extra grand or so on the skeleton, but the various silicones to request has me stumped. I'm going to take a trip to Abyss and take the tour and order in person. I'll probably even drive 4 hours back to pick her up. I've read RD's hell with UPS and I don't want any part of it.

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by jackrabbit »

That was a used doll. The shipper Abyss uses, US Freightways, seems a lot more reliable. Certainly Darcy arrived with no problems, and I don't recall anyone else having issues with USF.

LewM

Doll Arms Problem (SOS)

Post by LewM »

That and the fact that UPS won't ship anything that big...they have dimension restrictions that can be found on their website.

INFORMATIONS