Starpery.com

Doll haircare

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
buyer_to_be
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by buyer_to_be »

A: Barbara: We were taught to use "Woolite" and a fabric softener to take care of our wigs, since they are synthetic and not human hair. Standard disclaimers apply. Test a small section or an old wig to see the results.

SYNTHETIC: Can be washed by swishing in a sink full of warm water with a capful of Wisk; rinse completely, then condition by swishing in a sink full of warm water and a cap full of Fleecy. Don't rinse, the Fleecy acts as a conditioner. Lay on a towel to dry.
Guys,
I was wondering if anyone tried what Barbara suggest here. If someone does please tell me what the brand of fabric softener you use. Also, can anybody tell me what is "Fleecy" and "Wisk"? I have been trying to find those terms in dictionary, but none makes sense. My doll's wig is all tangled and needs to be restored.

Help!

Thanks

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

Buyer to be ...

http://www.wisk.com/home.asp is a laundry detergent. I believe Fleecy is a fabric softener.

Downy would also work.

The thing to remember, is when you're trying to un-tangle hair, whether human or synthetic, is to start from the ENDS of the hair and work your way UP the strands to the scalp or base. Otherwise, you'll break and tear out lots of hair.

If you're not comfortable doing this, let me know, perhaps I can help you with it. I used to do hair. Or you might consider replacing the wig with something new, there are some nice looking, relatively inexpensive ones.

Good luck!
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

INFORMATIONS