Starpery.com

Searching for Pétra Sophie Or "Messing with Make Up to change look"

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Searching for Pétra Sophie Or "Messing with Make Up to change look"

Post by dxc »

Hello,

this is less than a tutorial but more like a journal of what I tried/am trying to get to get a beautiful doll head to "my beautiful dolls head" by giving it more character, depth, assymetry and "flaws".
Looking at how some of the members on the forum, who so easily create a completely unique doll by changing the makeup, inspired me to go further from the beautiful base the manufacturer already provides.

I had already given my XYdoll Misa head some "freckles" to enhance her beauty and changed the skin color of one of my dolls.
My first bigger try was the WM head #398. I followed Rock13 on his Hunter and Harper transformations with aw and was intrigued he wanted to get a new head, but... I just did not like the 398 from the promo photos, especially the nose bothered me. But he changed my perception and I got a 398 myself and look at it now.
IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg (971.02 KiB) Viewed 465 times
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 465 times
The main difference is the shape of the lips. The lower lip of the 398 is already very full and seeing it closeup the upper lip did bother me, that it is so slim in the side while the cupids bow being very full again. I colored the whole lower lip. Additionally I made the upper lip fuller with going over the lip on the sides to basically make the lips in total look way rounder than they are and it was enough to totally change my perception on the head. On the second photo, thanks to the lamp directly focusing on the mouth you can clearly see the part where I added lipstick above the lip very good. This way I made her up to have fuller lips and removed the "tilt" and this was all it needed for me to get the emphasize off the nose. Now I can only see a cute and adorable head that makes me want to give the doll a hug. But yeah, I too added MannequinFan EasyMoveEyes with to give her some bedazzling new eye color and she is now wearing TheDollLaboratory Teeth as well, which enabled me to adjust the depth of where the teeth sit and having them bright white all the time. Both are great products giving you additional tools to tinker with the look of your doll I can highly recommend.

And now we finally arrive at the actual topic. Changing the WM head 335. I think it is a very beautiful head with already some character, it is different than most heads with a rather thin nosebridge and what just fascinates me about the head, its strong cheekbones.

That is how she arrived.
IMG_20220604_172737_orig.jpg
IMG_20220604_172737_orig.jpg (281.22 KiB) Viewed 465 times
IMG_20220604_172816_orig.jpg
IMG_20220604_172816_orig.jpg (392.99 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Wondering if she will become Pétra Sophie and hoping that, if not, at least my journey might inspire others.

INFORMATIONS