Starpery.com

Superglue substitute

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
AIMD

Superglue substitute

Post by AIMD »

In case anyone is looking for a superglue substitute (if they don't know already) which is cheaper and lasts longer in the bottle fingernail glue from the dollar store can be used as both have the same main ingredient with the nail glue having an extra one. Superglue is Ethyl Cyanoacrylate whereas nail glue is Ethyl Cyanoacrylate and Polymethyl Methacrylate (what I bought does anyway). Works just as good.
Any ideas I may present, as long as they do not infringe on prior works, are open source and may not be encumbered/patented in any manner.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Superglue substitute

Post by seagull »

For reattaching fingernails?

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

seagull wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:57 am For reattaching fingernails?
Yes (just did that), but also for attaching eyelashes, eyebrows, and pubic hair. Anywhere superglue can be used the nail glue seems to work just as well.
Any ideas I may present, as long as they do not infringe on prior works, are open source and may not be encumbered/patented in any manner.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Not so catastrophic if you glue yourself :)

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

Tear in 7 month old Piper Doll
Tear in 7 month old Piper Doll
IMG_9463.jpeg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 101 times
Thank you for the advice! Would SuperGlue help me to close this tear in a Piper Doll?

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

HSP_960 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:47 pm IMG_9463.jpegThank you for the advice! Would SuperGlue help me to close this tear in a Piper Doll?
Ouch! Probably not. Is your doll TPE or Silicone? Each use different repair techniques which you'll have to search for here. Or post a question in the repair forum, but do a search first. Just search for TPE repair or silicone repair and lots will come up. If you really have make a temporary repair then I would suggest cleaning all surfaces with alcohol to remove the oils and slather fingernail glue on both sides, press together and pray. The nice thing about fingernail glue is you can slather without weakening the bond like with Superglue.

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

seagull wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:55 pm Not so catastrophic if you glue yourself :)
Unless you like to keep your fingers together until it dries... :whistle:

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

:haha4:

INFORMATIONS