Starpery.com

Right in to the DamageZone!! ... any advice, Goose?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
full-batman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by full-batman »

hEY, Mk! ... Now THAT'S a tear! ... youch!! 8O

I can see how that is a "glue" job.

I can see how Steve B's is a "glue" job.

And I understand how my problem can be a "glue" job, but can also be a "two part" job if I want to keep the present dimensions and reduce the risk of a possible re-tear subjecting the area to similar activity by only gluing.

I'm beginning to understand this stuff. Now let's see if I can do it. I'm still waiting on the Repair Kit.

Question:
Now that I am beginning to understand the repair choices and areas, I was wondering if the Glue can be used with the "two part" silicone"?

Is is possible to coat the edges of the tear with the glue, and then fill in the rest with the "two part"? I was thinking this would bond the "two part" to the glue, and then the "glue" (white tube stuff) would bond to the original silicon. Is this possible? Thanks.
Joey ... ever been in a Turkish prison?

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

A tough lession in doll repair:

It's an OR - not an AND.

The two part does not cover well - the color is VERY VERY thin.

For YOUR repair - I'd use only the two part.

The two part will adhere well AND provide you with a good repair.

Just clean the surfaces well before hand.

In the case above, I recommend the clear glue because it tints really easily with make-up.

So - when I hear the word TEAR - you now know what I'm seeing...

:)
Bedroom Eyes

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/Red-and-Blue/abw

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/album200/aaa

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

bump!

How did you guys get on with your repairs?

I am about to embark on some repairs myself, it would be good if you could describe which materials where used, glue or filler and how succesful they have been.

The tears on my doll are the same as full-batmans, but slightly larger[sorry, still no camera].

This seems to be a very common fault , all the dolls seem to tear here and we are only the tip of the iceberg on the doll forum as a lot of people
do not come here, I wonder how they get on. Must be a lot of dolls out there!

For a product that is so expensive it is an area which needs to be addressed by the manufacture, my tears happended after three months 8O. I know that Matt and Joey are concerned and very helpful but this does seem to be a problem in the manufacture dont you think?

Rentell :wink:

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

rentell wrote:This seems to be a very common fault , all the dolls seem to tear here and we are only the tip of the iceberg on the doll forum as a lot of people do not come here, I wonder how they get on. Must be a lot of dolls out there!

For a product that is so expensive it is an area which needs to be addressed by the manufacture, my tears happended after three months 8O. I know that Matt and Joey are concerned and very helpful but this does seem to be a problem in the manufacture dont you think? Rentell :wink:
When I spoke to Debra about your damage on Thursday, she said that they receive "very few" complaints, so do you think that damage is fair wear and tear, which keeping the doll suspended in use will prevent?

As a result of what I've read here I've become quite intrigued with the production process and have asked to see my skeleton before pouring as well as the doll after it.

I'm arriving at Abyss on the morning of Wed the 19th, and will be collecting Emma to take her away on Fri Dec 5th, so I'll be able to make all my production choices whilst I'm there.

dennis3761 wrote:BTW... my tube of RD adheasive is almost rock hard after only one use. I remember with E1 I had the same problem. And yes of corse I fastend the top securely on both tubes. If this stuff is so good and expensive there must be a better way to package it. Dennis
I notice that there is no washer inside the cap to make it airtight. Do you think it might keep better if the whole tube was kept immersed in a jar of water?

These glue products are a right pain. I find that all sorts of stuff goes off rapidly.
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

INFORMATIONS