Starpery.com

Right in to the DamageZone!! ... any advice, Goose?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
full-batman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Right in to the DamageZone!! ... any advice, Goose?

Post by full-batman »

Well, like any good critical thinker, you should always push the boundaries of what you know is true. If it flies in your face then you risk the wrath of the historian's pen. ... I have learned quickly that this attitude fails miserably when applied to a Readoll.

My doll's fingers are out (accident) and I have a small tear beginning from the anal cavity heading up towards the vaginal cavity. How long did it take me ... 1 week??!! :oops: :cry:
I am mostly concerned about the anal cavity tear right now.

I have been reading the Repair&Maintenance area for advice but it is difficult to know what brand of silicone or doll version should this information satisfy. Also, with the advent of the new Realdolls I was curious if people had any repair advice for small tears for a current, brand new doll?

What I have gleaned from the Repair&Maintenance area
  • Use Matt's adhesive that came with the Doll (it is the strongest/best)
    Clean area with Alcohol or acetone
    Do not spread area to join. Keep in relaxed state. Use pins to stabilize
    Allow 24 hours to dry, more for larger tears.
    Call Abyss
There was much more information. Some of it countered by others, some of it beyond my capabilities and experience. If the above list is true, than could I have some agreements for confidence before I begin the repair?

Thanks. ... Boy am I depressed, although resultantly understood with personal culpability. :cry: :cry: :cry: :x

I have been keeping a log for a future personal review of Dollpositions so people could possibly learn from my experience. I know EXACTLY what postion NOT to do now!!! :cry:
Joey ... ever been in a Turkish prison?

Raingirl
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Raingirl »

Ouch! Poor Brianna! I don't have any advice to offer, but I can offer my sympathy :( Too bad she's not like a realgirl, where if you cut her or bump her accidentally she can slap a bandaid over the owie. About how long is the anal tear? is it very deep? Did you bump her fingers on something?

Good luck with the repairs! Keep us posted!

Rainy

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Right in to the DamageZone!! ... any advice, Goose?

Post by George66 »

Hi Bat,
full-batman wrote:Boy am I depressed, although resultantly understood with personal culpability. :cry: :cry: :cry: :x
Condolences. You sure it was your fault?
I have been keeping a log for a future personal review of Dollpositions so people could possibly learn from my experience. I know EXACTLY what postion NOT to do now!!! :cry:
OK. What is it and how or why does it cause damage? This is not very reassuring to new owners, although I have heard that all repairs can be achieved easily and perfectly.
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

full-batman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by full-batman »

Rain, George,

I am absorbed in a melancholy the likes of which I can't remember. I take responsibility for the tears because I believe I should. It was delivered to me in perfect condition.

Did I do anything super-odd? No. The position I had the doll in was simple missionary, on bed, but with two pillows beneath her. The legs were slightly angled and I had them out to the sides. When I was finished and went to clean, that's when I saw the tears. I can't even look at her right now. :cry:

I don't think I will ever put a pillow beneath her again! :cry:
And I shouldn't have done that reverse cow-girl.

I have mentioned that I am probably larger than most guys. The few women I have been with have said this (especially width wise). I feel weird mentioning this but I am only trying to provide facts that may yield some solution. But I don't believe this would have caused the tears. No?

I checked again and it's worse than I thought. There is a tear from the vaginal cavity extending down towards the Anal cavity, and one from the anal cavity extending to the left, and one in the rear of the anal cavity extending upwards towards the back area. I would categorize these tears as small to medium considering their location.

I'm so sad, man. I'm having feelings of selling her to someone who can fix her and be done with the whole experience. It was great but I can't continue if it's going to be repairs and repairs. Of course I'm in an irrational thought process right now. I usually never make decision while I'm emotional. So who knows tomorrow.

But I feel like I can't go near the doll now. I mean, it was brand new! The most stressful position I've put her in was a reverse cowgirl (man on couch, girl on top facing away) This is where all her fingers broke. I lost grip of her when she leaned forward and didn't catch her before her hands hit the floor. Brought her up and they were as floppy as flaccid peter.

Man! I was having SO much fun! As if you couldn't tell by me messages :cry: :cry:

I'm going to buy a digital camera tonight and send pics. Geeez. I am SO depressed :cry:

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi full-batman,

I can't help with repairs either. But she CAN and WILL be fixed just like new!

Hang in there, the experts will be here soon to help. :o

Ish

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

Easy fixes !!!!!!!

The repair you posted is the correct way.

1) Clean with acetone. Let dry completely.

2) Using the glue that came with your doll, insert the glue in the tear.

3) Bring the two parts of silicone together. Use pins if needed to hold the parts together. 95% of the repairs can be positioned back together.

4) Let sit for 24 hours.

:wink:
Bedroom Eyes

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/Red-and-Blue/abw

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/album200/aaa

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

I can understand your misery and pessimism FB, I think, but I would give you two notes of caution to cheer you up.

1. As Ish says absolutely ANYTHING can be repaired and often is.

2. I might have the solution to your avoiding future problems, but I'm guessing that you will have to be prepared to take stringent steps.

It's clear that up until now you've been handling her un-suspended, and as a result have been putting her under MUCH more stress than would have been the case had she been, and so the simple solution might be just that you do suspend her and use that neck-bolt, in the future.

It will certainly stop her falling over.

Personally I'm using ceiling hooks and block and tackle of which more later, but it's clearly an easy and effective thing to do. You can situate the hooks exactly where you want to carry out the wicked deed, and have her hanging at whatever height, etc. etc. :)

Do NOT despair. All will come right in the end. I promise.
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

Wolverine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Wolverine »

My deepest sympathies,
When Tia developed some very TINY tears in her rear area, I didn't have a repair kit, and the damn glue that came with her was rock hard in it's tube. I went to the local Ace hardware, and bought a tube of DAP tm clear silicone adhesive. I put in in the tears, and then put her in a position where those tears weren't opened, wet my finger, and ran it over the tears, Done. you can't even see 'em anymore.

I do love her heiny :!: I'd be :cry: if anything were to deform it.

On the subject of the fingers, Tia has had a problem with her right hand out of the crate, the fingerwires have come off on two of the fingers, and the hand has made a funny noise every time I turned it. And it did not turn the fore arm. I've spoken to Matt about the problem, he's given me advice on everything from putting new fingernails on, to putting new fingerwires in. :cry:

After I put NEW fingerwires in and glued them, they fell out again, to shorten my already long story, I had just recently talked to Joey about an altogether new hand. Your best advice will come from Abyss on fixing the hand, bottom line. You'll have to describe in depth to them, so they can tell you how to remedy it. :wink: Good luck.

steveb

Post by steveb »

F-B

Sorry about your bad news. :cry:

If it is any consolation poor Samantha has 8 out of 10 broken fingers, although they are floppy I don't really see it as a big problem, they look O.K just move a bit much.
Miepchen's lady Pamela went back to RD for finger repair and I think something was said about a repair kit. I may try this myself as like Miepchen I am not in the US and I am not putting myself back through the stress I had when the UK freight company lost Sam on arrival.
Cheer yourself up with the thought that most of us are not so big we'd split the poor girl so easily. 8O Did you mention this to Matt when ordering ?

Again best wishes Samantha and Steve
If a man speaks aloud from the wilderness, but no woman hears him - is he still wrong ?

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

One of the reasons I decided on a Rumiko doll: If I break the pussy, I just buy a replacement. Clearly even with all the improvements in durability, Realdolls still seem to be fragile objects. I'll be waiting a while until Matt works out all the bugs.

MarkY

Post by MarkY »

If you choose to use the hard silicone for the repair it holds well but
you have a hard uncomfortable callus right where it counts.
Also if you use the hard silicone is does not flex as much as the rest of
the doll so you have an area of adjacent silicone that has to stretch more
than the rest so you just get repeated tears on either side of the repair.

I use the 2-part (soft) silicone for nearly all my repairs.
Just position the doll so that the tear is just slightly open.
Clean with soap and water then with acetone. Fill the crack
with the 2-part silicone. Make sure the crack is on the bottom
so that gravity works for you. Also wait for the silicone to
polymerize afew minutes so that it does not run all over the
place. Thick honey consistency works well. The amount of
silicone to fix that tear would be a spot about the size of a nickle,..
but I like blobs about the size of silver dollar because they are
easier to mix. Check out my post Anjie at 5. Her neck was rebuilt
with only half an Abyss repair kit.

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Well I can add to the mix I screwed up three of Carol's fingers, Evidently during Saturday mornings romp. Her index, middle and ring finger are loose at the hand plate.

It's weird though as I pulled on all the fingers and the wires seem to be attached to the hand plate still, But they are loose and won't hold position.

I've tried to be carefull since I received Her, But I've caught them on stuff quite a lot.

It was a good romp though! :D
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Also wanted to add that I would not use the repair glue for Her sex parts as it is harder and not as elastic. See if you can get some of the two part stuff from Abyss.

I ordered a repair kit with Carol just to be safe.

Do yourself a big favor and pick up a postal scale from an office supply place as well so you can get the mix right. (with a min. 1 gram resolution) I picked one up at office depot for $60 well worth it.

If you want you can also use Cine-skin from Burman and tint it yourself with oil base artist's paint. If your like me you've already peeled the paint on Her nipples. That took all of three days. :roll:
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

full-batman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by full-batman »

Thanks for all the postings and support.

I didn't go out and buy a digital camera. I will tomorrow. I went to a comedy club instead. Always a better night that way. I was getting close to getting drunk on cheap wine and singing Barry Manilow songs to my doll by candlelight. At that point I usually run to the comedy clubs.

This is true. I swear. Just before I tried today's afternoon romp, when she got damaged, I logged on to Dollforum to check messages and stuff. My logon security started with "666" and I joked to myself that I shouldn't do anything because that was a sign. ... I don't believe in that stuff so I romped anyway. ... Now she is damaged. What should I believe :?:

I will buy the acetone, digital camera, pins, and use Abyss's adhesive for repairs tomorrow. I will take before and after pics and post them when all is finished. Thanks for the advice and support.

I feel like I hurt her. :( My doll, in one day, went from incredibly awesome sex goddess to precious fragile and expensive orgasm aid. I liked it the other way :evil:

SteveB,
I didn't inform Matt of any personal precautions, but I didn't think I could have, or that it would make a difference. Oh, well :cry:

George,
I like you hooks idea and stuff. I'll be in touch later when I move apts. to ask for your advice.

wolverine,
So YOUR the one that posted that pic awhile back of the RD with the great ass. Body 2, yes? ... that's my next doll.

full-batman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by full-batman »

testing.

Is this how you guys do that quote thing ...

Sith Lord wrote:
If your like me you've already peeled the paint on Her nipples. That took all of three days.
Sounds like we're birds of a feather ... or breasts of leather? I don't know :wink:

Two part stuff, eh? ... I'll call Abyss tomorrow. Thanks!

INFORMATIONS