Starpery.com

Right in to the DamageZone!! ... any advice, Goose?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

The glue in the words of Matt: "THE GLUE DRIES STRONG YET SOFT"

Did you all get that?

You (like Matt at Abyss) should use the glue FOR ALL YOUR repairs.

Matt mixes make-up in the glue for patching.

IT WORKS !!!!!!

The two-part is for fills. A common repair with old dolls because when they tore- the whole area fell out.

I follow the instructions for all my repairs PROVIDED by Matt.

That glue IS VERY VERY VERY expensive. Matt told me how much and I went WOW !!!!!

That glue is the finest silicone glue you can buy at any price!

It's soft, yet very strong.

Hey - you guys can fix your dolls with ELMER'S glue - but for me it's Abyss materials all the way.

Ever wonder how you get a Realdoll to last?

:wink:
Bedroom Eyes

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/Red-and-Blue/abw

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/album200/aaa

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Well I've got about eight tubes of the abyss stuff. I'll lay out a bead of it tonight and I'll let ya know tomorrow.

I used some on Kia's neck when a split formed and I can tell you it's harder than the skin silicone. The repair did hold though. It was the glue from Kia's starter kit so I don't know how old it was. (the tube was unopened)
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

I myself repair as follows:

1) If I can get the two sides of silicone to meet, I glue. Sometimes I have to use small pins to hold the area together until it dries. Needless to say this kind of repair is always soft because it's mending two pieces of soft silicone together.

2) If I can't get the two sides to meet, I fill. Compression tears are a good example of this. I fill using two-part silicone from Abyss.

I myself never patch using glue because I could not get a good color match. The glue color was off slightly.

8)
Bedroom Eyes

full-batman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by full-batman »

oK ... to review,

Use the adhesive supplied with the RD, not the two part. Yes?

Getting tears to meet perfectly:
I have cleaned the doll, and swabbed the tears with rubbing alcohol, as indicated in the "Repair" info supplied with the RD. Signed by Matt.

By simply pulling the legs apart just a little, the tears reveal themselves. Then I would only need to gently bring them back together for the tears to meet perfectly.

So, from what I have learned from everyone:
  • Pull the legs apart till the tears reveal themselves
    Use a Q-tip (or my finger) to administer the adhesive inside the tears
    Gently close legs till tears meet
    Use pins if necessary
    Wait 24 hours
Is this correct?

Last 2 questions:
  • Can I just use the adhesive out of the tube? Or do I need to mix it with something for color?
    Is it really necessary to use Acetone to clean the tears?
Thanks in advance!
Joey ... ever been in a Turkish prison?

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Batt,

Wat a soap serie.
The good news, the doll can be gleud almost invisible, only the finger repair is more difficult.

The bad news: A real doll and any other silicone lovelie is more prone to damage as a much cheaper inflatable latex doll. I'am owning Tera for 3 monts now and haven't had any problem with her. Realdolls need more maintenance than a cheap latex doll and need to be handled with more care. After sex they need always to be stored hanging on their neck bolts. Although I'am not owning a doll, thats the conclusion I had already taken after all reported damages here.

Hope it fixes up well for you and I REALLY HOPE you'll enjoy the doll again at the end.
Yes she is your sex queen, but quite a fragile one. If you want to be more rude at sex, buy a latex doll, these are much stronger certainly when not overinflated. You don't harm her so soon as the silicone lovelies.

Mytime
One dream, one mission...

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

Use the glue straight from the tube.

Remove any excess glue when you bring the two halves together.

Rubbing alchohol is fine, it's a solvent cleaner similar to acetone.

8)
Bedroom Eyes

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Well just to eliminate all the doubt I checked the test bead today. Guess what, It's hard.. :roll:

Did ya hear that Mike?

I threw down a bead of GE silicone II next to it and it's softer. Go figure.

If you have your doubts to what I'm saying lay down a test bead of it yourself Batman..

Do yourself a big favor and get the two part stuff....

Sorry Mike, But I couldn't disagree with you more on this one.

full-batman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Abyss advice

Post by full-batman »

Well, I spoke with Joey this afternoon and he recommended that I use the silicone from the Repair Kit. It should be arriving in the mail next week.

He commented that the area I was repairing would probably be best served with the silicone adhesive from the Repair Kit rather than the adhesive that comes with the doll. Areas of "use" are better served with the repair kit silicone (two part?). While other areas, such as behind the knee, etc, can accomodate the non-repair kit adhesive.

I guess I'm in the minority to have tears so quickly in the vaginal and anal area. Most people don't have this problem so quickly, or at all, I guess. Still, Abyss seems to know this is a problem area and they are working on it. Sad for me though :cry:

Customer service is not something I had to demand from Abyss. Joey was very understanding and he worked out something with me considering how recent my doll was and how soon I had tears. He even gave me advice on his procedures.

Mike and Sith, thanks for your advice and concerns. I have learned from both of you and I will post pictures of the repair sometime next week. I bought the camera today.

Wolverine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Wolverine »

wolverine,
So YOUR the one that posted that pic awhile back of the RD with the great ass. Body 2, yes? ... that's my next doll.-Full_Batman

No actually my Tia is a body 3. :wink:

Mike Kelly.
I used the DAPtm silicone glue from the hardware store because the stuff I got with Tia was rock hard, in an unopened tube. If you squirt the two out side by side, I doubt anyone will be able to tell the difference. I can't, they look, and smell the same. They may even manufacture the stuff Matt uses. And it costs a lot less. :wink:

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

To recap:

Glue works to MEND silicone together that's torn apart.

I've never had this dry HARD on me. EVER.

The two part silicone ADDS material to your doll. There are times when you need to add material. Compression tears are a good example.

Now I have some cheap glue too that looks like the expensive stuff. I use it for low-stress repairs.

However, to fix repairs that are stressed, strong glue is the only thing that will yield a permanent repair.

Joey is the guy to ask. He knows.

However, Joey said never stick cheap glue in a Realdoll, it won't last.

Bedroom Eyes

steveb

Post by steveb »

Bugger

I cocked this up cos it took me so many edits to get the quote thing to work, :roll:

Talking of bugger and as I have a space here -

I went to see Notting Hill with my ex, as we were leaving the cinema she said "your just like Hugh Grant" Oh said I feeling great how ? -

She said - You say bugger in the same way !! :roll:
If a man speaks aloud from the wilderness, but no woman hears him - is he still wrong ?

steveb

Post by steveb »

Full-Batman wrote
SteveB,
I didn't inform Matt of any personal precautions, but I didn't think I could have, or that it would make a difference. Oh, well
You should have told him RD can adapt their product - never mind buddy I am also hung like a donkey - well its grey and hairy. :wink:

Good luck with the repairs, there are lots of good folk here who can help
If a man speaks aloud from the wilderness, but no woman hears him - is he still wrong ?

full-batman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by full-batman »

Thanks,

I love this website! :D :D

Mike Kelly
The two part silicone ADDS material to your doll. There are times when you need to add material. Compression tears are a good example.
Yes, I will be trying to add a little material between the tears, and bond it together, in an attempt to customize the area for me. I'm crossing my fingers!

It's Body Type-3 then, Tia! :D

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

You may be better off leaving the tears open and filling them as you stated. If you just bond them back together they may tear again.

It sounds like you may need a little more "space".

Sorry if I seemed a little zelous about the glue issue but feel the adheasive has very limited use only in underskin repairs. Anything near the surface should be done with the two part.

The entries are very critical as these will see stresses and have to be elastic and soft. The adhesive does not have these properties.

Kinda like gluing two ends of a rubberband together with super glue. When you stretch it out you will have a lump, And your willie will know it's there.

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

According to Matt at Abyss:

"The Glue IS MUCH stronger than the silicone."

He means that too.

I as much as possible follow Matt's guidelines on doll repair.

He's right too. I've had some tears that reopened with cheap glue, then reopened again with a fill repair.

I finally followed Matt's repair process to the letter AND guess what:

THE REPAIR FINALLY HELD.

SO - I tell people to repair Matt's dolls following Matt's procedures using Matt's materials.

Any Questions?

CALL MATT !!!!!

Bedroom Eyes

INFORMATIONS