Starpery.com

Right in to the DamageZone!! ... any advice, Goose?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Boater
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Boater »

Wolverine, whats the part number of the Dap adhesive you use?
Mike is right in it's best to go to the manufacturer of the product for solutions to fixing problems with thier product.
My Leyna's eye lashes need to be attended too and I plan to repair some vaginal irregularities tomorrow and will try and post pics of the process.
My experience with glues, even "SuperGlue" is, after time or after the first use/opening of the tube, you might as well toss it! It isn't the same after you open it, or haven't used it in a long time. Fresh is better.
FB, if you can fill the tears as is, this might help to accomodate your girth.
This reminds me of the time when we, my then wife and I had our second child and she tore some in the process, the doctor asked me if I wanted him to add a couple more stitches for me for later just to tighten her up.
I told him to put her back together as she was cuz she is just fine with me as she is.
"You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips..." "The Righteous Brothers"

full-batman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by full-batman »

Mike Kelly:
If you check your owner's manual that came with your doll you'll find a chapter on doll repair.

If you follow it to the letter your doll will be fine.
Manual? ... I did receive a 2-page printout stapled together. This isn't a "manual" but if it is what you are referencing then that is confusing as well.

Matt's Manual:
While it is unlikely that the silicone flesh will tear, it has been known to happen. If a rip occurs immediately remove any stress from the area to halt the damage. Contact us for a repair kit, which is available from out website, and contains the highest quality silicone sealants. Alternately, you can repair such tears with CLEAR silicone sealant (caulking). Recommended brand is Dow-Corning. To repair a tear, clean the area with rubbing alcohol, and apply the sealant to the damaged area. Close the rip and allow 24 hours for curing.
Nowhere in here is the mention of sandpaper, the difference between adhesive and silicone, or the use of acetone, what the heck Two-part is? (sounds like a rapper!) etc, etc... although I appreciate that these other comments are the results of serious repair attempts by users.

I believe what I will be doing is reading the Repair Kit when it comes. I will use the silicone (which I believe is an adhesive??) to slightly fill in the tears as well as use it as an adhesive in order to 'customize' the hole width for me.

I have the alcohol, I have the Repair Kit arriving soon.

Here are the pictures of the tears. It still makes me sad that Matt's quote (above) says that tears "may happen." ... mine happened within the first seven days.
Joey ... ever been in a Turkish prison?

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

I was wondering when someone would mention the "manual". It's not much help is it?

The Repair kit comes with one sheet of sparse information. Not a step-by-step guide like you would think.

The two part silicone that's included with the repair kit is like the material used for the doll's skin. It also includes mixing cups, popsicle sticks and two tubes of the adhesive. Hence the term "poured" in the production process, The body of the doll is two part silicone.

These are very minor tears, So don't sweat it too much.

I've got to contact Abyss myself as Carol's fingers have all broken on her left hand (because the wrist joint is rediculosly tight). So I have to replace all the finger wires and fix the joint.

No matter what anyone thinks, Abyss needs to get these joint problems fixed as this is crazy to have this on a new doll. Maybe buy some torque wrenches for the skeleton assemblers? :roll:
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

There's a manual that comes with the repair kit also.

Those are what's called cosmetic tears. They are similar to a compression tear.

Get the kit, mix the two part and fill away!!!

You've got nothing to glue together. A high - stress glue tear looks like a rip in the doll.

4 hours after your kit arrives your doll will be good as new !!!

Ya - I know, the manual is short. The repair one isn't very long either.

And yes - Dow Corning makes "DAP" silicone glue.

It's very good stuff. Almost as strong as the little tubes of glue and cheap at $3.99.

:wink:
Bedroom Eyes

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/Red-and-Blue/abw

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/album200/aaa

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Sith Lord wrote
Maybe buy some torque wrenches for the skeleton assemblers?
A doll is not a car or motorcycle were cilinderhead bolts needs to have the specified torque, but I agree, it's not funny if the bolts of a new doll are thightened too fast!

And to loose isn't funny too, because then the nut wents from the bolt with all the hazzle that follows. Then chirurgy has to be done to put the nut back on the bolt. Maybe that's the reason why that bolts are thigtened so.

Tightening wit a torque wrench may avoid this. You can get them loose again!

Fullbatman:

I can imagine you're not amused, but this can be fixed and then you can use the doll again. If you want. Realdoll owners have sometimes to cope with repairs, and although this becomes every year better, the doll isn't yet that perfect that you haven't any repair.
After one week that's fast. But maybe that using the doll well suspended to avoid stress will help to avoid further damages.
Hmm, fullbatman, I should try it again before selling her. You'll loose a lot of money when you sell the doll!

mytime
One dream, one mission...

dennis3761
Location: 151 Countries, only 1 Elsbeth! No place I would rather be.

Post by dennis3761 »

FYI...

I completed Elsbeth's repair by cleaning with acetone then carefully applying the RD adheasive. It looked good when completed. I then waited about 36 hours. A visual inspection with her legs parted was excellent and I was very encouraged. Now the real test...insertion. I lubed up properely and made about 5 strokes then stopped for re-inspection (which was hard to do). A 2nd visual inspection revealed that the adheasive did not hold, it was still adhearing but to only 1 side of the tear.

Now what?

Dennis
[b][url=http://www.dollalbum.com/php-cgi/gallery/elsbeth02][color=red]Elsbeth II[/color][/url][/b][color=blue] [i] "Nobody Does It Like Elsbeth!"[/i][/color]

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Which opening? (it matters) If it's the vag. it may not be past the glued on piece.

Sounds like it could be a bad area of two part silicone, Does the tear point feel different in any way? When it tore again did the glue take any of the skin silicone with it?

You need to clean it with soap and water(to get rid of any dirt, lube) then use acitone or naptha (removes any leached silicone oil).
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

We are all seeing eye to eye on this now...

Pictures help !!!!!

A rip you glue - they are long and deep - thru the silicone completely.

This is how it works: The hands and feet AND head of a Realdoll are GLUED ON.

A fill is for cosmetic or small compression tears. You also fill if there is no material to glue back together!!!

So - yours sounds like a fill also.

The good thing about a fill is that the curing time is less!

Bedroom Eyes

steveb

I hurt my lady

Post by steveb »

After 5 months Samanatha has just had her first tear :(

I feel mortified like I hurt someone I love :cry:

Full Batman I sympathised before but boy I know how you feel now.

Vaginal insert has a 1/2 inch tear close to the point nearest her anus.
It seems to be just the insert and not the main body

If Jayo or someone would be good enough to let me know how to post a digital photo that would probably be clearer than my discription.

I am just glad I have seen all this talk of repairs in the last few days.
At least FB's misfortune has helped me. I am going to reread this thread carefully and then fix her up. If it was not available I would be much more worried - thank goodness you guys are here.
If a man speaks aloud from the wilderness, but no woman hears him - is he still wrong ?

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Full Batty,

Already repaired that tears?!?!?
Such large job wasn't it???
You sounded as if the whole doll was teared wholy through
the silicone till the bare bone steel inner frame, but seeing that
pics she has just little cosmetic damage.
Good luck, with the fixing up. I think the fingers are more difficult
to repair than this anal/vaginal damage.

Mytime

full-batman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by full-batman »

Well, I haven't repaired the tears because the Repair Kit hasn't arrived yet.

We all do seem to be gaining consensus with the repair procedure. There is a definite difference between "tearing" and "filling." .. and I also agree that picures are the only way everyone can be talking about the same thing.

While the tears on my doll are called "minor" they look like $6000 tears to me! 8O Yet without pictures the veterans are going to have a difficult time helping us.

Steve B ... To post pictures, go to the "member gallery" link on the left side of this window. When you get there, click on "create/order my albums." You will have no albums because you haven't done it before, but you are a member so you CAN do it.
A screen while come up with "Album manager" in the top bar. Click "new" in the lower right-hand of the blank screen. It will be a simple form 'button.'

After you click "new" then you will see "new album" appear in the window. Stay here for a moment. Look to the right of the Graphic "Coppermine, you online photo album" and you will see the following links:

"Album list :: My gallery :: User mode :: Upload picture :: Logout [your alias] Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: Search "

Click on "Upload picture" link. I have made it red here for you to see, but it does not appear red on the screen. You will then be brought to a new screen that will have a "browse" button like so many email attachment buttons.

Click that button and go upload your picture.

When you picture is uploaded, right click the image and copy the "properties" address. Now return to your message where you are trying to insert pictures for all of us to see, and enclose it in the IMG tags.

Like this: Click "img," paste your copied image properties url from the gallery, click the "img" tag again to remove the "*" and your picture will be there. But you will not see it as you write. You have to submit your post and view it in the message like everyone else.

Hope this helps. I tried to read past threads about posting pictures but I found them confusing still. No offense to anyone, but those threads for updating were maybe for the old doll forum web site.

Remember, the guys that keep this site going do a lot of work. The best thing we all can do is poke around, ask questions, and don't get upset. Whatever someone else did, you can do. I hope this helps!!
Joey ... ever been in a Turkish prison?

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Full Batman.

I was thinking that a realdoll came with one full repair kit.
So I thought you could fix it up as soon as you know how to handle.
Good idea that you ordered the kit from Matt.
With new dolls and not being experienced IMO thats the way to go, Mike Kelly has used dolls for years fixing them with this stuf.
But this isn't true I see now.
H'mm better buying directly this stuff when ordering a doll I think.
Although these tears are not very big IMO such expensive dolls shouldn't do this, but it seems difficult to produce a silicone doll that doesn't tear.
So a RD owner seems to have to live with this I think, although you aren't happy with it.
Maybe the fact that Mike Kelly enjoys his dolls for many years despite sometimes some tedious repair work being helpfully for you.

Mytime

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

Yes - it is true I use Abyss repair material in my dolls - have for years.

THAT IS ALL I USE to repair them.

I ONLY USE CHEAP GLUE FOR CHEAP SILICONE TOYS - $20 dollar silicone vagina's, etc.

The sex with my dolls is wonderful period 8)

:D

THE Abyss Creations GLUE IS VERY STRONG - it holds ALL THE REALDOLLS together - hands, feet, head, vagina - everthing is held in place with that glue.

If it can BUILD a doll it can MEND a doll.

To me these repairs are small cosmetic wear marks. I would have mixed a small batch of two part silicone and been done in a few minutes flat.

A tear (or rip) in a Realdoll that requires glue looks like this:

http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?se ... _photo.php

This repair WAS GLUED with clear silicone glue.

The after pictures are perfect, you can't tell the doll tore at all.

8)
Bedroom Eyes

steveb

Post by steveb »

OK

Lets see if I have managed to follow FB kind instructions -

This is the damage to Samantha I referred to.

Is this a fill rather than a glue ? I only have a white tube of "real doll adhesive" that came in the crate I guess I need to order the repair kit.

Thanks in advance :)
If a man speaks aloud from the wilderness, but no woman hears him - is he still wrong ?

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

I'd add some make-up to the glue (white tube) that's the color of the vagina.

It's looks a little purple to me. I'd then add the glue to the notch and shape with my finger.

Then I'd let it dry.

The two-part is the color of your doll's body (tan, fair etc.) and won't match anyway.

:D
Bedroom Eyes

INFORMATIONS