Starpery.com

Pin and Gluing?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
buyer_to_be
Active Poster
Active Poster

Pin and Gluing?

Post by buyer_to_be »

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone knows how I can use pin to hold torn parts of my doll that I am trying to stick together with the abyss's glue. Picture will be helpful. I am kind of novice in the use, but looks like using pins to hold both sides of the torn part means the pins need to prick holes? is that the right way to use the pins? then what should I do with those little holes? seal them?
I am rather confused...please help.

Thanks

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Pin and Gluing?

Post by George66 »

buyer_to_be wrote:Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone knows how I can use pin to hold torn parts of my doll that I am trying to stick together with the abyss's glue.
I guess you're no longer a buyer to be if you've got a doll to repair.

I guess you mean staples rather than pins.

I don't know much about it, but I'm surprised that people are using staples instead of sticky tape. Even surgeons in hospital today are holding wounds together with sticky tape, instead of using stitches.
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Will the tape work with silicone? Something intended to stick to human skin may or may not stick to silicone.

As far as staples, a while back Joey told me to use 1 1/4 crown staples to hold a wound together for gluing. He said if you carefully pulled the staples out somewhere between a half hour and two hours later, the wound would continue to hold on its own and the holes from the staples would close up.

Haven't actually tried it, because I've never repaired a tear other than a small mouth tear, but that's what he said.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

Pins of any kind can be used to hold torn silicone together while the glue cures.

It is critical to align the two silicone parts perfectly together. Safety pins, staples, etc. work fine.

Once the glue has cured, just remove the pins - you are done.

The pin holes are too small to show or need filling of any kind.

:wink:
Bedroom Eyes

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/Red-and-Blue/abw

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/album200/aaa

INFORMATIONS