Starpery.com

Replacement Eyebrows

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Thunderheart

Replacement Eyebrows

Post by Thunderheart »

I found the eyebrows on Aurora rubbed off leaving not a trace when I cleaned her face recently. I contacted Guy, I like his eyebrows and eventually Aurora will receive a pair of his very detailed product. The problem is right now I am watching my pennies and dont have extra cash to spend on them.
A friend of mine that just lost all her hair due to cancer treatments referred me to a site that has prosthetic hair pieces, for people that have lost their own. She was wearing a pair of eyebrows and a wig from this supplier. the site is www.headcovers.com . I ordered a pair of them to get me by till I can buy a pair from Guy. They were 39.95. I received them yesterday after 8 days of waiting, and I have found them very adequate as a replacement for the painted on eyebrows. As far as I can tell the glue supplied with them seems to adhere to the doll, for how long I dont know, I prepped the skin with acetone to maximize the adhesion. They are made with human hair, and feel very real.

TH

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Main thing people should know is to not rub on painted areas. Never rub on painted areas with anything. <i>Pat</i>, don't rub.

Real eyebrows does seem like a good add-on option if one can do it easily themselves. I would be interested in eventually finding out how they hold up in the long-run. Once they've been tested to hold up well, I'd like to add this to my own doll.

I am wondering: if eyebrow needs to come off, how does one take it off without screwing up paint underneath?
(this does not apply to cases where paint has all ready come off)

If you find a good site, please submit Web Links request, then post about it. It's a heck of a lot easier for me to respond to Web Link Requests than to fish out links from posts all over the place, copy URL, logout out, log back on as Admin, then put in the link.

With Web Link Request, I see it when I'm all ready logged on as Admin and all those links show up in one place.

Thank you!
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

hi all

Rachel has had the eyebrows you spoke about fitted from new and there still in place, they look great, funny really as all the eyelashes have gone!

rentell

INFORMATIONS