Starpery.com

repair question

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
solelover

repair question

Post by solelover »

i purchased the alice japanese doll from darkmatter(and she is a beauty by the way),and there is a small vertical slit (about 1 inch long),located about 3 inches directly above her belly button....if i am correct, her construction is foam with a latex covering???? what would be the best way to repair this??? thanks for any help

quatlox
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by quatlox »

Solelover,

I don't think your doll is made out of latex. I have a candygirl and she is not latex. Maybe it is some type of latex polymer or some polyurethane. I'm not sure.

Maybe you could try some liquid latex, or a drop of super glue and hold her tight until the slit dries.

Be careful as you do not want any type of latex or plastic reacting with her creating a meltdown. I have not tried super glue, but it might just work.

Sorry I don't have any thing tried and proven for you to fix her.

Good luck and don't act quickly, someone might just chirp in with a tried and true way to fix her.

quatlox

darkmatter

Post by darkmatter »

Hey Solelover,

Seeing as there have not been many replies, you might try sending a PM to either tmech and Davecat. Those guys really know their stuff when it comes to dolls.

I almost forgot, some time ago I posted this site.

http://alice.cd/

This guy does some great modifications to the Alice doll. You might find something there helpful!

Good luck! :)
Dark

solelover

repair

Post by solelover »

ok, thanks you guys.....i,m in the process of moving soon so things are a bit of a mess here lately....thanks again

INFORMATIONS