Starpery.com

Cleaning time back saver

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
jazzman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Cleaning time back saver

Post by jazzman »

This may work for a quick cleaning tool rather than lugging into the bathroom. Of course the solid version of bedpans and particular the slimline "slipper pan" will be available in most pharmacy's and medical supply shops.

http://www.sex-versand.com/shop.php?cat ... 09f2eba827

Slipper pan idea
http://www.sex-versand.com/shop.php?cat ... 09f2eba827

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

I was going to start a new thread, But since it's the same subject. Being the lazy person that I am I've found a little trick to bathe a doll. I found some pre-moisened wipes at Wal-Mart that come in a jar of about 100 for $2.00 there called "anti-bacterial wipes". They have a small amount of alchohol in the mix and you don't have to worry about lugging around a pail of water. About four of these will do the whole doll (minus entries) and they leave a nice scent.

Sure makes bath time less of a chore, They also are softer than a washcloth for cleaning the delicate face.

I like easy.... :)
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Sith, Great Idea :!:

I'm going to try it ASAP.
*Whew* I was JUST going to bathe Lily tonight, but your idea inspired me to wait. Beats doing her on the bed with garbage bags beneath her...

Thanks, now I can better occupy my time. She does need a powdering... :wink:

PBS & Lily

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

You could also use these on the entries by wrapping one on the cannon plunger that abyss gives you with the doll, Although I ripped mine. So I use a cleaning brush they sell for aquariums thats pretty soft. (looks like a long bottle brush)

The plunger had a habit of sticking to the silicone and I ended up pushing the stick right through the end of the foam on about the third use. So I don't even try using it anymore. (yes, It was wet but it tore anyway) :roll:

BTW the baby wipes pretty much suck, Since they have no alchohol in them.

I've been using these for about 3 months now and haven't needed to break out the soap and water yet... 8)

This may sound strange, But I also drag the shop vac in the bedroom and take the duster brush to Her to get all the hair off that sticks so very well to the silicone.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out where all those short hairs were coming from, Then it dawned on me that they were my chest hairs getting yanked out. 8O It's a real bitch trying to pick those off, But 30 seconds with the shop vac and there history. :wink:

lovedollguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by lovedollguy »

That's an interesting idea "baby wipes"...I need to give that a try :wink:

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

That's an interesting idea "baby wipes"...I need to give that a try
FYI, Lovedollguy, I think he means that the baby wipes are suckish.
BTW the baby wipes pretty much suck, Since they have no alchohol in them.
See? :wink:

Use regular pre-moistened wipes because:
I found some pre-moisened wipes at Wal-Mart that come in a jar of about 100 for $2.00 there called "anti-bacterial wipes". They have a small amount of alchohol in the mix
I haven't yet looked for them and don't know a brand to suggest.

Anyway, just so you don't run out and buy the baby wipes 8O

PBS & Lily

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Actually, baby wipes are a rather good product to use to clean your doll, but with one minor fix. I wish I could remember who first gave me the idea, but it you pour a bottle of alchohol (rubbing or isopropyl) into the tub that the baby wipes come in, it works quite wonderfully. And this is true for both dolls, and general cleaning as well! :D

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Is alcholhol safe for her face?! (thinking of the paint)

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Alchohol won't harm the face. The paint is just silicone that's in a thin layer with different tint.

It won't stand up to rubbing though and powdering should be kept to a minimum if at all.

slowburn

Post by slowburn »

Sith Lord wrote:Alchohol won't harm the face. The paint is just silicone that's in a thin layer with different tint.

It won't stand up to rubbing though and powdering should be kept to a minimum if at all.
whoa, sith! i just got some of those antibacterial body wipes in preparation for the rd arrival...so, are you saying i shouldn't wipe/rub the doll to get rid of dust, hair, etc on it b/c it'll rub off the paint to the body?

ok, if that's the case, what's the appropriate way to clean her using the wipes? thanks

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

The wipes are about the softest thing you'll find.

To clarify: Wipe the face, Dont scrub it.

I really love these things, They make cleaning a breeze.

The shop-vac thing works great as well. I picked up a little 1gal shop-vac at wal-mart for $20. Getting hair off the doll is the biggest pain in the ass, But the vac gets 'em... :)

I shed hair like a dog in fall, So the hair thing was really pissing me off.

INFORMATIONS