Starpery.com

Care and maintenance of TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
CoozBot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Care and maintenance of TPE

Post by CoozBot »

DollAfficionado wrote:I'm not sure about that product. The safest bet is to get Johnson & Johnson's baby powder. Just read the ingredients & make sure that it contains corn starch and NOT talc powder.
Why is this? I find it confusing. Somewhere around here I have a small bottle that came as part of a maintenance kit from a US company with a TPE toy. Ingredients are talc and not corn starch. I just looked at my container of Johnson's Baby Powder. Ingredients are talc, fragrance (I see now that they also have corn starch available).

If there is a recommendation against talc here on TDF, can someone elaborate why? Is this based on the current health issues on the news about ovarian cancer, or the recommendations against babies inhaling it, or is this something related to issues with using it on TPE or silicone? Human hazard, doll hazard, general opinion that was heard somewhere or ??? The "why" is just as important as the "how"!

Thanks

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Talc causes cancer and respiratory problems…..
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Hi guys, I'm sort off new and will be receiving my first TPE doll tomorrow. I've just read most of this thread, and got some good idea's for cleaning the head (I already have a head). Now I am about to go to the shop to get some things for maintenance of the doll.

So I've got that periodicly powdering the doll is advised; what I did not really get was why?
And there is some mentioning of oil-ing in her whole body. But what I am wondering is; is that for the same purpose as the powdering, or some different?

Basically what I am wondering is: do baby powder and baby oil supplement each other, or do you choose one. P.s. sorry If I got some basics completely wrong, really haven't read much about maintenance yet.
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

avante wrote:Hi guys, I'm sort off new and will be receiving my first TPE doll tomorrow. I've just read most of this thread, and got some good idea's for cleaning the head (I already have a head). Now I am about to go to the shop to get some things for maintenance of the doll.

So I've got that periodicly powdering the doll is advised; what I did not really get was why?
And there is some mentioning of oil-ing in her whole body. But what I am wondering is; is that for the same purpose as the powdering, or some different?

Basically what I am wondering is: do baby powder and baby oil supplement each other, or do you choose one. P.s. sorry If I got some basics completely wrong, really haven't read much about maintenance yet.
the purpose of oil is to moisturize the material, and the powder is to give the material a realistic feel,reduce stains,and makes easier to put clothes on or off.
in short it reduces drag.
you don't want to powder while doll is wet with oil, either allow time to absorb oil or remove excess before powder.
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Thanks man!

[/quote]
the purpose of oil is to moisturize the material, and the powder is to give the material a realistic feel,reduce stains,and makes easier to put clothes on or off.
in short it reduces drag.
you don't want to powder while doll is wet with oil, either allow time to absorb oil or remove excess before powder.[/quote]
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

i have a doll in production and the main concern i have is that i live in a hot and humid environment. ive read all the forum posts and many doll vendors guides about the care and maintenance of the tpe dolls and have a (i hope) reasonable grasp of the regular care and maintenance. one question that i cant seem to find an answer for is powdering the doll with talc or corn starch in a sub tropic/high humidity environment(80% plus). air con for me is not an option. i have looked into a decent dehumidifier which would help.

i know the preference is for corn starch but the problem i foresee is with mold. with it needing air,water and food to grow.corn starch for me seems to be a bit problematic. not much i can do about air. water will be from humidity and then to apply an organic powder over the body just seems like trying to grow mold instead of prevent it.

my thought is talcum powder over the body corn starch on the head. this seems like the best compromise i can think of for my health and doll care. i have no problem with putting in the time or effort to maintain the tpe doll and any input would be appreciated.

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

Mold isn't so much an issue on the outside of a doll, I have not heard of any doll developing mold on the outside, unless it was stored for a very long time "over a year" without being played with and without being open to ambient atmosphere. Mold issues are normally associated with the cavities of the doll. This is best avoided by cleaning after every use, and thoroughly drying all cavities. This is particularly important with fixed vagina dolls. Also if you keep the cavities lubricated with Vaseline this will also deter mold growth as the Vaseline displaces water.

Hope this helps in some small way!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Regarding the best type of powder to use with your tpe gal, over here in the UK I can get a talc that is fragrant and colour free called Sutherland pure natural talc, this is also recommended​ by some vendors and is listed on eBay as well as Lovedoll UK.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Arthur1960 wrote:Regarding the best type of powder to use with your tpe gal, over here in the UK I can get a talc that is fragrant and colour free called Sutherland pure natural talc, this is also recommended​ by some vendors and is listed on eBay as well as Lovedoll UK.
Hi everyone, don't forget that talc is not fit to eat or inhale whatsoever. Corn starch is safe to eat and you might sneeze if you inhale it. :idea:

Spazzmaster

Post by Spazzmaster »

Tera is still goin strong, and beautiful as ever, she still has her spot on my bed wrapped in her pink blanket, I use her twice a week nowadays as i work alot spring summer fall. I dont finish inside her, so i dont dry her openings out anymore, the vaseline once a month or so, and I use water based lube, no mold. I check with my fingers and by smell. With the 2 lubes and cotton candy perfume 1 spray by the crotch area, 1 by the boobs, and 1 by each foot (cuz they are by my face when we have fun) each time the inside of her vagina and anus smell waaay better than a real woman usually does. I keep my place 72 degrees, sorta high humidity atm with all the rain, but ac takes that down. No new damage is occuring. I have had my fake booty like 17 years now, torso for 3 1/2, Tera for 2 I think. Im thinking her lifespan is going to go way past 5-6 years, I;m hopin pretty indefinate, like my other. Only time will tell.

Jasper52
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Jasper52 »

Thanks for the tips here. I've just ordered my first tpe doll and am waiting for her to arrive. I've read a few posts concerning washing and powdering. I'm thinking of using baby wash by Johnson ( I'm in the UK ) it states that it has the same composition as water. When it comes to powdering, I'm aware of the need for cornflower but am thinking of using powder make up to just help tone the body a little and make it seems more realistic.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

swann

Post by swann »

They say to use only water based lubes. Maintain with baby oil treatments.

Is there some reason i can't just use baby oil as my lubricant? It would seem to me it is safe for doll, safe for me, and not introducing extra moisture that could support mold.

scopes666

Post by scopes666 »

I personally prefer using baby oil as lubricant during sexytime for this exact reason. I read about it being a better alternative over water-baseb lube in this TPE care thread:

”You may find this surprising but it is now unnecessary to use water based lubrication for sexual intercourse with your doll. It is safe to use Vaseline or baby oil for lube alternative. If you want to use regular lubricant, make absolutely sure it is water-based and not silicone-based.”

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 24&t=88292

Also, I would not suggest Vaseline during sex. I find I way too thick and you can’t slip & slide easy. But baby oil is perfect: it’s slippery, it warms up fast, it’s safe, and it rehydrates your girl! It’s the ultimate sexlube!

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

scopes666 wrote: Also, I would not suggest Vaseline during sex. I find I way too thick and you can’t slip & slide easy. But baby oil is perfect: it’s slippery, it warms up fast, it’s safe, and it rehydrates your girl! It’s the ultimate sexlube!
Interesting. I tried both and came to the opposite conclusion. lol.

I thought the thickness was a positive, since I can put it exactly where I want it and nowhere else. And when I tried the baby oil (admittedly only once), I had to re-apply it after a while.

Might be worth people trying both, since they likely have both on hand anyway. I'm sure they're both safe, and each has different properties that may appeal to different people. :)

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Try some stuff made by Magic Eyes of Japan called Serious Lotion. It's sold on Toy Demon.
https://www.toydemon.com/serious-lotion-360ml
You won't use anything else after.
At least I haven't.

INFORMATIONS