Starpery.com

Care and maintenance of TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Care and maintenance of TPE

Post by Slew »

Rumia wrote:@Seattle Slew, thank you for the quick response and information. I think I will try this method with paper towels. Sounds good. What about a damage? Could bleach melt down or etc. of TPE insides? In other words what can go wrong and what the consequences might be.
And, about the bleach. I have a bleach containing chlorine (our local brands) and oxygen based (like Vanish). I think oxygen will be better, how do you think?

p.s.
And what about chlorhexidine, could it help?
Hi, Rumia. Your welcome. I'm really sorry, I can't help much here, as I'm not a chemist whatsoever. I just know from experience that mold is very difficult to treat in general, and TPE being a porous rubber, it isn't conducive to sanitising. If mold was just very tiny on one spot, if bleach didn't work, I would guess you may be able to cut that spot out.

As you probably saw in that second link I gave, even bleach doesn't necessarily work effectively: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... PE&start=0 You have to read the whole 2 page tragedy to see what they tried.

By all means get a second opinion, but I wouldn't continue to be intimate with a moldy doll. I'm very sorry.

Rumia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rumia »

@Seattle Slew, you helping me very much by quoting information and providing links to helpful topics.

Unfortunately for now is me vs mold 0:1 Q_Q
Bleach with oxygen (powder dissolved in water) didn't help. First I've made a tampon from cloth towel moistened with a bleach and put it inside for 5 hours. No effect... After that I filled all insides with a bleach for 1.5 hours, but again no effect.

I would be grateful to any suggestions. Maybe try alcohol or something else?
Attachments
step-3m.jpg
step-3m.jpg (52.54 KiB) Viewed 3327 times
step-2m.jpg
step-2m.jpg (84.14 KiB) Viewed 3327 times

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Rumia wrote:@Seattle Slew, you helping me very much by quoting information and providing links to helpful topics.

Unfortunately for now is me vs mold 0:1 Q_Q
Bleach with oxygen (powder dissolved in water) didn't help. First I've made a tampon from cloth towel moistened with a bleach and put it inside for 5 hours. No effect... After that I filled all insides with a bleach for 1.5 hours, but again no effect.

I would be grateful to any suggestions. Maybe try alcohol or something else?
Hello Rumia, you're very welcome, I'm glad to help. The thing is, although the mold doesn't look too bad yet, it will spread with time. Containing it is virtually impossible because TPE is a porous rubber, so the mold will grow in whatever direction it isn't discouraged from growing. If you bleach the surface, it will just try to grow in the other direction, so inward toward the skeleton, and later coming back to the surface when the bleach is evaporated. I think the kinds of mold which get started in rubber are possibly stronger strains of mold, so it's not the same as bleaching a rain coat that's got a little mildew.

I'm really very very sorry Rumia, I fear there is not a viable solution here, aside from the obvious and unmentionable one.

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Not sure if this would work, but what about taking an exacto knife and slicing off a thin layer of the tpe until the mold is cut out?

Also, mold can't hurt your penis, right? Because any contaminants get washed out when you piss?

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:Not sure if this would work, but what about taking an exacto knife and slicing off a thin layer of the tpe until the mold is cut out?

Also, mold can't hurt your penis, right? Because any contaminants get washed out when you piss?
If the mold hasn't grown too deep, you could cut it out, as I mentioned two posts ago, but the visible spot is in a difficult area to access. And that's just what we can see in a photo, I would wager there is more than meets the eye.

As far as any repeated contact with mold goes: https://www.cdc.gov/mold/faqs.htm

Rumia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rumia »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:Not sure if this would work, but what about taking an exacto knife and slicing off a thin layer of the tpe until the mold is cut out?

I was thinking about to cut this areas, but the main problem is a space. Almost impossible to operate a knife or scissors deep inside it, because a hole is ~1cm diameter and ~15cm deep. For now, there is only one solution how to do this: is to cut from skin to insides, but I don't have a TPE glue and as far as i know not all TPE glues compatible with TPE (different types).

BUT, there is one solution I can try before. TPE is porous, right? Right. And for maintaining it we use a baby oli, right? Right. One of antifungal medications (because mold is a fungus) is a tea tree oil... Theoretically, oil can be absorbed by TPE and kill mold even deep inside of TPE. There is only theory, but i want to try it.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Rumia wrote:One of antifungal medications (because mold is a fungus) is a tea tree oil... Theoretically, oil can be absorbed by TPE and kill mold even deep inside of TPE. There is only theory, but i want to try it.
You've got spirit Rumia, and I'm cheering for you. Best luck with your procedure, and if successful, you will be an instant legend at TDF. Let us know how it goes.

Rumia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rumia »

Hello all.
@Seattle Slew, thanks for a good words! ^^

Well, I think I can share some preliminary information. Looks like a tea tree oil is helped. Even tiny amount on a cotton swab was enough to remove mold from the surface (dots on the right side) and I was thinking about fill all orifice. :D And a black dots like on the left side was gone after 2-3 tries.

Now I'm waiting to check her after a few days. The tube was big and she need a time to restore (I hope).
And the bad part is in that the tea tree oil is highly "hot" for a human skin and mucosal. In some cases it may be the cause of allergies. So use it very careful!

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Rumia wrote:Hello all.
@Seattle Slew, thanks for a good words! ^^

Well, I think I can share some preliminary information. Looks like a tea tree oil is helped. Even tiny amount on a cotton swab was enough to remove mold from the surface (dots on the right side) and I was thinking about fill all orifice. :D And a black dots like on the left side was gone after 2-3 tries.

Now I'm waiting to check her after a few days. The tube was big and she need a time to restore (I hope).
And the bad part is in that the tea tree oil is highly "hot" for a human skin and mucosal. In some cases it may be the cause of allergies. So use it very careful!
Sounds encouraging, Rumia. It would be interesting to know the long term affects of the tea tree oil on the TPE as well. Good luck. :thumbs_up:

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Talk about warming lube! YEEOOZZAA!

To prevent this from happening in the first place avoid leaving any body fluids inside for more than say 6-8 hours.
Also, and I know this has been said before but treat the insides with petroleum jelly.
But nothing helps better than proper maintenance!
For TPE, this is what I use:

https://www.otonajp.com/medy-ene-washer

This is the Medy duche, enema, whatever device I bought from the OtonaJP site.
The ones that come with the doll need to go in the trash.
Be careful that you don't push high pressure into the doll especially if the little ball is loose or missing. (I modded my doll so this will never be an issue)

https://www.otonajp.com/g-project-sponge-sticks-50pcs

And for drying I use these G Project sponge sticks also from otonajp, yes they are quite expensive but they really do help, I put tape around the sticks to make them last longer and keep them from shedding little paper balls into the doll. I do however use the little foam block clipped onto a pair of long hemostats when the stick gives up which has been working very well.

Sorry to seem like I'm plugging otanajp, I was hooked on Japanese sex toys like Richard Pryer was to crack cocaine before I got into dolls!

Add any quality antibacterial soap or alcohol free toy cleaners to this method along with a petroleum jelly and mineral oil regiment and you shouldn't have much problems.

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

EightiesKiddd wrote:So, the consensus seems that a TPE doll ought be cleaned with water and mild anti-bacterial soap, with an emphasis on proper drying. Can anyone name some specific brands of mild anti-bacterial soap that I can buy in Canada?
here's the problem with water and soap. mold likes moisture. tpe is porous. once it's clean and dry you should saturate with vasoline at least the areas where mold might grow. mold won't grow in vasoline and vasoline is very good for tpe. water based lubes and any spank left behind will bead up and running off the surface because water does not mix with vasoline or baby oil
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

Rumia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rumia »

Hello guys, I need another advice.
Find a good petroleum jelly is my little problem now. I've bought some for test, but I'm not sure which one will be the best. Here is a ingredients:
A) Petrolatum, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palimate
B) Paraffinum liquidum, Ceresin, Paraffin, Metricaria chamomilla flower extract, Parfum
C) Helianthus annuus seed oil, Petrolatum, Ricinus communis, Cera alba, Cera carnauba, Calendula offeinalis extract, Parfum

Which you suggest to use? Option C have a yellow color, but I'm not sure that is a mineral oils and not something else.

@Fantastic Plastic, thank you for info about enema. I was thinking about this type, because I have only which one was in the package with my doll. Now I'm going to order it on Ali. ^^

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

I just use Vaseline brand pure petroleum jelly.
And I use mineral oil from the pharmacy isle at the supermarket.
Both have only one ingredient.

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

Hydrogen peroxide also kills mold
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor