Starpery.com

Ami goes under the knife...

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Ami goes under the knife...

Post by Tyr »

...again!

After all of my efforts to find a reliable way of repairing Ami, I decided to bite the bullet and operate. I tell you true, I was not looking forward to it. mucking around with the TPE insert is nothing like the real thing! I followed Dark one's advice and modified my soldering iron accordingly, well, at least I made some aluminium bits for it. I worked out the best position for her and eventually decided that I needed room to spin her around during the op so used my spare room and her storage case as an operating table. I also made a stool for myself out of a aluminium camera case. I opened the windows and set up my fan. I then spent about 20 minutes rehearsing the op with the hotknife switched off, making sure access was ok and that I could work on her with both hands. I had a parking place for the knife, my spare TPE, and the cold cure mix ready (about 24 hours in) too. I didn't take any photographs during the operation as I could do without the distraction. Here is what she looked like before:
P1010251.JPG
P1010251.JPG (816.6 KiB) Viewed 4105 times
she has a tear the size of my finger,
P1010255.JPG
P1010255.JPG (754.03 KiB) Viewed 4105 times
where she has literally fallen apart. also note the leg crease, also falling apart. I am at a loss to explain but the TPE seems to be decaying into small granular balls. That is also a tear at the bottom of her vagina too. The procedure took all afternoon and into the evening. Just for her vagina. I have repaired her leg this morning.
Time will tell as to the quality of the repair. This is the third time, although I am hopeful that this time has been a success. I used the soldering iron hot, (I used my test sample to guage weather it was ready), to make sure the TPE melted on both sides. You need a light touch too and the ability to squeeze the repair together at the same time! I tried the cold cure mix on the leg joint, It must have been still volatile as it started to eat away the TPE! Panic! Be very careful If you use this stuff It reacted completely differently to the test sample! Managed to clean it off, fortunately, and finished the job with the hot knife.
So here's where we are now:
P1010268.JPG
P1010268.JPG (787.91 KiB) Viewed 4105 times
P1010269.JPG
P1010269.JPG (879.99 KiB) Viewed 4105 times
Here's hoping this the last major repair I have to do, although somehow I doubt it.
OK, I am going to revisit her leg as I'm not quite satisfied with it, but not for now.
Ami and I need to rest up for a bit.

Tyr
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Ami goes under the knife...

Post by samara78 »

Incredible very well done. Here isvto a speedy recovery.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

That's an amazing improvement.

Hope it holds up.
My Doll Album is here!

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Great job Tyr!!!! That looks fantastic!! I'm glad all the research paid off

Rubber-toe

Post by Rubber-toe »

Wow.! That is some amazing work. Looks and sounds like you put allot of love, sweat, and dedication into her. Wishing you both a speedy recovery.
Namaste
Here i no longer feel apart from but finely feel a part of.
DOLLS
1-VRD Floppy flow platinum silicone12-12-13
1-60CM ELF TPE 4-21-15
1-140CM KATIE TPE 9-10-15
1-Custom VRD Kelu Large Butt & Breasts Platinum Silicone 9-11-15
1-RealDoll2 BROOKLYN Config 3-30-16
1-DS Doll 100cm Eva Mini 6-10-16
1-Abyss BoyToy Solana with Laila Head 7-11-16
1-YL Doll 128cm Kylie 6 pack abs 7-20-16
1-Ruby13 Presley#14 7-22-16
1-SM136ELF 8-27-19
1-SM136A 9-11-19

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

Nice work
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Maybe you should post the type of lube your using?
Iv found sliquid H2O to be very gental on TPE. Some lubes might not be.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

Raveni548
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Raveni548 »

Amazing work. :D Nice job. As I have the same problem with my girl I'll practice with similar method on some TPE material I have lying around and then try it on my doll. :) Thanks for sharing. Ami must be proud of you. :D

Raveni

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Just hope it works.

Hi DarkOne, the lube is Super Slick it is supposed to be waterbased. Undergoing test right now.

Tyr
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”

Keyman

Post by Keyman »

Great job dude! I think I missed your posts where you explained how/why this damage occurred. How old is your girl? Did you ever imagine you would become a doll surgeon? :-)

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

Keyman wrote:Great job dude! I think I missed your posts where you explained how/why this damage occurred. How old is your girl? Did you ever imagine you would become a doll surgeon? :-)
Hi Keyman, Ami is just over a month old and has had this problem since virtually day one. I had repaired her twice before but lacked the knowledge and materials to do the job properly.
I have been researching repairs for virtually all of that time. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=72751 .
As I have said above I am at a loss as to why she was falling apart, that finger sized tear started with a split labia, that kind of damage I can understand, but for it to spread in such an alarming manner? who knows? I'm guessing she had a flaw. I personally am not going to waste energy blaming manufacturers or anybody else, but would like to see an improvement in QC before marketing new bodies and heads etc. A detailed instruction manual, listing compatible materials, non compatible materials, cleaning and care would be a good start. We shouldn't have to rely on this forum, although I appreciate the help from the members regardless. :D
I never had plans to become a doll surgeon, believe me and hope this is the last of it. I will probably test things out from time to time but rather out of curiosity than necessity! :D

Tyr

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Tyr wrote:Thanks for the encouragement guys. Just hope it works.

Hi DarkOne, the lube is Super Slick it is supposed to be waterbased. Undergoing test right now.

Tyr
Uhhh can you give a list of its ingredients on the bottle?
when I google 'Super Slick' all I am finding is generic lubricant for use around the house on hinges and things, and trombone lube.. :P

H2O Sliquid is not really my fav lube atm, but I have used it for a long time by itself and experienced no real damage to my TPE toys/dolls, so I recommend it. its 'DEA, gluten, glycerine, glycerol, paraben, PEG, propylene glycol, sorbitol and sulfphates free' and that not something that a lot of lubes advertise.

In fact basically every other lube iv seen contains some of those. I believe my toys did degrade/get microrips faster before I switched to it from whatever cheapo lube I could find.

PS: Whatever you do, Don't ever use spit, and wash her out ASAP after any oral. I believe spit is the number one promoter of mold in a doll, followed by glycerine based lubes (They are sweet, its basically a sugar IIRC and I think molds can eat it)

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

Are you a white mage or something? She's back to 100% HP.

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

Hi DarkOne,

Super slik:
Ingredients:
Aqua,
Glycerine BP,
Mono Propylene Glycol USP,
Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
Sodium Methylparaben,
Sodium Ethylparaben,
Sodium Propylparben.
As you surmised, full of natural goodness :-)

I did a small test with the lube on a bit of spare TPE, checked it out this morning, and it would seem unaffected. I'll leave it for a week or so.

However, with 2 grands worth of investment why take the risk? I have some H2O Sliquid on order.

Hi Xephyr, Not a white mage, just determined. :D She may look 100% but She hasn't been road tested yet so we will have to see. :wink: I accept some damage as being part of the nature of the beast, but when I pour the amount of money that I have into my doll, including clothes etc. I want her to be the best she can be. If I have to learn a new skill, so be it. I am still a newbie and am on a steep learning curve.

Tyr

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Tyr wrote:Hi DarkOne,

Super slik:
Ingredients:
Aqua,
Glycerine BP,
Mono Propylene Glycol USP,
Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
Sodium Methylparaben,
Sodium Ethylparaben,
Sodium Propylparben.
As you surmised, full of natural goodness :-)

I did a small test with the lube on a bit of spare TPE, checked it out this morning, and it would seem unaffected. I'll leave it for a week or so.

However, with 2 grands worth of investment why take the risk? I have some H2O Sliquid on order.

Hi Xephyr, Not a white mage, just determined. :D She may look 100% but She hasn't been road tested yet so we will have to see. :wink: I accept some damage as being part of the nature of the beast, but when I pour the amount of money that I have into my doll, including clothes etc. I want her to be the best she can be. If I have to learn a new skill, so be it. I am still a newbie and am on a steep learning curve.

Tyr
Yea, Id try your preferred lube on some onahole, maybe just pour some in a clean, cheap TPE onahole, leave it a day, clean it, repeat (So no mold grows), then see if it starts degrading faster then you'd expect from 'use'.

also maybe you'll notice less wear.

I think that lube damage is what turns TPE into little balls, where as mechanical damage is more tearing.. Although also can create little pills of TPE.

If you used enough lube to keep friction minimal I think it would be lube damage.

INFORMATIONS