Starpery.com

Helen's bad hair day. ---> WIG Maintenance

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Helen's bad hair day. ---> WIG Maintenance

Post by mytime »

Hi All,

Tweetymell has given me some advice on wig maintenance.
I'am trying the following steps to improve a bad tangled blonde wig, that became tangled due to sleeping and ... having sex with Helen... :lol:

1) Make it wet.
2) Wash the wet wig with shampoo. (i've used Nivea test package), with washing I mean, try to massage the shampoo in the wig.
3) Rinse the shampoo out of the wig.
4) Wash the wig with conditioner, (i've used a Nivea test package), I mean, massage the conditioner carefully in the wig.
5) Rinse the wig with water.
6) Dry, comb carefully with hands, not pull tanglents stronger into wig.
7) When dry, spray the wig with an anti tanglent!
8) Detangle with hands, and if possible with comb. (hope comb is possible after this treatment.)

I am to step 6 now.
The wig is already better.
Tommorrow I'll try to get some detangle spray.
I'll post my experiences. If there's any one who has ideas that help with the "wig stuff" they're very welcome!!!

Mytime & Helen.
One dream, one mission...

tweetymel
Former Member

Post by tweetymel »

Good job Mytime. I would like to add don't forget to let the conditioner soak on the wig for about five minutes before rinsing. It helps to saturate the whole wig with the conditioner and you end up with much better results.

Thanks,
Tweetymel :D

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Mel,

OK, I'll add that also.
It was actually how I washed that wig, I took my time...
So both the shampoo and the conditioner have had plenty time to do their curing work.
Now the wig is dry, its already nearly as good as it was when Helen arrived.
I'll try the de- tanglent - spray.
I think I'll get it in a very good shape after that.
THANKS

Mytime

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi All,

I've finished the wig project, the latest step was spraying anti tanglent on it.
The wig has improved a lot. Its nearly as good when I got it.
I think I can get some more improvement by using the anti tanglent second time.
I think also its good to wash the wig a bit more regulary, say 1 time / 6 weeks.
Maybe its also a good idea to have some "sunday" wigs and some daily wigs... and use the sunday wig for photographing :lol:
The wigs suffer imo a lot from sleeping with the doll... thats the reason why it maybe a good idea to have some special wigs for photographing.

Mytime & Helen

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Sounds like a synthetic wig. I gave up on these as there too much work to get tangles out of. After a while they get so knotted you will never get all the tangles out. I got fed up and pitched two of them already.

I've purchased 3 human hair wigs and have found them to be much less trouble. Plus they feel better, Those synthetic wigs feel like your snuggling up to a ball of fishing line.

They cost more but are much better for daily use. I've found them on ebay for about $70 to $160 with the monofiliment tops. These are the best as the hairline looks very natural and you can change the part as you please. (the tops are hand tied to netting)

Save the synthetics for photo's only, Outside of that there more headache than there worth.
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Sith Lord,

Thats true, the real human hair wig is ten times better than the synthetic wig. Although it does need less care than the synthetic wig, the real hair wig needs in my opinion this kind of care also.
But I had the idea, lets start to try this treathment on my synthetic one.
After this my real hair wig does follow.
And You're right, good human hair wigs can be bought on e-bay, eventually 2nd hand.
After this washing conditioning threatment they'll be free of irritant scent or dust from the previous user.

Mytime & Helen

INFORMATIONS