Starpery.com

TPE Checklist/Care routine

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: TPE Checklist/Care routine

Post by JCnine »

I was wondering if you guys might elaborate a little bit more on your maintenance routine. How often do you give your girl a sponge bath? How often do you powder your girl? Where you use mineral oil and vaseline? Do you cover all the surface area when you do these things or just the parts that are more susceptible to being damaged? Also, what about her face? Again, powdering, vaseline, mineral oil? And lastly, could you guys and gals with some experience give us a list of do's/don'ts. Some of those are a bit more obvious such as standing her up without the standing foot option! I heard a story on here about a heating pad melting one of the poor girls too :( Just thought it would be a good place to share your mishaps so they're less likely to happen to new owners. I'm really interested in hearing what you guys have to say. Especially for the people who have had dolls withstand the test of time!

PS Only 15 more days till I make my first purchase! :mrgreen:
Pics of my beautiful Yumiko, Eris, and Kammie!
viewtopic.php?t=177041

symmes

Post by symmes »

JCnine wrote:I was wondering if you guys might elaborate a little bit more on your maintenance routine. How often do you give your girl a sponge bath? How often do you powder your girl? Where you use mineral oil and vaseline? Do you cover all the surface area when you do these things or just the parts that are more susceptible to being damaged? Also, what about her face? Again, powdering, vaseline, mineral oil? And lastly, could you guys and gals with some experience give us a list of do's/don'ts.
For TPE dolls, see the following two threads:
The second of those, in particular, is the primary reference for care procedures. It's a long thread (25 pages), but the most important points are made in the first few pages, so I recommend you read those carefully (maybe up to about page 5), then skim the rest.

Note, however, that care procedures for silicone dolls are entirely different, and in fact products that are good for one material are often damaging to the other. For instance, Vaseline and mineral oil can damage silicone! Thus, when asking questions on this subject, it's imperative that you specify which type of doll you have (or are planning to buy, in your case). I've responded with TPE information because that's specified in this thread's title, but you didn't explicitly say you're buying a TPE doll in your post.

Starquake

Post by Starquake »

Good list

May I also suggest
3% Hydrogen peroxide (as per Indigo20's cleaning routine)
Artists brushes for makeup
Some perforated pipe or drilled hose to hold the vagina open while it dries. To prevent the holes acting like a cheese grater, you can lightly wrap the pipe in net curtain material before insertion.
Lip gloss
Baby or antibacterial wipes (let them dry out and use with H2O2 or baby oil)
Acrylic paint
Sleep mask to protect the eyes and lashes. Save the foam ones that come with each head, although a little unsightly they work well and can be hidden under a basic sleep mask without a cavity to protect the eyes and lashes.
Stain remover (for washing outfits before first use)
Shower cap or bag to cover the neck bolt in the shower.
And a repair kit from Indigo20

PurpleTurtlesExist
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by PurpleTurtlesExist »

Commenting because this post has all the information I need, great job!

Also, I was thinking about getting a 161 cm from RLSD too, but was a little concerned about the weight, so I'm eyeing the 138 cm instead. Could you let us know how the weight handles in your review once you get her? Thanks

JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JCnine »

symmes wrote:
JCnine wrote:I was wondering if you guys might elaborate a little bit more on your maintenance routine. How often do you give your girl a sponge bath? How often do you powder your girl? Where you use mineral oil and vaseline? Do you cover all the surface area when you do these things or just the parts that are more susceptible to being damaged? Also, what about her face? Again, powdering, vaseline, mineral oil? And lastly, could you guys and gals with some experience give us a list of do's/don'ts.
For TPE dolls, see the following two threads:
The second of those, in particular, is the primary reference for care procedures. It's a long thread (25 pages), but the most important points are made in the first few pages, so I recommend you read those carefully (maybe up to about page 5), then skim the rest.

Note, however, that care procedures for silicone dolls are entirely different, and in fact products that are good for one material are often damaging to the other. For instance, Vaseline and mineral oil can damage silicone! Thus, when asking questions on this subject, it's imperative that you specify which type of doll you have (or are planning to buy, in your case). I've responded with TPE information because that's specified in this thread's title, but you didn't explicitly say you're buying a TPE doll in your post.
Ah, yes! I should have specified I'll be getting a TPE girl. And those two links were a great help, so thank you for those! I feel I have a much better idea of how to care for her now.
Pics of my beautiful Yumiko, Eris, and Kammie!
viewtopic.php?t=177041

LOVETOKNOWMORE

Post by LOVETOKNOWMORE »

Thanks for the list nice one, you said sleeping with your girl, so dont forget to trim [YOUR] finger and toe nails and wear socks in bed, good luck on recieving your doll, im waiting for mine to, its bin over a month now :)
Deal with the faults of others as gently as your own It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

What I would say for anyone who is still awaiting their doll or not ordered yet is that you don't need to panic about having everything in place before she arrives! Yes, that is a very comprehensive list but not all are necessary right from the start! You will know what you need as you go along!

The basics for TPE are:-
Babyoil
Vaseline
Cornstarch powder

You will need to think about how you're going to clean her! So for fixed vaginas you will need something to douche her with and dry her with. Now, I use a folding camping toilet (very cheap on eBay etc) sitting in a plastic tub which I can put right beside the bed! Once I sit Ashaki on the seat I put warm water in with a little antibacterial hand soap and use a plastic siphon (now a petrol/gas one from a car parts store) to squirt the water up!

Drying is drip dry for a little while then I put her on a towel on the bed and use a cloth on a stick method to finish drying. I have found a kids large bubble blower container just right to liberally coat with Vaseline and then shove in the orifices! It's about 15 inches long.
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG (1.19 MiB) Viewed 1202 times
One thing you will find is that the TPE is very stretchy! I have actually coated my hand with Vaseline and fisted her! It wasn't what you think! I needed to feel the very end of the cavities as one or two dolls have a hole at the end which should have a plug in it but for some this has come out! Ashaki has an insert and I found she does have a hole at the end of her vaginal cavity so I use plenty of Vaseline at the end of it and use Vaseline again around the insert before putting it back. Fortunately the anal cavity is fine. So I suggest you have a 'feel' at an early stage to make sure you're not squirting water through any holes you find! If you do find any plug a good dollup of Vaseline at the end.

As for the question about how often for bathing and oiling, well it depends how often she is 'used'! I give Ashaki a bit of a wipe with wet wipes every now and again below the waist as it were and a bath probably about once a month (has been a bit longer recently due to circumstances) and then a babyoil treatment straight after with Vaseline around the crutch area and other stretchy bits like underarms, elbows and knees. You can use Vaseline all over if you like but it takes ages to soak in!

I don't use much powder on her as she's black and the powder is white! If you are liberal with powder you will find it 'cakes' where it mixes with unsoaked Vaseline or Babyoil! So, when you bathe her use a fair bit of hand soap or shampoo and a sponge or flannel to get ALL the old powder off or you'll get 'cheesy' lumps when you put the oil etc on!

As I said above, everything else is nice to have eventually but don't worry if you don't have it all at the start!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

INFORMATIONS