Starpery.com

TPE and Mineral Oils

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
alamode

TPE and Mineral Oils

Post by alamode »

I put this in an existing thread but thought I should start a new thread so this info does not get lost in there. I wish to illustrate and emphasize here because after trying it I would agree that this is essential for TPE care. Indigo20 wrote an article on this and on this thread there is more info ----- http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5082f053be

The TPE contains mineral oils which dry over time hardening and cracking the TPE. My doll is one month old and developed little holes in the knees and elbows already.

The following care should be done from the onset:

---Monthly oiling of the entire doll with baby oil after the recommended monthly bath.

---Application of Nivea cream weekly at the elbows knees and armpits.

---Vaseline inside the cavities of the doll. This softens and also creates a runoff for water preventing mold. Vaseline is bad for silicone but good for TPE.
Attachments
thumbnail_20161202_192510.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_192510.jpg (123.54 KiB) Viewed 12338 times

alamode

Re: TPE and Mineral Oils

Post by alamode »

First a bath. It is best not to submerge the doll since water may get into any holes and rust the inner sketeton. A sponge bath is best and be careful not to get water in the neck, Use antibacterial soap.
Attachments
thumbnail_20161202_211127.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_211127.jpg (103.41 KiB) Viewed 12336 times

alamode

Post by alamode »

After the doll is completely dry apply baby oil to the entire doll. I used my hands and just rubbed the oil until I no longer felt any friction. It felt very healthy for the doll. Since the oil is the life of the doll it was a good feeling to replenish it. Like the song says "if it feels so right it can't be wrong"
Attachments
thumbnail_20161202_231639.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_231639.jpg (113.13 KiB) Viewed 12335 times
thumbnail_20161202_233328.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_233328.jpg (107.96 KiB) Viewed 12335 times

alamode

Post by alamode »

For the first time I did the complete body oil rubdown and the knee and elbow application together. Some of the Nivea spread out and diluted from the oil so I repeated the next day. I find it best to not do both applications together.
Attachments
thumbnail_20161202_230402.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_230402.jpg (108.03 KiB) Viewed 12331 times

alamode

Post by alamode »

These shoulder tears could have been avoided if I knew this from the start. My next doll I will treat from day 1.This doll had some defects and is a return to sender but she is still getting the TLC she needs.

After the oil is all seeped into the TPE apply the powder. I let it rest overnight and powdered the next morning.

Day 2 ----- Squeezing the doll feels much softer. The inside after using once the Vaseline is absorbed in feels more like a real orifice. Before I'd put lube it would dry and felt like I was hitting rubber. Inside is also much better now.

So far so good!! Felt very healthy for the doll. I'd suggest to anyone who wishes to have a better experience with and longer life with their TPE doll.
Attachments
thumbnail_20161116_010803.jpg
thumbnail_20161116_010803.jpg (127.73 KiB) Viewed 12330 times
thumbnail_20161115_004551.jpg
thumbnail_20161115_004551.jpg (152.39 KiB) Viewed 12330 times
thumbnail_20161202_232906.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_232906.jpg (118.35 KiB) Viewed 12330 times
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG (3.37 MiB) Viewed 12330 times

Hulk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Hulk »

I would agree that this is very important!

Naturally creased areas of these TPE dolls (as well as the bend points) can suffer the same fate, if neglected. The inner thigh by the groin area is a prime example. On these newer, full-figured dolls being released from WM & OR, new areas to be mindful of will be the crease under the larger, naturally hanging breasts (like the OR156H) or under the butt cheeks of the big booty girls. Give them a gentle lift and massage up in there with the oil. I read somewhere awhile back here on TDF that coconut oil works well with TPE too. I've been using that with good results. It almost seems as if they feel a little softer with regular conditioning. :D

Hulk

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

You are now set up for success.
Good idea to post that thread in this section since it is mentioned in basically two TDF vendors section so it should get more exposure here.
As a suggestion, her elbows should be below her shoulders to reduce stress on the under arm area as well.
Jeff and Nyoko
TDF's most loved vendor
We turn dreams into reality
yourdollusa@gmail.com
Attachments
thumbnail_20161202_233328.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_233328.jpg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 12274 times

mike-fish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mike-fish »

Hi

Your oiling info is good stuff but rare on the forum, very few talk about oiling and as far as I know the manufacturers and vendors don't include oiling in their care info, why is that?

I am waiting for my first TPE doll and so have no experience but as an engineer what you advise makes sense and even seems essential

Why do you use Nivea as well as oil?

Can ill be applied too much to TPE?

Could oil soften the TPE so that it was able to tear?

Does the oil settle through the TPE and reside in the lower parts, particularly when not moved for a long time?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I think the care is very important to ensure the doll remains in good nick.

Thanks for your advice so far
:glou:

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

@ mike-fish:

Please look at this article:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=77364

That article is the starting point.
All of your questions are answered within that article.
Take your time for reading it.

alamode

Post by alamode »

Mike fish---
The Nivea in a cream form would stay in longer I suppose. It should go at any stress points where the TPE is stretched---- Elbows, knees, upper thigh, armpit shoulders. It can and will tear. My doll is only 2 months old and tore at the shoulder before I knew of this. Check the article above from the poster Indigo20. He is the fellow I learned of this treatment from. One important thing to note is that it should be started from day 1.

TrekMS150
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TrekMS150 »

Thanks goes out to Indigo20, Jeff and alamode! I should receive my first doll before the end of this year and I've taken notes on how to care for her. Thanks again!
Kylie Guerra - WM 160cm with head #56
Dayana Zenkova - WM 85cm M Cup Torso with head #74

Doll Omnivore
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Doll Omnivore »

I feel like this or the original thread should be stickied. It definitely sounds like this is essential required maintenance for a TPE doll. But I've seen conflicting information on this which worries me. Like here on Real Love Sex Dolls' Sex Doll Care + Usage guide, where they state "Use only water-based lubricant. Silicone or petroleum based lubes can damage your dolls skin."

Overall I'm leaning toward believing this should work though. It makes enough sense to me anyway. Also the very first thing that immediately occurred to me upon reading this was essential oils. If this already has an antibacterial effect on the doll, adding a few drops of essential oils to your mineral oil might make TPE dolls virtually mold-proof. Most essential oils are extremely anti-bacterial/anti-fungal etc and can prevent mold growth. Allergies aside, most are also completely safe for contact with skin assuming they are properly diluted in a carrier oil, such as mineral oil or petroleum jelly. Not to mention, good essential oils smell incredible. Who wouldn't want their doll to be mold-proof and smell like flowers, or just about any other natural scent you can think of for that matter?

FYI for anyone interested in trying this, if you are new to essential oils, do your research first. There are a LOT people selling fake/diluted essential oils that are essentially scented alcohol. This is true of probably about 90% of the essential oils sold on amazon for instance. I also admit it's possible this could end up being a terrible idea and the essential oils might somehow damage your doll. I'd test it on a smaller TPE toy first for a few months to be safe.

Poolguy34

Post by Poolguy34 »

Should I be oiling my dolls more often since I live in an arid climate? Humidity is usually 30%-40%. I humidify my acoustic guitars to keep them from splitting. I oil every 3 months or so. I haven't noticed any damage yet. My oldest doll is only about 9 months.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Poolguy34 wrote:Should I be oiling my dolls more often since I live in an arid climate? Humidity is usually 30%-40%. I humidify my acoustic guitars to keep them from splitting. I oil every 3 months or so. I haven't noticed any damage yet. My oldest doll is only about 9 months.
Sounds like you have it covered my friend great stuff.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

This is an awesome topic, thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

INFORMATIONS