Starpery.com

TPE Repair for YLDOLL hand( hinged hand)

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: TPE Repair for YLDOLL hand( hinged hand)

Post by avante »

have mine for 3 days, until 2 fingers broke. Been trying a bit as suggested here bij abcrcadabra and BCD, but without any luck. Got the feeling they are already broken, possibly from fatigue (tho I only moved them a bit, and was quite carefull) and that the coils are likely also off; cannot feel them so far.

I have to say, for a product costing this much, I am a bit disappointed at this and feel like they (WM in my case) might as well have added a few dollars to have non-easy breakable fingers...

Because, as shown above, the current finger attachment is just flawed in so many ways. And it is really annoying having to be focused on the fingers all the time, because they are so tender, and even than breaking them for no appearant reason.
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

my OR hcup has separated finger wires also, on both hands. It sure doesn't take much to pop them out. Very disappointing for sure. But now as a cautionary tale, my doll also has a separated wrist joint. I knew this was serious because the entire hand was hanging limp, being held by the tpe only. I have added pics that show where a poorly welded nut was attached to the back of the palm plate and simply snapped off one day when I tried to rotate her hand. I had to remove a 9mm bolt which is the joining point and pivot point for the hand to the arm. These welds on the nut get heavily loaded when one rotates the hand to a different angle. This will be a tricky weld for sure and I will need a small gauge wire feed mig welder, which I hope to have in the near future. So all Jinsan doll owners, be very gentle with your girls hands for sure.(as if we didn't already know that)! Reading this thread gave me the incentive to do something about this wrist, finally. It wasn't going to fix itself.
Attachments
back of palm plate two point attachment to pivot nut
back of palm plate two point attachment to pivot nut
DSCN0844.JPG (3.95 MiB) Viewed 1808 times
clear separation between nut and back of palm plate
clear separation between nut and back of palm plate
DSCN0844.JPG (3.95 MiB) Viewed 1808 times
DSCN0849.JPG
DSCN0849.JPG (3.56 MiB) Viewed 1808 times
see broken weld points on nut. Bolt out
see broken weld points on nut. Bolt out
DSCN0850.JPG (3.92 MiB) Viewed 1808 times
nut and bolt pivot and attachment point
nut and bolt pivot and attachment point
DSCN0852.JPG (3.59 MiB) Viewed 1808 times

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

Having had the opportunity to remove a skeleton from the tpe material I can say with absolute certainty as a metal fabricator and welder that there is little to no sanding of the factory edges on the elbows knees hands wrists waist anywhere there's a movable joint nothing has been sanded smooth to reduce the cutting action that happens in eventually cuts through the gauze that the tpe material is bonded n holding on to.
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

Adrena1in

Post by Adrena1in »

I’m glad I found this thread, I’ve been searching for a while for details on the layout of a TPE doll hand. The pictures certainly prove useful in helping determine what I think is wrong with my doll. Her left hand is very loose and floppy. Not just the fingers, but the palm as well. The wrist joint is still intact, so I think the silver coil parts have come away completely from the wrist. Perhaps in re-positioning her one time I allowed too much pressure here, and it snapped off. Like most, I’m reluctant to cut the hand open to attempt a repair, because even if I can reveal the issue, and it turns out the metal has snapped where the palm “bones” appear to be glued into the wrist, it’s unlikely I’ll be able to do anything about it.

I have to say, bearing in mind the price of these love dolls, I am surprised the skeleton isn’t a bit more high quality.

waspie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by waspie »

Can i just ask here, the wrist of my doll's left hand is loose, will i have to cut into the tpe to find the nut and bolt and just tighten it ? Thanks

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

waspie wrote:Can i just ask here, the wrist of my doll's left hand is loose, will i have to cut into the tpe to find the nut and bolt and just tighten it ? Thanks
Hi, the wrist bolt will have a nut that has been spot welded to keep it in place once the joint has been tightened during construction of the skeleton. So to tighten the joint you will have to cut the weld off first. I recently made a small incision in one of my gals elbows as I have the same problem, I was thinking of trying to wrap string around the bolt in the gap where it's loose and then wind bandage around the joint before resealing the tpe. That might just give it enough tension although I've no doubt it would work loose again with regular bending, ultimately to do the job properly will mean cutting off the weld and replacing the original nut with a locking nut.

waspie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by waspie »

I did some open surgery today, making a minor incision to reveal the nut on the inside (thumb side). I applied small pressure with small pliers and turned it. It worked a treat and now th ewrist is as good as new and tight. :) The skeleton is the newer shrugging, waist side to side moving type fyi.
Thanks for the info Arthur, fortunately didn't need to do as much surgery, thankfully, and the tpe glue patched the small scar up nicely :)

INFORMATIONS