Starpery.com

TPE Repair for YLDOLL hand( hinged hand)

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
NeoChibi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

TPE Repair for YLDOLL hand( hinged hand)

Post by NeoChibi »

Does anyone know how to fix the new hand from Yldoll that is hinged? Apparently my new dolls left hand is broken or loose and flops/ shakes when I move her body. The right hand is perfectly fine and doesn't flop or shake when I move the body around. I'm kinda worried for the integrity of the hand and don't want it to mess up. If someone knows how to fix I'd be more than happy to send her out and get her the surgery needed. I know I wouldn't be comfortable doing it myself.

The lose part is where the big knuckles are on a hand.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: TPE Repair for YLDOLL hand( hinged hand)

Post by samara78 »

You will have to make an incision along the seam line on the side of her hand and take a couple of shots using flash. When you push into the sides of her wrist with your fingers, do you feel a pin or pins coming out? Squeeze the other wrist to determine the differences.

Get back to us here with your findings so we may help.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

definitely gona need an inside look. several things could be happening. it might be an easy fix. you should run into some cloth like material under tpe will have to cut it as well.
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

ok I really re-read your post. it sounds like a wire has come out of place. this is the most common of skeleton failures. DONT CUT OPEN YET!

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

if it's loose at the knuckle then here's what's happened. In the picture the copper wire that you see inside of the silver coil wire that is where the knuckle is and this is where that usually fail is the copper wire gets pulled out of the silver one as it slides inside it's wrapped with string to keep them together as you can see from the picture each finger has its own silver Coil. Where the silver Coil ends and the copper begins is where the fingers start Now you should be able to do this. first take a good look at the picture I'm sharing . then with your eyes closed .simply be around within the hand until you find the silver coil that is not have a copper one within it and hold on to it then locate the loose copper finger and join them back together you may have a little interference with some material but it's definitely a fix that can be done without cutting open ..because you're doing everything by feel, inside the hand and so I have to find the copper wire that is separated and find the silver wire that is missing a copper wire and then slide back together.
If you discovered that each silver coil has a copper wire with in it then unfortunately you will have to cut it open to see what's going on
Attachments
20161215_145315.jpg
20161215_145315.jpg (902.04 KiB) Viewed 6103 times

NeoChibi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by NeoChibi »

abracadabra wrote:if it's loose at the knuckle then here's what's happened. In the picture the copper wire that you see inside of the silver coil wire that is where the knuckle is and this is where that usually fail is the copper wire gets pulled out of the silver one as it slides inside it's wrapped with string to keep them together as you can see from the picture each finger has its own silver Coil. Where the silver Coil ends and the copper begins is where the fingers start Now you should be able to do this. first take a good look at the picture I'm sharing . then with your eyes closed .simply be around within the hand until you find the silver coil that is not have a copper one within it and hold on to it then locate the loose copper finger and join them back together you may have a little interference with some material but it's definitely a fix that can be done without cutting open ..because you're doing everything by feel, inside the hand and so I have to find the copper wire that is separated and find the silver wire that is missing a copper wire and then slide back together.
If you discovered that each silver coil has a copper wire with in it then unfortunately you will have to cut it open to see what's going on
Will have to try this I really don't want to cut open her hand. For one I'm scared I might cut her hand open and then can't patch it up the right way.

NeoChibi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by NeoChibi »

I can feel what you are talking about but I'm not understanding how to effectively connect it back together. can you do a picture step by step or a video?

edit
gonna try again it feels like that little box and her fingers are separated

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

ok the fingers are the copper wires the silver coils that connect to the"box" are the palm of the hand.
so do you think the silver coils have come out of "box"?
Technically what you are calling a box is tubing that's been pressed flat if one of the coils has come out of that box otherwise known as press tubing you're going to have pool the coil away from it farther than you think you need to to get it to slide back in and if it's not between the box and the silver coils it's most likely the copper wire in the finger needs to be slipped back inside of the silver coil and the same process will have to be done to do that you will probably have to pull the finger away from the hand significantly farther than you want to in order to do that

pmvlove
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pmvlove »

I have the same problem with the left hand of my wm156. It was fine when I received her two weeks ago, but a few days ago when hinging up and down, I felt something come loose and her fingers now wobble like the toes do.

After reading this thread I did some feeling around in the palm and found that the pinkie and thumb are fine, but I believe the three middle fingers have separated from the flat palm plate. The silver coils have either pulled out or broken off.

I tried for about an hour to get them back in place, but without luck. It feels like they may have snapped, as the end of the silver coil are flush with the palm plate...They're just not connected. I just can't figure out how three would break at once without even putting any pressure on it.

I have the vendor looking into it and sent them a video to send to the factory for feedback, but I just can't see what can be done. It's really upsetting because I loved her hands, and one of them is broken in only a couple weeks.

I don't have the courage for any incisions.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

If one of your doll’s fingers becomes dislocated ( doll must have a hinged wrist), you can fix her without cutting her open. If you look at the picture above, line A shows where the bone in the hands end. Attached to the hand bones are tubes that end and the copper wire of the fingers are inserted inside this tube. If you look at letter D, this shows what is going on under her skin. The copper wire is no longer inside the tube.
Step 1- Feel for where the bone of the hand ends
Step 2- Feel for where the tubeends, squeeze this edge with one hand
Step 3- With your other hand, pull the wire of the finger gently away from her wrist ( yes you will be stretching the finger length) so it will be infront of the tube
Step 4- Attempt to put the small wire back into the tube
Step 5- Repeat 3 and 4 until you are able to get it back inside. It is doable just not easy and it will take patience.
If you decide to do surgery on her, you are going to need to find the insertion point of the tube and make a small incision with her hand palm up and then glue the cut back using TPE glue, xylene, crazy glue, or ge 2 clear silicone. Same process easier to do when you can see the insertion point and the wire to put inside it
Love,
Nyoko
Attachments
20161215_145315 - Copy.jpg
20161215_145315 - Copy.jpg (72.44 KiB) Viewed 5743 times

pmvlove
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pmvlove »

Thank you for the detailed response. Unfortunately from what I can feel, the tube seems to be separated from the bone of the hand. I'll give it another go asap, but it doesn't appear the separation is between the silver tube and copper wire, but between the silver tube and the bone of the hand. If I shift the fingers gently, I can hear and feel the end of the silver tube grind against the bone of the hand.

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

If the separation is between the silver coil and the " bone "it's not likely that the coil is broken but rather dislocated much like the copper wire to the silver coil . 90+% of the skeleton is made of stainless not likely that that coil would break it might bend or get dislodged but not break, the coil is crimped within the "bone" or pressed tubing to be more exact ,there's a good chance you could reinsert the coil back

NeoChibi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by NeoChibi »

pmvlove wrote:I have the same problem with the left hand of my wm156. It was fine when I received her two weeks ago, but a few days ago when hinging up and down, I felt something come loose and her fingers now wobble like the toes do.

After reading this thread I did some feeling around in the palm and found that the pinkie and thumb are fine, but I believe the three middle fingers have separated from the flat palm plate. The silver coils have either pulled out or broken off.

I tried for about an hour to get them back in place, but without luck. It feels like they may have snapped, as the end of the silver coil are flush with the palm plate...They're just not connected. I just can't figure out how three would break at once without even putting any pressure on it.

I have the vendor looking into it and sent them a video to send to the factory for feedback, but I just can't see what can be done. It's really upsetting because I loved her hands, and one of them is broken in only a couple weeks.

I don't have the courage for any incisions.
I feel you and I think we are in the same boat.

NeoChibi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by NeoChibi »

does feel like the fingers are disconnected from the plate part of the hand.
Attachments
dislocated hand 4.jpg
dislocated hand 4.jpg (74.64 KiB) Viewed 5720 times
dislocated hand 3.jpg
dislocated hand 3.jpg (74.47 KiB) Viewed 5720 times

Kcupusay

Post by Kcupusay »

It's a very poor and flawed system and commonplace amongst manufacturers other than possibly highest end...the fingers are attached directly to the face of the hand plate... essentially a point of leverage attached to a sheer face and due to it's absurd design isn't repairable other than by resoldering or similar until exactly the same problem happens again or other digits go the same way.

INFORMATIONS