Starpery.com

Looking to modify a Sweet 18

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
MESTOPHYLIS
Active Poster
Active Poster

Looking to modify a Sweet 18

Post by MESTOPHYLIS »

Hello All,

I wonder if someone has an idea of how I could modify the neck of a Sweet 18 to be able to turn. I was thinking of purchasing a Sweet 18 and adding some kind of turn style plastic pivot piece like you see on teddy bears. I have looked around for such a piece but have had no luck. I wonder about the idea of using hard plastic with some kind of lock pin ? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Mestophylis

Raingirl
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Raingirl »

You had best speak with Jake/Sim18 before attempting a modification such as this on a Sweet 18. She has a foamie interior so I'm not sure such a thing is possible. However, I know from another member that Jake might offer to sell you some B model heads to practice on; that would be a lot cheaper than buying a whole doll.

Rainy

MESTOPHYLIS
Active Poster
Active Poster

great idea

Post by MESTOPHYLIS »

Thanks for the idea.

I own a V18. I love it, but do not like the molded hair, perhaps I can get a head and replace it.

I understand that the vynil is very firm and is the main support for the head and neck connection. I was planning after repair using latex with softener to coat the doll. I have been using polyurethane caulk that sticks very well to most things. It was going to be my main process when dealing with the foam core. I figure go with a urethane caulk with a bigger core hardness test like 50 for the neck sealing.

Mestophylis

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

You'll find a few answers from Harry himself in this thread :
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6415

MESTOPHYLIS
Active Poster
Active Poster

Thanks Stef

Post by MESTOPHYLIS »

I remember reading that thread awhile back.

It does show that it can be done. I am not afraid to take it to a more complicated repair ,so as not to need the choker.

It did remind me to do a test on the rubber to polyurethane caulk compatibility. I still have the pig tails of my V18 in which to test adhesion. I will caulk the two pig tails together and see if I can pull them apart.

I may settle with the head forward though I do not want to loose the doll's head turning to the side. I will detail my success with this procedure. I did send an e-mail to Jake to check about the viability of doing such a repair. It seem very doable.

gtalon

head

Post by gtalon »

I thought about doing some motifcations to my s18 April, but changed my mine....What I had in mind was to give her eyes that could open and an adjustable mouth that could be open or closed.....I also gave some thought as to making her head be able to turn....
I emailed Jake and he does sell s18 heads for $125.00 each, and repair kits for $15.00 each......But I decided that if I was going to have to pay $125.00 for a head......Then I sure as heck wasn't going to cut it up!!!!

So Goldman was nice enough to sell me his proto-type s18 head which I can experiment on....If I do decide to do any experimenting I will take photos or videos of the job, step by step and post them here .....

gtalon & April
Some how I know there's more to life then this.....

MESTOPHYLIS
Active Poster
Active Poster

Replace the Venus 18 head to a S18

Post by MESTOPHYLIS »

I just ordered an S18 head. Jake has reduced the price on purchasing just the head to $75. I am tempted to order a second head at the time when I order an S18.

Thanks for the idea of ordering a repair kit.

My first repair is to replace the head from my Venus 18 to the S18 head.

Mestophylis

MESTOPHYLIS
Active Poster
Active Poster

Getting excited !

Post by MESTOPHYLIS »

I love the Venus 18. All dolls have their strengths and weaknesses. The Venus 18 is a very versatile doll. Any sex position you can think of she can do. You can cuddle with her in ways you could not if it had legs or arms. I sleep with her most of the time. My other dolls I am doing some modifications so they are in the hospital.

I am getting excited by the idea of replacing the head of my Venus 18 to the S18 style. I feel like I will have it all. A durable doll that can have a wig, open mouth that begs to be kissed, and the torso that is so much fun to cuddle.

My only complaint is I think a torso model should have large hips and but. If I get good with latex foam I am going to modify her hips and but twice the size.

INFORMATIONS