Starpery.com

broken wrist - 4woods Peach

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
poppy70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

broken wrist - 4woods Peach

Post by poppy70 »

Hello,

it's not long that Emma is with me and she has already skeleton issues. No wonder, she is from 2010 and in really great shape.
Now I need advice how to repair, where to get parts and what to do...

There are two issues
- her right arm is rotating quite loosely in the upper arm. Maybe I can fix some screws, but I need more advice from someone who knows where the hinges are and how they work, to make the cut as small as possible
- the second issue is, her left wrist is broken. Her hand is floppy and does not keep position and I feel some metal grinding against each other.

To be sure I opened her left hand at the outer seam. This are the photos. Any advice / help is appreciated.

--- snip --- first action done ---

I've been brave and done the inevitable cut.

Just for reference - this is what the arm looks, before the cut:
uncut
uncut
DSCF5157a.JPG (102.96 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
Cut open, broken metal part removed:
open wrist
open wrist
DSCF5158a.JPG (81.57 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
The broken part taken out:
broken part
broken part
DSCF5159a.JPG (126.57 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
Now my question is - where to get that part? If dollstory is as slow with the answer as with my first request, maybe I should ask the japanese manufacturer directly?

Ok, here we go - open for suggestions

poppy

[edit]
How can I protect the cut from dust in the meantime? cling wrap?
Poppys girls
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
click on image to go to their thread

Erika
Doll
Doll

Re: broken wrist - 4woods Peach

Post by Erika »

I have a similar problem with my wrist (and so has Kim), so I am interested in your solution.
We've been hesitating to operate, because we do not have the spare parts.
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

We had another sister Annika, her album also has a lot of pics of me.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Have that part made at your local metal shop. Flatten that piece out with a hammer before you take it in for a remake. As the rotational in the upper arm. I want you to press into the area with your fingers, or hold her arm in various places above the elbow GENTLY NOT FIRM GRIP until you feel where the rotation is. At this point you can probe with your fingertip.

You may find something under the skin that feels like it is popping out too far. That likely is a bolt or an allen pin. You can cut a tiny slit there and have a look.

Never cutting means you never know
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Poppy, I'm not able to provide advice, so I am here to provide encouragement. You do an excellent job caring for your girls, and this will make you more experienced. Good luck!

poppy70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by poppy70 »

Hello samara,

thank you for the advice. I tried to feel the arm up and down and cannot find the spot where it turns. It almost feels as if there are two points at which the upper arm rotates but no screws poking out. Might be helpful to get some info from the manufacturer.

The wrist hinge looks like it is made from aluminium together with a sunken hex screw, nothing pokes out. So I assume similar well made hinges in the upper arm with screws not poking out too much.

poppy
Poppys girls

Amanda__
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Amanda__ »

One of my 4woods girls broke her upper arm just below the shoulder so i have done some shoulder joint repairs and i know how the joint is constructed. I think i have some pictures of the repair, i can look tomorrow. I was a quite complicated proceedure. Glueing the cut together after the repair without leaving a scar is not easy. My advice to you is, as long as you can move the arm and nothing is broken, leave it as it is, dont cut her up.

poppy70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by poppy70 »

Ok, it's been quite some time that I last posted, so a short summary how the repair went.

I contacted dollstory and after some emails to make sure I get the right spare part I got it together with some fresh silpoxy, ethanol for cleaning and some quibs.

The repair tutorial from Samurai helped a ton and then her hand was fixed again. Almost no visible traces because I managed to cut along the seam and the silpoxy did a great job to keep the cut closed.

She is happy again and can use her left hand again.
Poppys girls

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

poppy70 wrote:Ok, it's been quite some time that I last posted, so a short summary how the repair went.

I contacted dollstory and after some emails to make sure I get the right spare part I got it together with some fresh silpoxy, ethanol for cleaning and some quibs.

The repair tutorial from Samurai helped a ton and then her hand was fixed again. Almost no visible traces because I managed to cut along the seam and the silpoxy did a great job to keep the cut closed.

She is happy again and can use her left hand again.
Good news Poppy, very glad that the surgery was successful. You will have learned a lot from doing it this once so if you get any further problems, and I hope you don't, at least you have the experience.
Looking forward to seeing her here again soon.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Aye, same here.
Glad you managed so well and hope to see her again some time soon.
All the best.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

INFORMATIONS