Starpery.com

TPE DOLL HACKS AND FIXES .... I found

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
SoftYoungFeet
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

TPE DOLL HACKS AND FIXES .... I found

Post by SoftYoungFeet »

Years ago I bought a TPE Doll (maker not mentioned) and even though I was careful, it slowly had issues. I've never dropped, been rough or even positioned my doll inappropriately. Basically it sits next to me on the couch with her sock feet in my lap. No sexual activity at all.
Within a month the joints were all working loose, but I find it's more realistic with loose limbs and joints. Much easier to move around and hold.
FIRST big issue was the neck disconnected due to a poor weld on the skeleton. This was within the time of warranty and they kindly sent me a new body no charge. I thought that was very kind and fair. Later I repaired the neck joint with a small metal conduit junction and JB Weld glue. Both can be found at any US hardware store. Cost was way under $10 bucks.
SECOND issue was both ankles broke loose from the legs. This again was caused by poor welding. Anyone who welds may know some cheaper metals are more difficult to work with. My doll has two different kinds of metal that are almost impossible to Weld together. I cut a small slit with a razor on each inner ankle. Cleaned the broken joints with alcohol and sandpaper. With a spoon I placed a glob of thick JB Weld glue inside letting it dry overnight. This worked Great! I suggest being careful when putting shoes on your doll. Shoes can be too heavy for the joints and the soft TPE material. If not careful shoes can cause severe twisting of the ankles when moving around. In the future I hope they improve the TPE material making it stronger yet decreasing the tacky clammy feel so we don't have to powder them so much. I use ARGO corn starch from Walmart and a soft round brush. Brushing powder in works much better than rubbing it on. Lasts a lot longer too I think.
THIRD issue is TPE is breaking open around joints that move frequently. Armpits and elbows should have a thicker wrap inside. I'm still searching for a hardware store glue that works well with TPE without drying into sharp hard shapes.
Thank you nice Doll owners for all your tips.
She doesn't speak, so we get along well.

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: TPE DOLL HACKS AND FIXES .... I found

Post by CrazyCajun »

There is now a very good fix for the neck that will restore the articulated movement at: http://missatleur.com. The elbow I believe can be fixed with a TPE Repair paste by a forum member called Indigo20, you can pm him, I do believe he can help with not only the elbows, but also with the other TPE problems, he may need to know who made the doll though as they all use different TPE formulas.

Hope this is of some help to you, and I do applaud your devotion to your very lovely lady!

CrazyCajun and the Girls!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

SoftYoungFeet
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by SoftYoungFeet »

The doll maker was so kind I thought I would leave their name off of this post referring to the problems. I'm assured my new doll will last longer with all I've learned. Thank U
She doesn't speak, so we get along well.

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

The fact that there was a problem, doesn't speak towards the manufacturer, as when you look at the volume that they produce, it is inevitable that something will go wrong at some point. The fact that the manufacturer took care of the problem and kept you satisfied speaks volumes (Very Good) of that manufacturer / maker.
Good publicity can, and does come from what initially seems like something that would be a negative. I am very glad to hear that the manufacturer / maker took the appropriate action to take care of the problem. Not all of them would have done so. May I ask, because I was initially under the impression that you had had this doll for some time, How long had you had her before the neck developed a problem? And do you still have this doll?

Thanks and have a Great evening!

CrazyCajun
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

INFORMATIONS