Starpery.com

Eyelash Glue

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Eyelash Glue

Post by samara78 »

TonyR71 wrote:
Keyman,
Valid point which is why we use ge2silcone clear of course.
Love,
the BCD Girls
You mean GE Silicone II Clear, the caulk/sealant?! I use that stuff on my house! Good stuff, though. It will sure keep her eyes waterproof. 8)

Take Care,

Tony
Get rtv 4500 food grade silicone. You can buy this on ebay
Comes in a tube. Just clean the eyelash with acetone on a cotton swab let dry.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

can you glue nails on A full silicone doll ? i know you can on a tpe doll.

Realrobotdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Realrobotdoll »

Hi I got some for my silicone doll from love doll UK they sell it for type dolls ps always have things in sale

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

is there a type of glue that doesnt last too long? say a month or can be taken off easily. i would like to change up the look every month or so and dont wont to use anything that my harm the doll with regular applications

RedAlert59
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by RedAlert59 »

Thnaks for the information, I was confirmed not to use the glue which fixes the cracks on tpe...

Jarubar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jarubar »

I used that waterproof black eyelash glue and it was a big mistake. Black smears and spots everywhere. After a few tests i used the nromal white latex glue, however that is now is almost liquid and not dry. Ive ordered some silicone clear caulk and wil update on how good it is. Its a lot easier installing lashes without eyes. Also just use a toothpick to apply the glue to the lash, then stick. Also measure your eyeslashes against the eyelid and cut to size as they are made to fit for all eye sizes and you are expected to cut them.

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

optical delusion wrote:is there a type of glue that doesn't last too long? say a month or can be taken off easily. i would like to change up the look every month or so and don't wont to use anything that my harm the doll with regular applications
I'm looking into getting some magnetic eyelashes for one of my dolls...which solves the tearing of skin issue and i won't have to worry about the glue melting her TPE...
something to consider, they're pricey though, around 50 to 70 $US

far as glues, one thing i've noticed is the eyelash glues that are latex free seem to hold and set best...but i've only tested it for hair-punching on a sample piece.

I'm sure one of the TPE vendor could tell answer that better.
here to make friends...so send me an add, and feel free to say hi.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

M_Yoroshii wrote:
I'm looking into getting some magnetic eyelashes for one of my dolls...which solves the tearing of skin issue and i won't have to worry about the glue melting her TPE...
something to consider, they're pricey though, around 50 to 70 $US

far as glues, one thing i've noticed is the eyelash glues that are latex free seem to hold and set best...but i've only tested it for hair-punching on a sample piece.

I'm sure one of the TPE vendor could tell answer that better.
I did think about the magnetic lashes as well. My experiences with glues thus far were anything but fortunate. Now got some MannequinFan movable eyelids which are of different (than TPE) material. :)

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

i saw those and absolutely agree, even if i left the lashes off and kept the standard ones, just the eye itself and how it's done...is incredible.

and i release this was an older thread, but i felt the info was relevant and in need of an update for new browsers.
sorry.

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

I thought magnetic eyelashes required original eyelashes already attached and they supplement the existing eyelashes like hair extensions.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

M_Yoroshii wrote:i saw those and absolutely agree, even if i left the lashes off and kept the standard ones, just the eye itself and how it's done...is incredible.

and i release this was an older thread, but i felt the info was relevant and in need of an update for new browsers.
sorry.
In fact I´m glad you did! 8) :glou:
DexterQuest wrote:I thought magnetic eyelashes required original eyelashes already attached and they supplement the existing eyelashes like hair extensions.
yes I think something like that. But´s always worth doing some experiments and own mods on existing accessories. If I´d not gotten the MF eye lids I´d also made my mind on "implanting" (or glueing) micro magnets into/onto the normal TPE doll head lids. Haven´t gotten beyond the idea yet, but maybe anybody else maybe? 8)

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

I use a drop of superglue on a disposable surface like the bottom of a plastic cup or in a plastic spoon etc. Then use a small needle to dip in it then trace the lid in 3 spots and use tweezers to apply the lash.

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

to be honest, i've already decided never to use super glue or even the nail glue on TPE or silicone, for the eyes.
the reason being is it dries to a hard surface...not the kind of texture i'd want for that region.
fingernails or toenails. are a different topic, and even then i'd still use eyelash glue if i have to replace or change them.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

M_Yoroshii wrote:to be honest, i've already decided never to use super glue or even the nail glue on TPE or silicone, for the eyes.
the reason being is it dries to a hard surface...not the kind of texture i'd want for that region.
fingernails or toenails. are a different topic, and even then i'd still use eyelash glue if i have to replace or change them.
Exactly! I´ll avoid any super glue for use on TPE like the plague for sure. One bad experience was enough. :|

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

admittedly the eyelash glue for the nails means more work for the nails, but on the plus side you also have more time to get the positioning better for them.

still, for her eyes, another thing i know on superglue is it crumbles in to little shards...so that's another consideration.

@Ragnar66:
hope you're doing well. sorry about the bad experience, and hope everything got worked out for you.

since we're talking about eyelash glue, i'm working in testing a new brand called sassy, for doing a hair test.
if it does well, then i may give it a try for punching hair on a sample.

INFORMATIONS