Starpery.com

TPE Repair advice for courier damage - cuts and compression

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
bobhenry
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: TPE Repair advice for courier damage - cuts and compress

Post by bobhenry »

PassionDolls wrote:
WaffleAnomaly wrote:I'm just baffled how she ended up on a pallet. Either the factory shipped her out that way which is hilariously incompetent.

..or someone unboxed her, did who knows what else, and led to this. Might want to be disinfecting that doll in addition to repairing 8O
The factory did not ship her out that way. It was TNT. At that time we had no choice but to use TNT as other carrier stop shipping doll to the client country of origin.

I guess he, unfortunately, got his doll shipped at a bad time. If it wasn't for all that importation mess I don't think we'll have this issue. Nevertheless, the client was compensated by us.
I hope you sent the bill back to TNT !

bobhenry
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bobhenry »

CrashTW wrote:
PassionDolls wrote:Let's not all jump to conclusion.

The client was issue a compensation/refund. So that's not the issue.

This doll was send months ago and not something that is recent. The client was already compensated. A replacement doll was not possible at that time due to the country origin and during that time has banned importation of doll. It was too risky to send another so a compensation/refund was issued.

The TPE and stain removal was send to the client at our own expense.

I believed he just asking for assistance to repair the doll. I believed the client though it would be nice to be able to repair it and would be a waste to throw it away (I would agree). The topic was not about how this doll was damage or issue with replacement. That's already taken care of. It was about how it can be fixed this damage doll.

I would suggest use krazy glue or some very strong glue to glue back the big gap. TPE glue for the smaller gap.

Stain will eventually fade, but using mineral spirit or stain removal cream I send will help to get the stain away faster.

I'm no expert on melting the TPE, but I believed there is some health hazard to that and maybe someone can give him some guidance on that. Melting them could helps cover up the lines, but again I'm no expert on this. Maybe someone here can help him out.

Aber is an awesome guy and a valuable client. I wish this had not happen to him. I hope someone could help him out with this.
Hey PD.
This is why I did not jump to any conclusions. Since he posted that the doll arrived like X, the only conclusion with the available data was it was recently delivered as such. If it was in fact ordered through you, since that was not positively stated in the post either, beyond the extra TPE and solvent, I was confident you would correct the issue as best as possible.
My compliments on helping them and sending extra solvent and TPE material even after the refund to try and help out as much as you could.

Melting TPE leaves scars behind, and for damage that severe, it would likely be some bad scarring.
I would still suggest they contact samara78 for advice and speak with Indigo20 about what they need in one of his repair kits and order one of them.
With the right tools, that damage can be fixed with minimal scaring.

For the compressions, warm water controlled by a something like hot water pack to heat the material up and see if it will regain its shape. Possibly some gentle massaging of the surface area.
The doll will most likely have some lasting marks or compression marks, but the cuts/rips should be able to be repaired with Indigo's repair kit and some patience.
This will require a large amount of TPE paste.

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

CrashTW wrote: Hey PD.
This is why I did not jump to any conclusions. Since he posted that the doll arrived like X, the only conclusion with the available data was it was recently delivered as such. If it was in fact ordered through you, since that was not positively stated in the post either, beyond the extra TPE and solvent, I was confident you would correct the issue as best as possible.
My compliments on helping them and sending extra solvent and TPE material even after the refund to try and help out as much as you could.

Melting TPE leaves scars behind, and for damage that severe, it would likely be some bad scarring.
I would still suggest they contact samara78 for advice and speak with Indigo20 about what they need in one of his repair kits and order one of them.
With the right tools, that damage can be fixed with minimal scaring.

For the compressions, warm water controlled by a something like hot water pack to heat the material up and see if it will regain its shape. Possibly some gentle massaging of the surface area.
The doll will most likely have some lasting marks or compression marks, but the cuts/rips should be able to be repaired with Indigo's repair kit and some patience.
Thanks for your advice. I'm sure Aber will read this and know where to go from here. Aber, if you read this, contact me and I can pay for the first batch of Indigo20's repair kit if needed.

Might be nice to experiment with it too because he has lots of dolls and if it ever damage he will know how to fix.

Although the doll was damage, it would be a waste to throw it out. Hope he can get it fix up as much as possible or donate it.
ImageImageImage
Passion Dolls - Sex Dolls & Love Dolls - Check out our large selection of TPE & Silicone Doll Offering
BUY FROM AN AUTHORIZED & TRUSTED SOURCE! - PASSION DOLLS

***** IF YOU HAVE NOT CHECK OUT PASSION DOLLS YOU ARE MISSING OUT *****

Why choose us? READ HERE >>>>>>>>>>> WHY CHOOSING WHO HANDLE YOUR ORDER IS SO IMPORTANT
USA Vendor/Manufacturer. Hundreds of happy customers worldwide and growing!

CrashTW
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CrashTW »

bobhenry wrote:This will require a large amount of TPE paste.
Yes, which is why I advised to contact Indigo20 first. They may be able to work out a custom kit with extra paste available.
The arm damage will be the easiest to fix, even though it is the worst cut/hole on the doll. The paste will fill it and allow the material to mix back together. Holes/cuts/rips are the most common damage, so the most documented on repairs.
The part that will be hard is where the plastic strapping cut into the doll. That combination of cuts and compression damage will be difficult to fully fix.
This is why I also suggested reaching out to samara78 who posted on this thread earlier. They are the grand-master of doll repair and may have advice on how to approach the different damage types for repair.

Either way, the first step should be speaking with the man that makes the repair kits and is affiliated with the vendor that sells them.
PassionDolls wrote:Thanks for your advice. I'm sure Aber will read this and know where to go from here. Aber, if you read this, contact me and I can pay for the first batch of Indigo20's repair kit if needed.
This is why I really like TDF.
So many vendors could just wash their hands of this and walk away. I see so many TDF vendors bending over backwards to try and help when there is a tragedy with a delivery.

Aber

Post by Aber »

Thanks for all the pointers, this is a great forum!

I was just after advice on how to repair the doll. Like Doug said it would be a shame to not make her presentable as she is a wonderful doll.
Bizarrely her boobs are in perfect condition if a little grubby. Amazing considering how she arrived.
I am most worried about the arm as the cut goes deep whereas the strap marks do not go all the way through the TPE to the core.
I'd like to be able to stand her in a shower to wash her without worrying about water getting into the skeleton.

I don't fault Doug at PD as my previous doll from PD arrived in perfect health but was not shipped via TNT (it was Fedex).
Jessica is about as heavy as LeAnne so the box should have been sufficient.

As I said in my other thread about the incompetence of couriers I decided to keep her and not wait the possible months for a replacement due to waitings lists and the insurance claim. I have been compensated by PD to my complete satisfaction... I just didn't want to bring up the same thing in 2 threads :-)

Also, I don't mind taking my time getting the correct tools and going very slowly as I have a number of others dolls to keep me occupied :wink:.
Those boobs are very distracting though :whistle:
MechadollUSA 95D (2016): Heated, 3 Faces: Brigette, Sophie, Laura; skin tone:normal, no fuzz, plain nails
Doll Sweet 145+ (2016): 3 heads:Lilith, sKayla, DoraCE; white skin, tight joints, no fuzz, no nails
Maidlee Doll Maid-Fong: Head 2, built-in oral and anal
PassionDolls 158cm pre-order with massive boobs and Trina head

CrashTW
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CrashTW »

Aber wrote:Thanks for all the pointers, this is a great forum!

I was just after advice on how to repair the doll. Like Doug said it would be a shame to not make her presentable as she is a wonderful doll.
Bizarrely her boobs are in perfect condition if a little grubby. Amazing considering how she arrived.
I am most worried about the arm as the cut goes deep whereas the strap marks do not go all the way through the TPE to the core.
I'd like to be able to stand her in a shower to wash her without worrying about water getting into the skeleton.

I don't fault Doug at PD as my previous doll from PD arrived in perfect health but was not shipped via TNT (it was Fedex).

As I said in my other thread about the incompetence of couriers I decided to keep her and not wait the possible months for a replacement due to waitings lists and the insurance claim. I have been compensated by PD to my complete satisfaction... I just didn't want to bring up the same thing in 2 threads :-)

Also, I don't mind taking my time getting the correct tools and going very slowly as I have a number of others dolls to keep me occupied :wink:.
The arm cut is the deepest cut on her, but the TPE repair kit Indigo20 sells was made for that and those kinds of damages are the most common, rip/cuts/chunks missing, so there is a lot of documentation on it for repair.
If you really want to wash her, you can use some plastic cling wrap to block off that area of the arm and keep it water tight, then wash her.
After the shower, use a damp hand towel to hand wash that part of her to clean it up. That will give you better control, keeping water from entering, and a damp cloth should not be so damp that water squeezes out of it all over.

The repair kit will have what you need to do the best repair possible, but with the amount of damage I am not certain a single container of the paste it comes with is enough right out.
That is why I suggested contacting Indigo20 for a bit of advice on what to order with the repair kit, and maybe Doll Studio could do a custom kit build for you that included more paste to use.
The manual you can get for the repair kit from their website goes over a bunch of repair steps and how to use everything.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

You could use a Digital 858D which you can find on eBay for around £30.
IMG_0282.JPG
IMG_0282.JPG (30.89 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
It's a soldering station but comes with very small nozzles and controls air flow and temperature extremely well. I believe they even use it in some doll factories for sealing in nipple colour etc. It can be used to go to 100C to soften the TPE slightly but precisely go to its near melt temp of around 180 to 190C. It can be used in a very local area so you can start at the 'bottom' of the cuts and wait till it cools down again. Then work your way up very slowly a bit at a time, cooling between gos.

I would finish the last bit using Indigo's kit to ensure you get a better and smoother finish to the 'skin' area but you can use the station to even do that!

If Doug can send a large piece of TPE rather than a sample 3 inch square, you can practice on that first!

I hope that helps, cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by xsdolls »

@Aber: When doing the repair work please don't forget to work in a VERY ventilated area with very good respiratory, eye and hand protection! This is very very important, since when melted, TPE is highly toxic.
XS Dolls™ - Setting the Standard
www.xsdolls.com - 1.800.605.5656 - support@xsdolls.com

Latest Dollcast Video:
XS:DC - S01E04 - Sanhui 156/E Review

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

The repair is possible. It will require plenty of patience.
Sorry for any confusion, thought that she was a new doll.
Any cuts where the material is whole can be dealt with the glue solvent from the vendor. Any place where tpe is missing will require a full kit from indigo20. His kit is amazing and well worth the purchase.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

This community is great and everybody is helping with perfect recommendations.

As mentioned, the repair can be made with hot-welding and cold-welding or a mixture of both.

1.) The cold-welding repair with solvents:

Yellow line: TPE glue
Red line / area: TPE paste filling
Green line / area: Smoothing
Area.jpg
Area.jpg (30.97 KiB) Viewed 1602 times

The usage of TPE glue and the TPE paste filling is easy, because there is no material tension.

The smoothing of the large areas can be made with created "grinding oil" from the repair set.
Take the mixing vessel, 2ml syringe and blunt cannula.
Put 1ml "Preparer" and 1ml white oil in the mixing vessel and there you have "grinding oil". (> not usable on a surface with material tension !)
Apply the grinding oil on the surface, let it absorb a little bit and then take a fine sandpaper (240) and wipe gently over the surface.
Repeat that to get the best result.
At last, apply the grinding oil again and then press the sandpaper on the surface.
That brings back the porous looking surface structure.
Use "Finisher" to bring back the matt effect.

2.) The hot-welding repair with a rework station:

The repair is exactly described from hollows+fentiman.
It needs practise to deal with the temperature, fan speed, small or large nozzle and disance to the surface.

Yellow line:
Slow hot-welding with small nozzle and low fan speed from the inside stepwise to the surface.

Red line / area:
That needs TPE material cut in size and hot-welded into the opening.

Green line / area:
Higher fan speed, larger nozzle and medium distance.
Use the sandpaper and press it on the shiny surface.
Therewith you are pressing the texture from the sandpaper in the hot TPE surface.
That brings back the porous surface structure.
If you are using a bit mineral oil on the surface, then you are able to wipe gently with the sandpaper.
Do not wipe without mineral oil.

@ hollows+fentiman:
I would recommend to you to test the sandpaper method for gently smoothing with a bit mineral oil.
And pressing the sandpaper on the hot and oil free surface for bringing back the porous surface structure.
Afterwards wipe with your finger above the surface.
That removes the shiny effect.

To give you an impression this is my workstation with additional modelling tools, scissors, tweezers...
2.jpg
2.jpg (42.88 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
...and the additional nozzles.
6.JPG
6.JPG (44.16 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
I showed the pictures for demonstrating, that you need a lot of tools if you want to do perfect hot-welding repairs.

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Unbelievable. You'd think these stupid motherfuckers would know not to do this to a box marked as fragile. Who does these shipping companies even hire? Trained gorillas?

Great advice as usual Indigo! Hope the OP can salvage this girl

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:Unbelievable. You'd think these stupid motherfuckers would know not to do this to a box marked as fragile. Who does these shipping companies even hire? Trained gorillas?

Great advice as usual Indigo! Hope the OP can salvage this girl
An actual trained gorilla would probably have done a better job :P

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

@Indigo: To avoid potential further damage, we need to be really careful here. We do not have a certified TPE Repair Kit for Passion Dolls, and we do not know who makes these OEM dolls. The product page for "LeAnne - Type A - 158cm Gigantic Busty Real Sex Doll With Big Booty" does not state which TPE blend is used, so we can not predict how the TPE Repair Kit for the Jinshan TPE blend or another supported TPE blend might work on this unsupported type of doll.

Without further information, the "hot-welding repair with a rework station" is probably the best bet for this abused lady.

Sandro.
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Aber

Post by Aber »

Wow! Fantastic information Indigo20!
I'll definitely get the soldering station with extra nozzles.

@xsdolls: No worries... I had planned to do the repairs in my garage where the door opens up. I could even do it outside weather permitting. I'm sort of tempted to look for a gas mask too. :)
MechadollUSA 95D (2016): Heated, 3 Faces: Brigette, Sophie, Laura; skin tone:normal, no fuzz, plain nails
Doll Sweet 145+ (2016): 3 heads:Lilith, sKayla, DoraCE; white skin, tight joints, no fuzz, no nails
Maidlee Doll Maid-Fong: Head 2, built-in oral and anal
PassionDolls 158cm pre-order with massive boobs and Trina head

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Aber wrote:Thanks for all the pointers, this is a great forum!

Wash her with baby oil and a hand massage all the dirt will come right out. Wash with baby oil and gplo over her afterwards with a wet baby wipe. When the baby wipe gets dirty throw it away and take out another and continue wiping her down til it comes clean.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS