Starpery.com

Repair to TPE private parts

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Repair to TPE private parts

Post by Pron »

expect the tear to reappear.
, when you do the remolding wrong.
I would go even a step further and can tell you, remolding a brand new doll's head and private parts went to no tears at all just because of erasing the predetermined breaking points :!:
As design engineer for molded plastic parts I wondered about the crap I found as a newbie; and it teared as feared.
I would never adopt a new TPE doll without remolding her as first step after the hundreds of them I've seen here on the forum and expected them to tear very fast. :whistle:
Extremely important!!!
Work in a ventilated area!!!
Don't get in contact with this toxic stuff!
Never breath it in and don't touch it heated!
I don't know a manufacturer who tells customers how many % of which toxic substances are molded into a doll.

Lucid Dreamer

Post by Lucid Dreamer »

@ barbydoll

It all depends on how wide you are and how vigorous you go. These dolls tear for a reason. I would like to see the shape of the WM hole change from a circle to an oval/slit shape. With that shape, only the top and bottom of the vagina would tear. It would also be much harder to tear an oval/slit shape.

When my doll tore it was her entire labia not only a little tear on the inside. After repairing, it tore again about a month later! Any aesthetics were totally lost. I have since gave up on TPE and fixed dolls and switched over to silicone insert dolls... They are much more sturdy!! (in my opinion)

What you say about erasing predetermined breaking points is a great idea that would definitely increase the longevity of a TPE doll. I wish I knew about soldering TPE when I first started out.
- My Dreams Become Reality... -

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Yes - fumes were terrible. But I think it melted far enough into the material to homogenise the whole area of the repair and think it will work. It's not something perhaps that one expects to do successfully in one go.

I will probably be selling her on on due course and will only do so having tested her, of course in the cause of science, at least a couple of times observing for any hint of re-opening, and cleaning appropriately.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

Lucid Dreamer wrote:@ barbydoll

It all depends on how wide you are and how vigorous you go. These dolls tear for a reason. I would like to see the shape of the WM hole change from a circle to an oval/slit shape. With that shape only the top and bottom of the vagina would tear. It would also be much harder to tear an oval/slit shape.

When my doll tore it was her entire labia not only a little tear on the inside. After repairing, it tore again about a month later! Any aesthetics were totally lost. I have since gave up on TPE and fixed dolls and switched over to insert dolls...
I know where you're coming from and read this very often.
It took me so much work that I was angry I didn't buy a realdoll for 10k or something instead because the saved time would have been cheaper. :?
But I learned how to rework the material at least.

It's really a shame to see underengineered dolls sold for so much money :(
I initially bought mine just as a toy, so I can't really estimate how disappointed some with other expectations might be and maybe saved money for a few month for the doll.
I'm glad I found a way to be satisfied without having fear to damage my doll irreparably.
Remolding doesn't work with silicone, so at least if you know how to repair a TPE doll you don't have to be afraid of tears :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS