Starpery.com

can you over powder?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

can you over powder?

Post by optical delusion »

ive had my girl for nearly 2 weeks and ive noticed that after each night in bed her skin gets tacky by morning. i have her legs covered by a stocking so that keeps them smooth to touch but anywhere that is not covered up by clothes or is under the blankets is quite sticky by morning.
most days i give her a quick touch up each day but am wondering if frequent powdering can be damaging. i havent done it for the past 3 days but tonight she is very sticky and my concern is that if i move during the night i may stick to the skin and tear it. ive given her a baby oil once over and nivea cream on high stress areas.
is there any harm to daily powdering if i keep up a regular maintenance regime with baby oil/nivea/vaseline?
cheers

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: can you over powder?

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, well i've had 1 of my 2 gals for nearly 10 months now and for 1st couple of months I hadn't discovered the baby oil Vaseline treatment so I just did the powdering along with a monthly bath. I did find that in the crotch area the tpe seemed to be drying out a bit and looking stressed so I did the research on here and learned about baby oil and Vaseline and started to use that regime straight away. This seemed to improve the areas that looked stressed and so far it doesn't seem to have gotten worse. The thing is that the powdering will dry out the tpe quicker (it would dry out naturally over time as it gives off some of it's oil hence the tacky feeling) but it's necessary to keep your gals skin smooth and less tacky so it doesn't pick up any dirt etc so easily. The trick is to get the powdering/ baby oil balance right but I suspect it's not the same for every tpe doll as the tpe mix can differ quite a bit. For example my YL148 has firmer skin and doesn't seem to need as much powdering as my WM161 gal whose tpe seems softer and for the first few weeks was tackier although it seems to have settiled down now and is usually nice to touch. I've also noticed that the tpe on my WM gal still looks like new after 5 months as she got the baby oil and Vaseline treatment as soon as she moved in so it must be good for our tpe companions! Hope that's of some help, if your still not sure then check out the very long thread on here about tpe maintenance as it's very informative.

INFORMATIONS