Starpery.com

Damage on barely used doll

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
CuriousLurker
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Damage on barely used doll

Post by CuriousLurker »

I've had my doll for 8 months. In that time I've not really touched her much. I 'did' her maybe 6 or 7 times the first four months. Since then, never. She has been lying flat on her back almost the entire time. I've been thinking about selling her, so when I went to inspect I found this horrible damage in her crotch area. I don't understand how this could have happened. It looks like it may have dried out, but how can i get this bad after just 8 months? She has never been in direct sunlight and the air is not particularly dry.

Could it be a factory fault? It's supposed to be an ORdoll, but I purchased it from a tdf-approved vendor, and an ORdoll representative here on the forums questioned whether it was a genuine ORdoll. That mystery was never resolved. I'm thinking I should try to get my money back...

For repairs I was thinking about getting some liquid TPE and smearing it over the damaged areas. How will that work?
Attachments
damaged.jpg
damaged.jpg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 3032 times

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Damage on barely used doll

Post by Knightshift »

Did you buy her from an approved TDF vendor? Some of the copies out there are made with inferior grades of silicone or TPE. I'm sure someone on here will know exactly what's going on with her. Whatever the issue is, I have no doubt someone will still want to buy her.
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Are you sure she's a genuine OR doll? This sort of damage is unheard of in such a short period of time. 8O My YL lady is about three years old with no damage at all other than a minor armpit tear.
Which is amazing since I've been a bit lazy about maintaining her as I should. :oops:
Have you been using excess amounts of alcohol to clean her? Alcohol is fine for silicone dolls, but I think the jury is still out on whether it's safe for long term use on TPE dolls.
Although this is just speculation on my part as I'm not a chemist, I would think that alcohol will tend to break down the TPE oils and cause the material to dry out if used on a regular basis over a period of time.
But in any case, if she is a genuine OR doll and you haven't did anything to cause this damage; then whoever sold her to you needs to answer for it. Hope you can work something out.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

This looks like stress cracks.
Looks like when you cleaned her last it must have been just before leaving her lying down. If you layed her down with her legs together, you may have had a problem that way
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I forgot. Give her whole body a rub and soslak of baby oil. Use petroleum jelly on the groin. Avoid storing these girls without adequate powdering.
What were the angle of her legs while being stored?
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

CuriousLurker
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by CuriousLurker »

She was purchased at a dollforum-approved vendor. I'm not 100% sure she is a genuine ORdoll.

After washing her I spread the legs to increase the airflow to the vagina (I didn't spread the legs any more than a real person would feel is comfortable). I was unaware that powdering was necessary when the doll is not being used, as I thought that was just to increase smoothness and avoid tearing when in use. I used alcohol on the crotch area once just after I got her. Never since.

I also just noticed that the similar type of damage is starting to appear on her knees. This rules out the possibility that the crotch damage was because of leg-spreading alone. Because the knees have been under very little stress. Never bent to extreme angles and never having been at an angle for extended periods of time.

I haven't discussed this with the vendor yet, as I wanted to know more about what I'm dealing with before I do.

I did my homework before buying her, so it pisses me off that she gets this damaged this fast.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Apply petroleum jelly to her and let it soak in. Show pics of this doll after you apply petroleum jelly or baby oil to her.

coralsheep91
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by coralsheep91 »

CuriousLurker wrote:She was purchased at a dollforum-approved vendor. I'm not 100% sure she is a genuine ORdoll.

After washing her I spread the legs to increase the airflow to the vagina (I didn't spread the legs any more than a real person would feel is comfortable). I was unaware that powdering was necessary when the doll is not being used, as I thought that was just to increase smoothness and avoid tearing when in use. I used alcohol on the crotch area once just after I got her. Never since.

I also just noticed that the similar type of damage is starting to appear on her knees. This rules out the possibility that the crotch damage was because of leg-spreading alone. Because the knees have been under very little stress. Never bent to extreme angles and never having been at an angle for extended periods of time.

I haven't discussed this with the vendor yet, as I wanted to know more about what I'm dealing with before I do.

I did my homework before buying her, so it pisses me off that she gets this damaged this fast.
I too have a doll that is 8 months old and shows zero signs of damage. I followed advice found on this forum and have given my doll a monthly oil bath from day one which may be viewed here: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 27&t=77364

In my opinion the damage shown in your picture is from drying out and could have been prevented with monthly oil baths. My doll just got her 8th oil back yesterday.

Sorry this has happen to her.

Coral
Kim: YL155 custom A cup with WM74 head

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Powdering does not slow drying of doll surface it in fact increases it. Applying petroleum jelly is to replace oils / put back what weeps out to help the doll skin to stay in good shape. The powdering is to help prevent friction damage and to make the doll feel smoother to the touch & to get rid of sticky feel after cleaning & after petroleum jelly applications.

esp
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by esp »

Honestly this looks exactly like a test I done with tpe several yrs ago with repeatedly heating and cooling off the the tpe. These spots look the same! I didn't treat with mineral oil or Vaseline during that time. I learned alot back then! I learned there were limitations to the number of heating and cooling cycles that tpe could go through before the mechanical properties and appearance were affected. And these are very high stress points on a doll when you bend the legs at the hips like that. Even if a doll is somehow maybe stored in a cold place and taken back into the warmth many times. I feel the"key" is to constantly apply mineral oils and Vaseline into the tpe for longevity.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

I have an adopted doll that was pretty dried out when I picked it up, to the point that the tops of her feet even looked like they had been chewed on. (not quite as bad as yours, but no too far from it either.) I saturated her with vaseline (two treatments, a week apart) and now I can't see the previous 'damage' at all. Hopefully, the same will work for you.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I agree that TPE dolls need a mineral oil and vaseline treatment from time to time. But not doing so shouldn't cause this sort of damage in eight months. Perhaps in eight years. But not in eight months! 8O
I have had my lady for about three years and have yet to give her a mineral oil bath and have only applied vaseline to her crotch area for the first time a few months ago. (Although I admit that I need to do better) But despite my laziness and even spreading her legs pretty wide during playtime; she has NO crotch damage.
That's what makes me think that either the OP's lady isn't a genuine OR doll or maybe she is an OR doll that got produced with a bad batch of TPE. :?
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Using alcohol on TPE without replacing oils is quite likely to be the cause.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

CuriousLurker
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by CuriousLurker »

Alcohol has never been near the knees, so I doubt the alcohol has anything to do with the damage. Besides I used alcohol on the crotch ONCE 8 months ago, while I used alcohol on the breasts a few times and the breasts are fine.

I tried applying vaseline and I can't see any difference. I can understand that mineral oil might help prevent damage like this, but how will it fix it?

Can I fill in the damaged areas with TPE-filler? It seems too bad to fix with glue.

solyaris
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by solyaris »

Folks - I need to chime in here

I feel for you CuriousLurker, it is concerning especially when a few people have hinted your doll might be a fake and/or implied improper care on your part.

Please take a look at my doll - she has already developed a stress/stretch mark below her left ass cheek, just above her thighs.

Apologize for the darkish shot - but it can be seen. It's nowhere near as severe as yours, but I have every reason the be concern, just like you.

I have only "used" her for playtime 4-5 times. She went through the gentle bath with soft-soap mixture and water, 100% pure mineral oil rubdown then 3 cornstarch powder ups, because she gets sticky quite soon after powdering.

Vaseline has been rubbed onto her stress areas, including elbows, armpits, below her buttocks, knees, heel, back of her heels, wrists and all crevices.

She has not been stretched violently nor abruptly, no unreasonable bent angles, and has spent most of her time standing up, not stretched, incidentally. That's because I've been trying to get her butt in a proper shape from the slight flattening during shipment. Her ass also developed some slight lines from laying on folded towel, but those lines are now almost fully gone. Her butt is still slighty flat, so more 100% petroleum jelly should be applied.

She has been fitted into 7-8 different clothes, all made of stretch material but tighter fitting dresses, and done with a lot of care. FWIW, she still has perfect nails, eyelashes, fingers, toes....keep that in mind, as I try to convince others that I have been careful with preparation, carry techniques, handling, dressing on and off, storage and what not.

And can anyone here dare guess how long I've had her?

12 freaking days.

In fact, I noticed the tear 2 days ago, I think. So make that 10 days. Yup.

She's a WM Doll, purchased from an approved vendor on here. The pre-shipment or passport photos strongly suggests this was manufactured in WM's facility.

No matter how you look at it, deduce all the possibilities of how a tear might happen, it just doesn't add up. Not in twelve days' time.

I'm in a air-cond facility, but I often leave the windows open and AC shut off for fresh air. When the temperature indoors gets about 78 F, I turn on the AC. When the room gets to around 75-76F, AC goes off.

The analysis of hot/cold sounds logical, but c'mon - 10/12 days???

No amount of prior historical TPE experience can explain this, except for a poor batch of TPE or manufacturing process.

Furthermore, there is another thread here by someone who complained about lingering TPE smell & stickiness, and many posters have quickly jumped to the conclusion there too, that the poor buyer purchased a fake, and have been advised to ask for money back. My doll still does has a faint smell, and she feels constantly oily. So based on others' experiences, does that deduce to mean that mine's fake too?

No, because it came from WM doll. It probably means their manufacturing standard or TPE quality has taken shortcuts.
Attachments
P1130428.JPG
P1130428.JPG (2.87 MiB) Viewed 2585 times

INFORMATIONS