Starpery.com

Broken thumb?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Broken thumb?

Post by CinnamonLover »

Greetings! I tried searching for my answer, but I would say my results were mixed. Most people talking about damage over time, but not so much about what (if anything) can be done if your doll's thumb becomes "dislocated".

I noticed that the thumb on one of Cinnamon's hands poses perfectly and is a joy to work with, and the other does not pose at all. The "dislocated" thumb does not LOOK funny, but it does not hold a pose, it immediately bounces back into place, or hangs slightly with gravity. So far as I can tell the wire within still works, though I have not attempted to bend it wanting to be cautious. Has the thumb come out of the palm? Is there something that can be done in this case?

CinnamonLover. Because I love cinnamon. And Cinnamon, and Nutmeg, and Cloves! Here is our Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Broken thumb?

Post by ZannyDanger »

Sorry to hear about that Cinnamon :(
It's a very common issue with the wire fingers. Most likely got disconnected from the coil that holds it in place in her palm. Sadly i don't think anything can be done short of cutting her palm open to reconnect it, which i wouldn't attempt personally.

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

pretty common to break a thumb, even this quick. Sorry Cinnamon... Nicole gives you a limp high-five (hi-four?) for having the same problem. Oh, that probably hurt. Bad idea.

Nicole
Doll
Doll

Post by Nicole »

Synth... i'm gonna stick my good thumb up yo ass if you don't shutup.. Cinnamon, if it starts looking bent weird, have lover grab the thumb and carefully bend the wire back straight. You can feel the wire under the tpe

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CinnamonLover »

Hee! Okay Synth and N1cole. Thanks for the replies. Right now Cinnamon's thumb actually looks natural most of the time, but I will bear in mind the ideas and wires here. For now she just has a "lucky fin". Though again, it looks totally normal depending on the angle of her hand.
CinnamonLover. Because I love cinnamon. And Cinnamon, and Nutmeg, and Cloves! Here is our Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

contact samara78 she may have some ideas.

carlys_guy

INFORMATIONS