Starpery.com

Dust stuck on doll, tips on cleaning and removing?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
catastrophe
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Dust stuck on doll, tips on cleaning and removing?

Post by catastrophe »

Hey guys, I had my 6YE doll for almost 2 months now and had washed it twice since then. But everytime I find it extremely time consuming and never able to really get the dust off so just wondering if there's any efficient way to do it?

The way I clean it is, lay a waterproof mattress protector on top of my bed, doll on top, then mix antibaterial soap with warm water and use a microfiber cloth to wipe it. flip it over and repeat on the back. But I find no matter how many times I wipe it there's still dust stuck on the doll. And the microfiber cloth seems a bit rough on the skin too. I find baby oil is pretty good at picking up dust and dirt but they just get relocated elsewhere and have to end up using a lot of it.

So are there any efficient way to clean a doll? Would showering with a plastic bag covering the skeleton be faster? Or is something like a lint roller effective at cleaning the dust off?

Thanks

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Dust stuck on doll, tips on cleaning and removing?

Post by samara78 »

Powder your doll when she dries. It will help. Change your a.c or furnace filter once every 3 months or so.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I sponge bath my gal with her standing on a big plastic trash bag. (Standing feet) Seems to me doing it with her lying down, you're going the roll her back into the dirt you just washed off when you flip her over. I oil and powder mine in a standing position as well. We have forced air ventilation, but I've had no issues with excessive dust accumulation. I do keep my gal dressed though which helps I suppose.

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

I had some splotchy patches of what looked like dirt/grime/dust stuff which I assume was old powder and dirt that got trapped in the TPE pores... after 2 bubbly soap washings it was still there.
I had to actually wipe her down with a baby oil soaked microfiber towel. That turned it to tiny black gummy sticky balls of goo that i chased to her fingertips and toes and removed. then i wiped all the remaining oil off of her I could. She was good as new. Then after drying I powder the crap outta her with corn starch.
I only do this type of cleaning once a month though. I do not want to "over oil" the TPE as Mandos warned me about previously when I asked this question. My post is prob still here check for it and see if the pics i post look similar.
EDIT: here's that post I made viewtopic.php?f=7&t=99207
My girl never leaves her factory supplied blanket. And it gets washed once a week. I change my A/C filter very often (every 2-3 weeks) dirty or not. and I keep my floors clean, (I have not got carpet)

Hope that helps some.
RK
MDBG
Formerly known as SillyconeLover (it was only for a week)

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

RainKing,
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
We all believe baby oil is the best way to penetrate the dolls skin to get her clean!
Love
The BCD Girls

http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Washing the doll will just get rid of bacteria and powder. After that I always use baby oil to get rid of the particles and stains. Massage the oil in one and same direction over and over, and you'll see that the dirt will collect at the end. On an arm for example, stroke it from the armpit and out to the hands, then wipe up the collected dirt there. Same on a leg, begin from the hip, and collect the dirt all the way out to the feet, wipe it off. Torso from shoulders down to hip, back from shoulders down to the butt. With the head I collect the dirt up on the scalp.

When this cleaning is done I add the layer of baby oil that is to be absorbed. After that the vaseline on certain areas and cavities. And finally the powder. If not doing the whole maintenance you can just add the powder after the cleaning baby oil has absorbed. The powder will hide most of the small dirt that still remains, and protect the skin from more crap sticking to it.

Also keep in mind that towels are full of particles and dust after laundry. So make sure to not let that crap stick to your clean doll as well. You can use one of them sticky rollers to get the worst off the towel before use.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

I'm still evaluating the best method to clean her properly.

My preferred method so far:
  • She is standing in the shower. To prevent water from getting into the feet, I temporary replace the standing screws with longer ones. And to protect the shower from scratches I put something under her feet.
  • Wash her with my own hands using a spray bottle with a mixture of liquid soap an water. No towel, nothing with could rub on her skin.
  • Rinse with warm water.
  • Pad her dry with a soft towel.
  • Complete baby oil rubdown with my hands. This dissolves much black dust. It looks nasty.
  • Wait some time to let some baby oil soak in.
  • Shower myself directly in front of her
  • Wash her a second time with mild soap. Once again with my hands. This removes the dirt that has been dissolved by the baby oil.
  • Rinse with warm water.
  • <censored>
  • Pad her dry with a soft towel.
  • Powdering while standing in the bedroom.
I try to do this every 4 to 6 weeks.

Before anyone complaints about water reaching the skeleton:
  • I always hold the shower head from top to bottom.
  • I do never ever spray water in her mouth, vagina or anus.
  • There is no chance that water "climbs" in the vagina or anus hole to reach the TPE ball or the skeleton.
  • Her head covers her neck completely. No running-down water can get between head and neck.
  • I just need to keep an eye on her feet. But so far nothing happened..
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

After that I always use baby oil to get rid of the particles and stains.
NORD,
Thanks you
Maybe people will notice a trend
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

catastrophe
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by catastrophe »

Ok thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks like it's waste of time trying to wash off the dust with a cloth since it never really picks up all the dust. Just wondering how much baby oil do you guys usually use each time? Just pour a handful and rub it along? I guess I'm too conservative and not using enough. How long does a 200ml baby oil usually last for cleaning and maintenance? 4 or 5 times?

LikeEmThicc

Post by LikeEmThicc »

you can squeeze/push against the skin kinda firmly when you're washing. Ain't gonna hurt her... dust clumps right up... wet dust bunnies are easier to pick up than dry. Also, like someone said, powder real good. You won't notice as much then

INFORMATIONS