It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:18 am

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]  
Search for:

Post subject: Sil-Poxy repair question..help!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:05 pm 

Hello,

I own a DS Yolanda doll and she is great!
I have noticed that her left hand has a bit of an issue, I know these dolls are cast around the interior metal skeleton, and the hand is a flat bit of metal with the small flexible metal strips that go into the fingers.
I noticed that her hand has come a bit free of the metal inside.
There is no damage, I can still pose her hand but I can hear that it is a bit detached from the metal inside if I gently squeeze her palm.

I have a tube of Smooth-On Sil-Poxy for small repairs that DS suggested I use, and I am wondering if this Sil-Poxy will cure in an anaerobic environment (no oxygen environment)
I am wanting to fill a syringe with the Sil-Poxy and insert it into her hand and "squirt" in a bit of the Sil-Poxy both ontop and under the interior metal palm plate to attempt to re-establish that bond, but I am concerned and needing to know if the Sil-Poxy I plan on "squirting" inside her hand will cure in there without air, or if it will just remain un-cured goo.
Here is a link to the Sil-Poxy from Smooth-On's site.

https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/sil-poxy/
I appreciate the help!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Sil-Poxy repair question..help!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:40 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Jessedoll wrote:
Hello,

I own a DS Yolanda doll and she is great!
I have noticed that her left hand has a bit of an issue, I know these dolls are cast around the interior metal skeleton, and the hand is a flat bit of metal with the small flexible metal strips that go into the fingers.
I noticed that her hand has come a bit free of the metal inside.
There is no damage, I can still pose her hand but I can hear that it is a bit detached from the metal inside if I gently squeeze her palm.

I have a tube of Smooth-On Sil-Poxy for small repairs that DS suggested I use, and I am wondering if this Sil-Poxy will cure in an anaerobic environment (no oxygen environment)
I am wanting to fill a syringe with the Sil-Poxy and insert it into her hand and "squirt" in a bit of the Sil-Poxy both ontop and under the interior metal palm plate to attempt to re-establish that bond, but I am concerned and needing to know if the Sil-Poxy I plan on "squirting" inside her hand will cure in there without air, or if it will just remain un-cured goo.
Here is a link to the Sil-Poxy from Smooth-On's site.

https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/sil-poxy/
I appreciate the help!

It should cure fine. There will be enough air.

The challenge will be injecting sil poxy as it is quite thick!

I would suggest leave it as is as the benefits are questionable and the same situation will likely re-develop over time.

My Doll Album is here!
 AIM Send private message  

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]