Starpery.com

Sil-Poxy repair question..help!

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Jessedoll
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Sil-Poxy repair question..help!

Post by Jessedoll »

Hello,

I own a DS Yolanda doll and she is great!
I have noticed that her left hand has a bit of an issue, I know these dolls are cast around the interior metal skeleton, and the hand is a flat bit of metal with the small flexible metal strips that go into the fingers.
I noticed that her hand has come a bit free of the metal inside.
There is no damage, I can still pose her hand but I can hear that it is a bit detached from the metal inside if I gently squeeze her palm.

I have a tube of Smooth-On Sil-Poxy for small repairs that DS suggested I use, and I am wondering if this Sil-Poxy will cure in an anaerobic environment (no oxygen environment)
I am wanting to fill a syringe with the Sil-Poxy and insert it into her hand and "squirt" in a bit of the Sil-Poxy both ontop and under the interior metal palm plate to attempt to re-establish that bond, but I am concerned and needing to know if the Sil-Poxy I plan on "squirting" inside her hand will cure in there without air, or if it will just remain un-cured goo.
Here is a link to the Sil-Poxy from Smooth-On's site.

https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/sil-poxy/
I appreciate the help!

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Sil-Poxy repair question..help!

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Jessedoll wrote:Hello,

I own a DS Yolanda doll and she is great!
I have noticed that her left hand has a bit of an issue, I know these dolls are cast around the interior metal skeleton, and the hand is a flat bit of metal with the small flexible metal strips that go into the fingers.
I noticed that her hand has come a bit free of the metal inside.
There is no damage, I can still pose her hand but I can hear that it is a bit detached from the metal inside if I gently squeeze her palm.

I have a tube of Smooth-On Sil-Poxy for small repairs that DS suggested I use, and I am wondering if this Sil-Poxy will cure in an anaerobic environment (no oxygen environment)
I am wanting to fill a syringe with the Sil-Poxy and insert it into her hand and "squirt" in a bit of the Sil-Poxy both ontop and under the interior metal palm plate to attempt to re-establish that bond, but I am concerned and needing to know if the Sil-Poxy I plan on "squirting" inside her hand will cure in there without air, or if it will just remain un-cured goo.
Here is a link to the Sil-Poxy from Smooth-On's site.

https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/sil-poxy/
I appreciate the help!
It should cure fine. There will be enough air.

The challenge will be injecting sil poxy as it is quite thick!

I would suggest leave it as is as the benefits are questionable and the same situation will likely re-develop over time.
My Doll Album is here!

INFORMATIONS