Starpery.com

Warning - maintenance things you should know

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Cobra47
Active Poster
Active Poster

Warning - maintenance things you should know

Post by Cobra47 »

https://www.sexdolls-usa.com/pages/maintenance

A good website with info about things to carry on like monthly oiling or avoid showering on bath. Learn tips from there

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Warning - maintenance things you should know

Post by Mr Franz »

Oiling advice seems to be a bit dated. Most newer TPE blends do not require oil rubs that frequently. 3 to 4 times a year is usually sufficient. Didn't see any recommendation for treating stress areas with Vaseline now and then either.

Jeff's Honeymoon Guide is another good reference:

viewtopic.php?f=267&t=72826

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Probably that routine suits their dolls :)

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Yes, like Franz says, there isn’t just a one size fits all maintenance routine anymore.
Maybe like five or so years ago when TPE would dry out easily.
The blends have improved to the point that they almost all exhibit the same characteristics.
Out of all my dolls, I have only one that started to dry out, a generous rub of mineral oil fixed it, but all the others seem very stable.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

I oiled my new doll once with baby oil and all oil was absorbed within half an hour. I'm not sure but to me it seems that TPE might me a bit dry already because it's cheap stock doll and who knows how long it has been in storage and TPE might not be top of the line quality. I also bought jar of vaseline but haven't used it yet on my doll because I'm not sure what good it would do if it takes a very long time to absorb. That means it can't be used externally on the doll because vaseline would cause a mess and internally when washing the cavities any scrubbing would cause most of the vaseline to come off. After washing I dry her orifices with soft ended stick and pieces of cloth because I like to see by my own eyes that there are no moisture left behind. When cloth doesn't show any signs of moisture I can be fairly sure orifices are dry. Then I leave her lie down and legs slightly spreaded for few hours. Somehow I don't trust air pump and X number of hours to completely dry the soaking wet cavity. So far no mold so this method can't be that bad :D

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

As long as the cavity is open to a dry air environment, mold is not going be a problem

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

air pump
"love is the only engine of survival"-Leonard Cohen

"all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain"-roy batty

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

stepford2030
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by stepford2030 »

seagull wrote:As long as the cavity is open to a dry air environment, mold is not going be a problem
What about a speculum with a rubberband to keep it open combined with an air pump?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

There is a likelihood of moisture getting trapped between the speculum and the walls, have found keeping the legs slightly apart opens the cavity enough for the air pump to blow out all moisture and leave it dry for months :)

stepford2030
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by stepford2030 »

Which pump to use and how long leave running?

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

After I clean sanitize and dry my dolls holes I put a fish pump with several hoses into her holes for about 2 hours I do this after I've checked that her holes are pretty much already dry with fingers and a flashlight.
"love is the only engine of survival"-Leonard Cohen

"all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain"-roy batty

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Time for air pump depends on the capacity of the pump, temperature and the humidity in your area

A fairly strong pump with a couple of hoses should give you a dry cavity in a few hours, some use a half day of aerating others only a couple of hours :)

stepford2030
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by stepford2030 »

I thought after flushing to use a drystick first, wait 30 min. then put in air pump for at least an hour or 2. Once a week use tampons instead of drystick with hydrogen peroxide to sterilize. Alternatively to use a WM Intelligent Cleaning system that washes/dries/sterilize automatically, however i think its still new and haven't seen any reviews on it. I've also read the female condoms offer more sensation than male condoms, but haven't read a comparison from anyone who tried them.

xiao_wu90

Post by xiao_wu90 »

Routine cleaning is absolutely necessary for your doll hygiene and longevity. Apart from regular maintenance, I shower with my doll on monthly basis for thorough cleaning.

May be this blog can help you to keep your doll clean: https://sexdollogy.com/how-to-clean-a-sex-doll

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The Female condoms also come in different thicknesses (and prices)
If you enjoy the doll's internal lumps and bumps then go thin :)

INFORMATIONS