Starpery.com

Welp... Didn't take me long to mess her up. :(

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Welp... Didn't take me long to mess her up. :(

Post by Broven »

Not sure how (or when) I managed to do this. But it became painfully obvious when I went to powder her tonight... She swears it doesn't hurt. But, man I feel awful....
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG (2.72 MiB) Viewed 1621 times
IMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG (4.72 MiB) Viewed 1621 times
IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0127.JPG (4.73 MiB) Viewed 1621 times
Is this what you would call an abrasion? It's in the same spot on both of her inner legs (by the knee), though the pictured side is a lot worse than the other. Did I not keep her powdered enough?

Ugh, I'm an awful owner... :P

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

DollDaddy27
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Welp... Didn't take me long to mess her up. :(

Post by DollDaddy27 »

i would rub that with baby oil and let it soak in overnite. might not be as bad as you thing. I had some abrasion in 3rd week that virtually disappeared after the baby oil soaking...

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

DollDaddy27 wrote:i would rub that with baby oil and let it soak in overnite. might not be as bad as you thing. I had some abrasion in 3rd week that virtually disappeared after the baby oil soaking...
Thanks, man. I will definitely try that. :)

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Yeah, massage some mineral oil on her, she'll thank you immediately.
This will most likely smooth out some with an oiling.
When this type of abrasion is worse it would have to be cleaned of all powder and contaminants and oiled, let dry, and carefully go over the area in a relaxed state with a heat gun.
Different TPE blends react differently with this sort of method so be careful if you ever try that.
But I'm sure you'll see an immediate improvement with an oil treatment.
I personally use mineral oil from the pharmacy, it will be with the laxatives.

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Broven wrote:Ugh, I'm an awful owner... :P
Don't be so hard on yourself, this is actually normal wear to expect on a doll, you can reduce it some by dressing her in a crotchless body stocking.
It will keep abrasions down a bit.
Also this happens to nipples very frequently, I place plastic wrap circles over them under the stocking to prevent abrasion.
Your a fine owner.
You obviously care about your doll.
Using her will cause wear, you can just do things to guard against it to a degree.
Happy dolling!

FP

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Broven, you seem like a nice guy. I don't want to have to call Doll Protective Services. I recommend you provide Anna Marie two pints of her favorite ice cream in addition to whatever good advice TPE experts recommend for this sort of situation. Also, don't be too hard on yourself. Mishaps are part of the process.

Unknown03
Former Member

Post by Unknown03 »

Broven wrote:
Is this what you would call an abrasion? It's in the same spot on both of her inner legs (by the knee), though the pictured side is a lot worse than the other. Did I not keep her powdered enough?

God, Broven, I feel your pain. I felt the same way when I first discovered Luna's broken fingers. I know from your posts that you are one of the doll owners who really cares. It is obvious from your post here. I don't own a tpe doll so I cannot offer fix-it advice, but I do know if you follow the recommendations others are giving, you will get your girl back in good health. Take a deep breath, and know you are someone who does "get it" and certainly deserve to be with your doll. And she's lucky to have you.

Unknown03
Former Member

Post by Unknown03 »

autolycus wrote:
Broven wrote:

God, Broven, I feel your pain. I felt the same way when I first discovered Luna's broken fingers. I know from your posts that you are one of the doll owners who really cares. It is obvious from your post here. I don't own a tpe doll so I cannot offer fix-it advice, but I do know if you follow the recommendations others are giving, you will get Anna Marie back in good health. Take a deep breath, and know you are someone who does "get it" and certainly deserve to be with your doll. And Anna Marie is lucky to have you.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Good Luck. :(
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Thank you all for the encouraging words and for the advice. I oiled the areas last night and they do already seem improved. The right leg which had the lesser damage actually appears to be back to normal. I re-applied some oil this morning and will let her rest for the day to see how it looks tonight. Hopefully I was freaking out about nothing. :P
Anyway, thanks again. :)

INFORMATIONS