Starpery.com

Black Stockings

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
7kantara
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Black Stockings

Post by 7kantara »

Hi all
I'm a brand new member and my doll is on order and due for deliver in a week or so. I'm in the process of obtaining clothes for her. I note that colour item can be a problem due to dye staining. Could anyone advise if black stocking will cause a problem or should I wash 'Everything' as a matter of course. Complete beginner so please bear with me, doubtless I will be posting more dumb questions.
Cheers

dollbeauty515
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Black Stockings

Post by dollbeauty515 »

I personally washed anything I got for Arabella that was new with tags or without.

If it was a real dark color I hand washed more than once to get any bleed out hopefully.

Other items, I hand washed at least once, and if no bleed, I didn't wash again before putting them on.

I had one pair of panties, they were pink mesh material that after 4 washings, the water was still tinted, so I just threw them out. Same with a multicolored shirt that was part of an ebay lot.

Better to be safe than sorry. If you worry it might stain, wash a few times.

It will give you something to do before she gets there and you get excited and forget to.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

good blog for dolls a member has started. these pages are addressing stains.

https://dollydearest9.wixsite.com/blog/ ... -bad-stain

https://dollydearest9.wixsite.com/blog/ ... -materials

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I got some cheap Halloween costumes. Most advised no washing. They all worked out great, but I tested them for several hours on a sample TPE before they ever touched MJ.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

To be safe I have white tights for my gals that they can wear under anything darker, you can then put black stockings over them and they still look good. I think that even with washing, black stockings will still stain tpe if left on long enough.

7kantara
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by 7kantara »

Thanks for that guys, washing it is. As you say it will keep me busy until she gets here! :razz: Can't wait! Never been down this route before but my wife died about 10 years ago and I've been alone since. I'm really too old to look for a new wife even if I had the energy. To be brutally honest this is going to be a much cheaper option anyway!
Great forum by the way! No snide remarks for one thing, I guess we are all of the same mind!
Cheers

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

7kantara wrote:Thanks for that guys, washing it is. As you say it will keep me busy until she gets here! :razz: Can't wait! Never been down this route before but my wife died about 10 years ago and I've been alone since. I'm really too old to look for a new wife even if I had the energy. To be brutally honest this is going to be a much cheaper option anyway!
Great forum by the way! No snide remarks for one thing, I guess we are all of the same mind!
Cheers
no point judging anyone here.we may have reached this point by different paths but where all in the same boat. although i do have to stop and laugh at myself every so often. a grown man playing dress up with his doll. but thats kinda part of the appeal of dolls. your introduced to a world you had barely glanced into prior.

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

7kantara wrote:Thanks for that guys, washing it is. As you say it will keep me busy until she gets here! :razz: Can't wait! Never been down this route before but my wife died about 10 years ago and I've been alone since. I'm really too old to look for a new wife even if I had the energy. To be brutally honest this is going to be a much cheaper option anyway!
Cheers
What's not stated here is whether the doll is TPE or silicone. My Hanna is silicone and she wears stockings most of the time. She has had them on for weeks and I've never had any stains whatsoever. She also has black dresses and again never had stains from them. Some dresses were bought used and therefore have been washed but others were brought new, again without staining. It's always worthwhile washing them a couple of times first though.
This may not be the case for TPE and I can't comment but you could do a test by leaving something on for an hour and then checking for staining, then if it's fine leave for another hour, etc.

(PS. I sent you a PM regarding your import question)
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

7kantara
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by 7kantara »

I have a TPE doll on order, really should have researched a bit more than I did. In a bit of a rush I guess soon as I'd made up my mind to get one.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Use a pair of skin colored stocking under the black stocking to protect the doll from color bleeding and staining. ALWAYS wash dark colors in the washing machine first before dressing the doll. I wash darks at least twice on warm. Better to ruin the cheap clothes from China than to ruin the doll. White colors and pink look great on a lot of girls.

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

If you buy quality stockings this is not a problem, the cheap stuff will stain any doll in most cases. But as a precaution always test first if you are uncertain. A TPE vagina insert is what I test on, it does not matter if it is stained or not when inserted in the doll. Leave it on overnight to be 100% sure.
This is not a TPE vs. Silicone thing, contrary to what some silicone doll owners claim. I own both TPE and silicone and cheap black and dark fabrics will stain a silicone doll too, but it will most likely fade from a silicone doll while it will stay on a TPE doll, so the risk is bigger on TPE.

I buy quality stockings and I always test first. Result? Never had a stain from stockings.

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

Stay-up stockings can and will stain your doll. Never had any problems with regular stockings. Dark clothing with a weird smell often contain lots of dye. Washie-Washie!
She told me to come but I was already there

lisabt3
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lisabt3 »

I love black stockings on my dolls, and recommend pre washing before wearing. I leave the stockings on my dolls at all times, and the dark upper band of the stockings left a noticeable stain on her upper thigh. These were washed and soaked in vinegar water prior to putting them on the doll.

7kantara
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by 7kantara »

Thanks for all the help and advice, as I said I'm completely new to this. Great forum!

INFORMATIONS