Starpery.com

Elbow bruising and TPE injections

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Elbow bruising and TPE injections

Post by scooter_ca »

Hi,
Daria and I are participating in a trial of a new product that CrazyCajun and TripleA (aka April) have developed.
Daria is very happy with the results.
I had my camera ready throughout the procedure. Here are all the details.

I first noticed that Daria's elbow was developing a bruise during the Rio Olympics in 2016.

The TPE material on her right elbow was getting thin allowing the dark skeleton to show through.
I didn't like this because my personal photographic style is not to photoshop Daria.
Everything else in the scene can be heavily edited, but Daria is not touched, so any blemishes or imperfections are allowed to show.

I'm not sure if this is related, but Daria has a loose left elbow and the skin over that elbow is perfect.
However her right elbow is very stiff, and it is this elbow that has developed the thinning.
Perhaps it is the extra force needed to bend the elbow that is putting stress on the skin.
I had started putting Vaseline on the elbow, but I think this just made it worse.
Her elbow was in danger of splitting apart.
After that, Daria would not bend this elbow much so the damage would not get worse.

April mentioned in Dolls Alive that she also has this problem, and her partner CrazyCajun performed a procedure on her that fixed it.
He injected a liquified TPE cream into the joint much like a cortisone injection.
Once the TPE cream cures, there is now more padding between the elbow and the skeleton.
April and CrazyCajun made a video about it and it is available on the Miss Atleur site.
Here is a direct link to the video:

I reached out to CrazyCajun for more information and he asked us if we would like to participate in a trial.
We said we would love to help.
Daria and I would test the product and give feedback to April and CrazyCajun about the results.

A few days later a package arrived in the mail. Inside was a syringe pre-filled with the TPE cream and an extra syringe for cleaning the needle.
I was initially worried that Canadian customs would be suspicious of a package contain a syringe with a pink fluid.
However both shipments I received from CrazyCajun sailed through customs without an incident.

This is a close up of Daria's elbow.
I am applying a little tug to show that there are holes that extend to the skeleton.

So we began.
Daria was NOT happy.

The best way to attack this is several small procedures rather than one big one.
We let 24 hours pass between procedures to allow the TPE cream to cure.

During the first procedure the TPE cream started to ooze out of the small holes in her elbow..
We stopped at this point so the cream could cure and plug the holes.
Injecting more at this time would just waste it.

24 hours have passed after the first procedure.
The results look promising.

We did a couple more injections over the next few days.
Daria REALLY does not like needles.

All done.
Open your eyes and take a look.

There is definitely more material between the elbow and the skeleton.
When I press my thumb against it it feels squishy, just like Daria's good elbow.

There is still some discoloration.
It looks like the skin has come in contact with the internal skeleton lubrication and has stained a little.
However, now that the skin is isolated from the skeleton I started using mineral spirits and the stain is getting fainter.

All in all I would call this a great success.
I'm glad we participated.
We gave CrazyCajun a lot of feedback about the documentation and the procedure.

And finally, here's what Daria thinks.

Thanks,
scooter and Daria
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: Elbow bruising and TPE injections

Post by CrazyCajun »

scooter; I am so glad that it helped Daria's elbow. As of now it has helped a total of 11 including April and Daria to deal with the pain of Elbowitis and it has also helped 3 to deal with Kneeitis. We are winding down the trials and counting them as a success. I would like to thank you and Daria for taking part in our trials. And to also thank you and Daria for the excellent feedback from your experience. We have definitely learned a great deal. We feel good that the biggest issues that we had was with the documentation and the delivery system.
We are currently working to correct the documentation system and to incorporate a lot of the points that you brought to light. And with the combined feedback from all of our other participants we feel we will be able to deliver pretty clear and concise documentation with this product, when it is ready!
We are also actively working on getting better syringes with all plastic plungers, and larger diameter needles. We are currently working with our supplier on this issue and believe we will have it solved very shortly!

Again Thank You and Daria for helping us to help all of our TPE sisters and brothers! :razz:

CrazyCajun and the Girls!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

JETO
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JETO »

wow that treatment is cool... worth to know ... very good post ... :)

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Wonderful

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

I think all vendors should sell this as I have had this issue with my Noelle on both elbows. It got so bad that it caused a really big hole and I had to get some of that tpe filler myself but it did not have the needle. The stuff works but you need quite a bit to get the job done and I think everyone is going to need this stuff as the elbows will be the first to break through the skin.

hansdampf21
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by hansdampf21 »

Wow, that method shows great success.

Congrats Scooter & Daria!
Hope you'll get the stain fully removed.

PS: remember that your stain-removal causes the TPE to lose mineral oil (i'd rather use a specific stain remover)

Garvdart1977

Post by Garvdart1977 »

scooter_ca wrote:Hi,
Daria and I are participating in a trial of a new product that CrazyCajun and TripleA (aka April) have developed.
Daria is very happy with the results.
I had my camera ready throughout the procedure. Here are all the details.

I first noticed that Daria's elbow was developing a bruise during the Rio Olympics in 2016.

The TPE material on her right elbow was getting thin allowing the dark skeleton to show through.
I didn't like this because my personal photographic style is not to photoshop Daria.
Everything else in the scene can be heavily edited, but Daria is not touched, so any blemishes or imperfections are allowed to show.

I'm not sure if this is related, but Daria has a loose left elbow and the skin over that elbow is perfect.
However her right elbow is very stiff, and it is this elbow that has developed the thinning.
Perhaps it is the extra force needed to bend the elbow that is putting stress on the skin.
I had started putting Vaseline on the elbow, but I think this just made it worse.
Her elbow was in danger of splitting apart.
After that, Daria would not bend this elbow much so the damage would not get worse.

April mentioned in Dolls Alive that she also has this problem, and her partner CrazyCajun performed a procedure on her that fixed it.
He injected a liquified TPE cream into the joint much like a cortisone injection.
Once the TPE cream cures, there is now more padding between the elbow and the skeleton.
April and CrazyCajun made a video about it and it is available on the Miss Atleur site.
Here is a direct link to the video:

I reached out to CrazyCajun for more information and he asked us if we would like to participate in a trial.
We said we would love to help.
Daria and I would test the product and give feedback to April and CrazyCajun about the results.

A few days later a package arrived in the mail. Inside was a syringe pre-filled with the TPE cream and an extra syringe for cleaning the needle.
I was initially worried that Canadian customs would be suspicious of a package contain a syringe with a pink fluid.
However both shipments I received from CrazyCajun sailed through customs without an incident.

This is a close up of Daria's elbow.
I am applying a little tug to show that there are holes that extend to the skeleton.

So we began.
Daria was NOT happy.

The best way to attack this is several small procedures rather than one big one.
We let 24 hours pass between procedures to allow the TPE cream to cure.

During the first procedure the TPE cream started to ooze out of the small holes in her elbow..
We stopped at this point so the cream could cure and plug the holes.
Injecting more at this time would just waste it.

24 hours have passed after the first procedure.
The results look promising.

We did a couple more injections over the next few days.
Daria REALLY does not like needles.

All done.
Open your eyes and take a look.

There is definitely more material between the elbow and the skeleton.
When I press my thumb against it it feels squishy, just like Daria's good elbow.

There is still some discoloration.
It looks like the skin has come in contact with the internal skeleton lubrication and has stained a little.
However, now that the skin is isolated from the skeleton I started using mineral spirits and the stain is getting fainter.

All in all I would call this a great success.
I'm glad we participated.
We gave CrazyCajun a lot of feedback about the documentation and the procedure.

And finally, here's what Daria thinks.

Thanks,
scooter and Daria
My girl is starting too get the same effect guess I'll be putting a order in soon, the amount of the between both elbows is very different in thickness, her left elbow much thicker then right.
Attachments
1509796560986-435978296.jpg
1509796560986-435978296.jpg (302.53 KiB) Viewed 1949 times

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Off memory, elements of the indigo repair kit can be used for blending and smoothing the top layers of the repair as well, to give a smooth finish too.

Some great information here

http://us.dollstudio.org/handbooks/indi ... k/download

and more links here to other techniques....

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1195391

Anung :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS