Starpery.com

Are tears on joints common with TPE dolls?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
unplugged
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are tears on joints common with TPE dolls?

Post by unplugged »

Looking at some dolls here at the forum, I noticed rips which look like bad stretch marks in the inner thigh and groin area. I would like to know if this is preventable.
Attachments
Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
Capture.PNG (199.96 KiB) Viewed 1491 times

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Re: Are tears on joints common with TPE dolls?

Post by Dollfriend »

These types of tears are most common under the armpit, under the breasts, between the thighs, they can be caused by overextending, they can also be caused by inferior TPE quality, and chemical reactions with different cleaners used to clean the Doll, a Doll I had developed these tears like this under the Breasts for no apparent reason than just a bad batch of TPE. My guess is that the Better the Quality of TPE Doll the less chance these tears may happen, but there is definitely no guarantee....

unplugged
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by unplugged »

Would applying Vaseline once a week help prevent this?

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

How soft is your doll. If she is too mushy then she is the extra soft material.

Where did you buy her from?
How much did you pay?
How long have you had her for
Leave her lain out instead of in a seated position.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

unplugged wrote:Would applying Vaseline once a week help prevent this?
Yep, that's part of the recommended maintenance of TPE-dolls. High-stress areas that stretch a lot when posing the doll need to absorb mineraloil regularly, either by vaseline or Nivea-creme. It won't make the material indestructable, but it will certainly keep it durable and stretchy for a much longer time.

It also depends a lot on the overall design of the doll. Personally I have an older WM140, which was known to quickly develop creases around the groin-area if legs are bent or spread apart a lot. On newer models the shape has changed a bit to make this area less stressed by the legs, so it's not quite as bad anymore. Armpits haven't been much of an issue for me though, but I don't bend them very much anyway except when clothing, since it looks unnatural and silly with my dolls skeleton.

Also worth noting is to always try to store the doll in a natural position, which is pretty much how it was delivered in the box, straight and slightly bent legs and knees. Never in a sitting position. If you like to keep the doll sitting in a sofa or something then try to keep her in a more laid back position rather than straight up.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

unplugged
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by unplugged »

samara78 wrote:How soft is your doll. If she is too mushy then she is the extra soft material.
This is my first doll. Should get her today.
Where did you buy her from?
Amazon
How much did you pay?
$449
How long have you had her for
Waiting to be delivered.
Leave her lain out instead of in a seated position.
I will. Thanks for the suggestion.

unplugged
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by unplugged »

Nord wrote:
unplugged wrote:Would applying Vaseline once a week help prevent this?
Yep, that's part of the recommended maintenance of TPE-dolls. High-stress areas that stretch a lot when posing the doll need to absorb mineraloil regularly, either by vaseline or Nivea-creme. It won't make the material indestructable, but it will certainly keep it durable and stretchy for a much longer time.

It also depends a lot on the overall design of the doll. Personally I have an older WM140, which was known to quickly develop creases around the groin-area if legs are bent or spread apart a lot. On newer models the shape has changed a bit to make this area less stressed by the legs, so it's not quite as bad anymore. Armpits haven't been much of an issue for me though, but I don't bend them very much anyway except when clothing, since it looks unnatural and silly with my dolls skeleton.

Also worth noting is to always try to store the doll in a natural position, which is pretty much how it was delivered in the box, straight and slightly bent legs and knees. Never in a sitting position. If you like to keep the doll sitting in a sofa or something then try to keep her in a more laid back position rather than straight up.
Read the TPE mineral oil maintenance post which was very informative. Is Nivea-creme necessary? Went to Walmart and got my baby oil and Vaseline. I'm going to use the Vaseline for the joints and inside the orifices. Plan on storing her in the box she came in.

INFORMATIONS