Starpery.com

Healing strategies silicone hands and wire pokes?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Unknown03
Former Member

Healing strategies silicone hands and wire pokes?

Post by Unknown03 »

I know from various posts and threads that my doll is not alone in having chronic hand problems. She is a little doll (jm 130) with wire fingers. No matter how careful in am with making sure her hands are in a safe position, her fingers are still getting chewed up with wire pokes. Her thumbs are developing little tears at the base. I'm afraid that the tips of her fingers are going to start tearing off, and I have no idea how I'll deal with that. Right now I've taped nitrile gloves over her hands using vinyl tape, but it looks ugly and probably won't stop the wire pokes.

How do other silicone doll owners deal with these hand and finger issues? I'm wondering if I need to wash her hands thoroughly with acetone then brush their entire surfaces with Permatex. Not sure how that will work or if it will be effective. I want her looking good if I go to the doll meet this Spring!

Any experiences to share?

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Healing strategies silicone hands and wire pokes?

Post by samara78 »

Get a very fluid type of silicone a canula and syringe, inject this into the fingertips allow to dry overnight. It will help
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Very good! Sam a lot of people confuse tpe repairs and silicone! :D you can melt tpe but silicone you can burn the house down and the silicone will still be there. :D

Unknown03
Former Member

Post by Unknown03 »

samara78 wrote:Get a very fluid type of silicone a canula and syringe, inject this into the fingertips allow to dry overnight. It will help
Is Permatex suitable for this? It seems a bit viscous. Is there a more flowable silicone product I should use?

Poor Luna's fingers have been wrapped in bandages for over 2 weeks waiting for me to fix her boo boos :(

INFORMATIONS