Starpery.com

Minor damage?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Nikademis
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Minor damage?

Post by Nikademis »

So I am new to this and just purchased my very first. I was waiting to receive my care kit before I did much anything with her, but after reading around some I decided to go out and buy my own care products. I gave her a mild soap sponge wash followed by a baby oil rub down. While rubbing the oil on her butt and between the crack I noticed some holes/tear forming. It doesn't look so bad now but I do not want it to split open and be destroyed only having her a few days. Being a novice and all, is there any tips or videos on how to repair something like the picture attached?
IMG_0521[1].JPG
IMG_0521[1].JPG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 1765 times

Lenus
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Minor damage?

Post by Lenus »

Depending on what type of soap was used, the soap may have been too abrasive for the doll exterior.

Here's a Youtube video on how to repair your minor damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Ba_KBrrEl8

The technique in the video can be used with either TPE or Silicone Dolls. As a side note, the video doesn't show it, but it's best to get the area as clean/dry as possible. You can try using isopropyl alcohol to clean the area and then use the care products you bought to repair the doll.

By the way, let us know what kind of mild soap sponge wash you used so other users can know to avoid it
Hips I owned so far:
Nawahime Hip - Toydemon
Meiki Extreme Hip - Toydemon
Meiki Pure Hip - Toydemon
Puni Ana DX Hard - NLS
Puni Fuwa Mocchi 2000 - NLS
The Athlete - NLS
Puni Ana SPDX - Toydemon
Fuck Me Silly Petite - Amazon

Handhelds I owned so far:
I have owned over 30 handhelds/onaholes ranging from Fleshlights, Toyhearts, NPG, etc. When I have more time, I will list them all.

Electronic products I owned so far:
Vorze - NLS
Realtouch - Discontinued

***Feel free to send me a PM to discuss about onahips, onaholes, and anything toy related***

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Hi Lenus, welcome to the forum, and thanks for the video. Certainly the technique seems sound, although depending on whether it was TPE or silicone, the sealant used would differ, as would the curing time. So this video alone doesn't solve everyone's problems immediately.

Regarding the soap. We can't just assume it was the soap, so if the soap is mentioned, please don't assume it can't be used. This might be an issue with the TPE mixture itself.

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

I have never heard of soap causing damage, specifically this kind of damage. This looks like the same damage you often see in the creases of the legs, I don't wish to offend anyone, but this does look very much like a problem with the TPE blend, I would recommend showing this photo to the Vendor of the doll and seek their advice and/or input before doing anything!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

If she is "soft doll" do not apply baby oil. Baby oil softens all the more and causes more damage.
INTENDED AS ADVICE FOR OWNERS OF ULTRA SOFT TPE ONLY.
Softer tpe has more oil in it. Lying her down on a soft surface in the resting/default position may prevent tearing. On ultra soft dolls this means not so much baby oil. And no extended times of sitting.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Mr_Fix_it
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Over the Horizon turn left and about half way up the hill

Post by Mr_Fix_it »

samara78 wrote:If she is "soft doll" do not apply baby oil. Baby oil softens all the more and causes more damage.
INTENDED AS ADVICE FOR OWNERS OF ULTRA SOFT TPE ONLY.

Wow, 8O I never would have guessed that. But now that I think about it, that does make some sense. Honey isn't a "soft doll", her skin just drinks the oil up. specially if its been more than a month since her last maintenance.

So samara78, What would the maintenance routine be for those folks who have "soft dolls"? I might guess, Go from the Wash (and dry) straight to powdering. But then there's Nivea cream and Vaseline. Would those be equally as bad as baby oil?

Fix.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

For soft dolls i recommend general maintanance with baby wipes no soap nowater. For spot cleaning smudges or dirt massage with baby oil briefly and immidiately wipe away with a wet wipe of some kind , let dry apply powder.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS