Starpery.com

Phoebe's in Post-op, resting comfortably.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Phoebe's in Post-op, resting comfortably.

Post by mahtek »

The worst is over, now it's just waiting for the silicone to cure.

She'll be fine. I photographed the whole thing, including the new bracket fabrication with lots of text to explain the details.

I hope very few people ever need this information. So here's the link,

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/album272

I'll be going to bed quite early tonight. I was up late fabricating last night, and up early this morning for assembly. I'm realy looking forward to Sunday morning! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mahtek & Phoebe
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

You're really a master in repairing Phoebe, an excellent job. Well done. And while going through this, you could make such a wonderful picture:

The look on her eyes, it's amazing how real that looks.

I didn't even have to read what she was saying, you can actually see it in her eyes.

Hopefully this will be the last repair in a long, long time.

A few words to Phoebe: Darling, you're lucky you have a partner like Mahtek. He's like a plastic surgeon with silicone, so actually, a silicone surgeon. :wink:
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

Your repair looks absolutely perfect mahtak :!: YAY Phoebe :)
The Toy Store keeps us going.
Buy at the Toy Store: http://shop.sex-superstore.com/cgi-bin/toys2.cgi?af=4969&ecode=8170781N

Achilles
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Achilles »

Nicely done. She looks beautiful. Call me. I sure could use another repairman around here. ;)
http://www.siliconedollworks.com

[img]http://m.pimpmyspace.org/07/4/1/8041f.gif[/img]

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Hey Mahtek

Nice job on the repairs .
Phoebes shocked expression says it all, so glad to hear alls well now

I have one question for you and all the repairers......... how the hell do you clean all the metal dust out of the wound ?????????

When ever I do repairs the black dust gets everywhere and it also stains the silicone making it very hard to keep the whole operation clean.

Ive tried the vacuum cleaner to get the worst out and then all manner of cleaners, acetone,cellulose thinners. even tried industrial hand cleanser and of course detergent and water all to no avail.

All the repairs shown by you guys the wound always appears clean so please share your methods as I'm right in the middle of a back repair at the moment and sure could do with any input on this.

Rentell :wink:

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Bravo Mahtek! Excellent repair work (and documentation) on Phoebe! I am sure she appreciates the time and care you give her as well :D

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Nice work ! I've always found that the after surgery 'play' to be just fabulous. :wink: Mark and the Synthetiks

P.S. I use lighter fluid to wash away the black dust on the joint repairs.
The best thing to do is to minimize transfer to the skin by washing the dust off your fingers as much as you can.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Nice work. And Phoebe amazes us with yet another facial expression!

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Thanks all,

I'm happy to report that the repair looks good. Noticable, but not obvious. Before we could kiss and make up :wink: I had to give her a good bath and powder. I did the repair in her attic storage area, so by the time I was done, she was filthy!

She's as good as new. Well almost, perhaps better! When moving her across the bed, I usually stand above her, grab her around the ribcage and lift her top half over, then move her hips legs. This time when I tried that she arched her back! 8O I forgot that I had left the bracket loose enough to do this, so that pressure on the bolt would be minimized. I set her down, and she flexed back straight. So now she has a new range of movement, and I'll have to keep that in mind while moving her!

Mahtek & Phoebe
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Mahtek,

Very nice repair! She looks great again and great pic.
The brass spreaders is also a great idea, have you manufactured them by yourself? (And of course you've the possibility to get the right empire tools... its more difficult and more expensive to get that stuff here, I'am always working with metric tools, works but is actually not right.).
But one thing scares the hell in me. Sorry that I have to say it! I see not the word "Locktite" in the description/pictures. Its surely needed to "Lock" Realdolls nuts with Locktite. (I don't know how "new" skeleton is, but with "old" skeleton its certainly needed.

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Thank You Mytime!

I did use the Loctite on Phoebe's bolts, but I forgot to mention that in the text.

Now the text is updated to include that step!

Mahtek & Phoebe

OldEngineer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by OldEngineer »

Mahtek,

good show! Abigail and the Girls are estactic at the good news! Best wishes for a speedy and complete curing/healing. (Hey Phoebe, wanna play Secret Agent with Abigail and Nicky? See the Exercise Your Fantasy thread, and fuss at Mahtek to get you in the story :wink: )

Regards,
OldEngineer and Abigail

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Mahtek and others
Thank You Mytime!

I did use the Loctite on Phoebe's bolts, but I forgot to mention that in the text.

Now the text is updated to include that step!

Mahtek & Phoebe
I'am lucky to hear that. Its neccesary. Disasemble everything clean everything with acetone and reassemble everything with locktite, don't forget one single nut!

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

sweeper

Post by sweeper »

Wonderful work there Mahtek - Thanks for sharing.

Phoebe is lucky to have you there to care for her.

Sweep

INFORMATIONS