betterlovedoll.com

Happy Happy Joy Joy! Migration to new server this weekend.

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy! Migration to new server this weeke

Post by kharn »

SpiritfireM wrote:CoverDoll has been moved to the new server. Until DNS propagation is completed I cannot test to ensure everything is working properly regarding the gallery and such. Please don't flood this thread with messages nor my PM inbox if you can't access it yet. Give me a day to test once my DNS propagates.
Nice work Spiritfire, CoverDoll Druple worked first time for me and was ultra fast :D. Gallery however seems to only work on the main page, but like you said it might take a few hours for this to to sort it's self out.
 Click to go to Coverdoll

SpiritfireM
Retired Server Admin
Retired Server Admin

Post by SpiritfireM »

I'm aware of database issues with Coverdoll. I'm going to work on that now. I couldn't do anything last night because DNS hadn't gotten my direction yet. I just got out of bed and now DNS is here.

SpiritfireM
Retired Server Admin
Retired Server Admin

Post by SpiritfireM »

Ok, it's fixed. Apparently for some reason during the migration, it lost the password to the database. I reset it and now all is good again.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

SpiritfireM wrote:Ok, it's fixed. Apparently for some reason during the migration, it lost the password to the database. I reset it and now all is good again.
Nice one my friend :D
 Click to go to Coverdoll

SpiritfireM
Retired Server Admin
Retired Server Admin

Post by SpiritfireM »

Just a gentle reminder...tonight at midnight Pacific time (GMT -8:00), the final domain - dollforum.com - will be moved to the new server. As this is domain has the largest amount of data over all of the other sites, it will take the longest. Please be patient for the DNS to update and for the site to completely transfer.

Chat may be down for at least 48 - 72 hours because of DNS updating and also to configure our chat software to work with the new server, which can't be done until DNS propagates my way so I can see the site at the new location.

While I am waiting for DNS to propagate to my ISP, I will not be able to resolve any direct issues, so if you see some errors, don't worry, they will be tended to asap. This is the largest move so far, so we expect there to be a few minor glitches until things are ironed out. If you see any issues, please post them on the help and bug reports forum. If you see someone already posted a bug, please don't post a "me too" reply to the thread unless your bug is different, then post to the same thread to keep them all together. I don't mean to sound hard on that, but it's easier for me to keep track of bugs if there is only one post per bug in the thread. Posting multiple reports of the same bug just makes it harder.

If for some reason you cannot log in, again, be patient as I may have to resolve some database issues related to the move. Please don't make a new account to log in. If your password gets rejected for some reason, please don't try to reset it for at least 48 hours. If after that time you still cannot log in, email me at spiritfirem@dollforum.com and I will look into the issue (hint, write down this email address now before the move - you'd be surprised how many people don't think of that).

Thank you for your patience as I finalize the move.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Not only have I noticed a significant improvement in Coverdoll, Doll Album and Doll Harem performance, I also notice an improvement in Doll Forum, probably owing to the fact it is not sharing the current server with the other three at the moment.

Can we expect similar performance to this once migrated?
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

INFORMATIONS