betterlovedoll.com

Happy Happy Joy Joy! Migration to new server this weekend.

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Happy Happy Joy Joy! Migration to new server this weekend.

Post by TDF_Management »

Greetings members and guests.

Recently, TDF has acquired a new dedicated server to better handle increasing traffic loads.

Some quickie tech specs:
Tech specs wrote:Old server:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16Ghz (dual core - 2 threads at a time)
RAM: 4Gb
Hard Drive: 2x 340Gb Raid-1, and secondary 500Gb for backup

New Server:
CPU: Intel i7-870 2.93Ghz H/T (quad core w/Hyperthreading - 8 threads at a time)
RAM: 16Gb
Hard drive: 3x 1000Gb Raid-5
What does all this mean to you? Better site performance at peak times, shorter downtime for maintenance, and faster page loads.

Over the course of this weekend, our server admin SpiritfireM will be migrating our websites over to the new server. All migrations will take place after midnight GMT -8:00 (Pacific time). The timetable will be as follows:

Friday into Saturday:

Doll Harem
Doll Album

Saturday into Sunday:

CoverDoll

Sunday into Monday:

The Doll Forum

Important note: As each site is moved to the new server, the site on the old server will have a new index page stating that the site is in migration and further navigation into the site will be disabled. The DNS for each site will be changed at the registrar to reflect the new site's location. The effect of this is twofold: First, it will let you know as the reader when your ISP's DNS has updated with the new site location, and two, it will prevent any new posts being made to each site during migration, as any posts made on the old site during migration would be lost. Generally it takes anywhere from 1 - 48 hours for DNS to update at most ISPs. If after 48 hours you are unable to see the new sites, please contact SpiritfireM via direct email at spiritfirem@dollforum.com.

Thank you for your patience and continued support,

TDF Management

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy! Migration to new server this weeke

Post by dollluver73 »

Thanks. This is good to know as I have TDF as my homepage. Is that 8am or 8pm pacific time?
Its not nice to mess with a BDSM Mistress
Coverdoll Journalist: http://www.coverdoll.com
Global moderater: http://www.dollchronicles.ca
Attended LA and Vegas meets 2011!

SpiritfireM
Retired Server Admin
Retired Server Admin

Post by SpiritfireM »

To clarify: Midnight GMT -8:00 means Midnight Pacific time. Sorry about any confusion. Was trying to help our international members by using GMT -8:00 instead to mean Midnight pacific.

SpiritfireM
Retired Server Admin
Retired Server Admin

Post by SpiritfireM »

Just to recap, tonight at midnight pacific time, I will be taking The Doll Album and The Doll Harem offline for migration. They will be back online asap.

SpiritfireM
Retired Server Admin
Retired Server Admin

Re: Status update

Post by SpiritfireM »

The Doll Album and The Doll Harem have been successfully migrated to the new server.

Tomorrow night Coverdoll gets it next.

Same Bat-time, Same Bat-channel.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

SpiritfireM wrote:To clarify: Midnight GMT -8:00 means Midnight Pacific time. Sorry about any confusion. Was trying to help our international members by using GMT -8:00 instead to mean Midnight pacific.
Thanks Spiritfire :) Always best to stick to international time when stating a time frame :thumbs_up:
 Click to go to Coverdoll

frt
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by frt »

Having probs uploading to DA. I'm not the only one.

Mariam
Doll
Doll

Post by Mariam »

frt wrote:Having probs uploading to DA. I'm not the only one.
Spiritfire has fixed this:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 72#p431972
Can you please try again?

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Oh no. does this mean I have to learn a new forum all over again (and is there a way I can save the threads of Sharon's resurrection)?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Szalinski, nothing will change for the forum, we're only changing hardware.
The software will remain unchanged.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

WHEW! thanks! :D
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

SpiritfireM
Retired Server Admin
Retired Server Admin

Post by SpiritfireM »

OK, one slight change in the procedures. To force DNS propogation for the new nameservers to go faster, rather than putting up a new index page stating that the site is in transition, instead the site's account on the old server will be disabled and the DNS zone will have the new IP address info to the new site. This should avoid anyone seeing any major downtime, other than the few hours it will take to move all of the data files.

During the time the files are being moved, you WILL NOT be able to access TDF until the move is completed. The length of time it will take will depend on how long it takes for 35Gb of data to transfer between the two servers and for the huge amounts of data from the database to be transferred. I know some of you aren't happy about the downtime, but it's unavoidable to make sure the database does not get corrupted during the move and to make DNS go faster.

There will be NO change to the software. Nobody will have to relearn anything, nor will your logins change. We are simply moving the entire site as a whole to the new server, keeping all software, posts, and logins intact.

SpiritfireM
Retired Server Admin
Retired Server Admin

Re: Reminder

Post by SpiritfireM »

Just a quick reminder,

coverdoll.com will be migrated to the new server tonight at 12:00am Pacific Time (GMT -8:00). That's in about 3 hours from now. It will be inaccessible during the migration. Since coverdoll is not quite as huge in file size as TDF (8Gb compared to 33Gb), the migration should not take more than 30 minutes. DNS propagation however is entirely up to your ISP.

SpiritfireM
Retired Server Admin
Retired Server Admin

Post by SpiritfireM »

CoverDoll has been moved to the new server. Until DNS propagation is completed I cannot test to ensure everything is working properly regarding the gallery and such. Please don't flood this thread with messages nor my PM inbox if you can't access it yet. Give me a day to test once my DNS propagates.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

I got this after doing my login at CoverDoll, but then everything seems to work.

Code: Select all

warning: mysqli_real_connect() [function.mysqli-real-connect]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'U138934'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/coverdol/public_html/cdgalV2/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php on line 108.
    Error in function '_gallery_init()' (gallery_base.inc:111):
        Unable to initialize embedded Gallery. You need to configure your embedded Gallery.
        Error (ERROR_STORAGE_FAILURE)
            in modules/core/classes/GalleryStorage.class at line 226 (GalleryCoreApi::error)
            in modules/core/classes/GalleryStorage.class at line 545 (GalleryStorage::_getConnection)
            in modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class at line 2800 (GalleryStorage::getMapEntry)
            in modules/core/classes/helpers/GalleryEntityHelper_simple.class at line 118 (GalleryCoreApi::getMapEntry)
            in modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class at line 2298 (GalleryEntityHelper_simple::loadEntityByExternalId)
            in modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class at line 215 (GalleryCoreApi::loadEntityByExternalId)
            in modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class at line 120 (GalleryEmbed::checkActiveUser)
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/modules/galleryv2/gallery_base.inc at line 101 (GalleryEmbed::init)
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/modules/galleryv2/gallery_base.inc at line 33
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/modules/galleryv2/gallery.module at line 231
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/modules/user/user.module at line 22
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/modules/user/user.module at line 971
            in ??? at line 0
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/includes/form.inc at line 430
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/includes/form.inc at line 258
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/includes/form.inc at line 80
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/modules/user/user.module at line 569
            in ??? at line 0
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/includes/module.inc at line 386
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/modules/block/block.module at line 707
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/includes/theme.inc at line 1021
            in ??? at line 0
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/includes/theme.inc at line 171
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/themes/engines/phptemplate/phptemplate.engine at line 177
            in ??? at line 0
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/includes/theme.inc at line 171
            in /home/coverdol/public_html/drupal/index.php at line 33
Definitely think I notice a speed difference on DollHarem. The Doll Album does not come up yet.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

INFORMATIONS