betterlovedoll.com

New TDF Website Engineer

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

New TDF Website Engineer

Post by TDF_Management »

We are pleased to announce that Phreddie has kindly accepted the volunteer position of TDF Website Engineer and welcome him to staff.

Website engineer is responsible for modifications and the smooth running of the application software and works closely with the owners and Server Administrator.

However, owning to the fact that Phreddie has just received delivery of his first doll, we do not expect him to report for duty until Monday :)

Thank you Phreddie for contributing to the running of TDF. Have a happy honeymoon. See you Monday ;)

Carl & Dave

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: New TDF Website Engineer

Post by AlyDolly »

To all who come to this happy place ............welcome ! :wink:
Attachments
Af6p54LCEAEfeZV.jpg
Af6p54LCEAEfeZV.jpg (66.33 KiB) Viewed 4507 times

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Good job, Phreddie! That's excellent! :glou:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Thannks for the news. :) What have you gone and done!? 8O :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, congratulations Phreddie, on the position and the doll, a really good cause for double celebration. :glou:

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everone,....

Congratulations on the posititon Phreddie, but with your first doll now arrived,...

I think Managment is being a bit optimistic,...

I think Phreddie's not going to be able to report for work for at least a week!
:wink: :whistle: :whistle:

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Yoube Bosley
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Yoube Bosley »

TDF_Management wrote:We are pleased to announce that Phreddie has kindly accepted the volunteer position of TDF Website Engineer and welcome him to staff.

...However, owning to the fact that Phreddie has just received delivery of his first doll, we do not expect him to report for duty until Monday :)
And he may come in late at that. :lol:
So here’s what I’m thinking.  I’ll be Charlie and you can all be my angels.  Except you.  You be Bosley.

--- Peter Griffin

Photos of Dana and Amyliu: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10735

Phreddie
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Phreddie »

Hello, Greetings, and Welcome...
Not 100% sure what needs to be done, but just let me know when/if something comes up. Still need to test out my access to be able to do anything, learn the ropes, the whos who, etc.. etc.. I normally don't do much, just fix anything that breaks, and streamline anything that needs attention, etc...

Also, I really don't want to sound arrogant, or boastful, but did want to mention a little of my background. I have owned and operated a small ISP for about 15 years, mostly dialup, wireless, and hosting websites/email services. During that same time, I've also worked for two other ISPs (As system/network engineer, and in different areas of the country; so not like I was working for the competition). I mostly know Unix (BSD flavors), and Linux (typically Debian and CentOS/Redhat) starting from around 1994 with Slackware Linux. At my full time job, I take care of a 4000 user network, managing all the switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless access points myself (there is another team for the main servers). I also recently had the phone system thrown at me, and had to implement VoIP, luckily with this add-on, we hired two new people to help with the load. Aside from server and networking, I also do alot of programming (as I've written procedures to monitor various aspects of the network). I've only formally taken Pascal and C programming, but have done alot of work in various other languages. Most of C programming I taught myself before college.

So, I do consider myself sort of well rounded. I'm not fully aware of the capabilities of the current staff around here, but am eager to learn some of their knowledge, and possibly provide any assistance I can. From what I hear, we do have some knowledgeable people here both on staff, and just normal users on the forum.

Thats about it I guess. Just wanted to toss this note up here just in case anyone was wondering just who is this Phreddie clown anyway? Any other (not too personal) questions, just ask.

And just think.. it used to be that I couldnt even spell Engineer; now I are one!

Obin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Obin »

Thank you, Preddie, and congratulation.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Phreddie wrote:And just think.. it used to be that I couldnt even spell Engineer; now I are one!
Now you just need to change your avatar to one of the Dilbert characters. :mrgreen:
:painting:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

INFORMATIONS