betterlovedoll.com

Server Migration, Downtime expected!!

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Server Migration, Downtime expected!!

Post by Nescio50 »

I don't think the migration is already completed, if I'm correct we're still running on the old server.

Earlier today one of the migration jobs used almost all the server capacity and the forum was less responsive, but not down.

When it's all completed, we'll let you know :wink:

Phreddie
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Phreddie »

Correct, we're still running on the old server. Now we need to test the new server, then hopefully do the final sync and move tomorrow...

Phreddie
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Phreddie »

bumping this post for tonight's downtime (in about 5 hours from the time of this message posting)

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

I wish you luck, Phreddie. Good thing is you've got Mr. DoomGuy with ya.
She told me to come but I was already there

TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Post by TDF_Management »

Hi Guys,

Phreddie will update you if there are any further changes. However the switch over didn't take place as hoped. It would seem that our service provider had a few emergences which pushed our changeover back. So, all being well, this will now take place at midnight EST tonight.

Phreddie has done a really good job in making sure that everything has run smoothly. At this moment we are running on two servers, in order to keep everything running for you as smooth as possible. We'll endeavour to make sure there's as little inconvenience as possible during the server sync and IP switch over of all our website.

Thanks TDF Management

Phreddie
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Phreddie »

So I was getting out of work a bit early today, so I emailed them back asking if they can possibly do the upgrade sooner, like IN an hour (to give me some time to get home), thus avoiding the busy time tonight, which starts about 5pm eastern (about the time of this post).
So I come home, check mail and they said "ok, we can do the upgrade an hour sooner, I'll schedule for 11pm" *facepalm*

So now I don't know what to tell them, or just let them do it to get it over with!! Its going to kind of suck at 11, because I think thats really close to prime time for the forum.

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

Phreddie wrote:So I was getting out of work a bit early today, so I emailed them back asking if they can possibly do the upgrade sooner, like IN an hour (to give me some time to get home), thus avoiding the busy time tonight, which starts about 5pm eastern (about the time of this post).
So I come home, check mail and they said "ok, we can do the upgrade an hour sooner, I'll schedule for 11pm" *facepalm*

So now I don't know what to tell them, or just let them do it to get it over with!! Its going to kind of suck at 11, because I think thats really close to prime time for the forum.
There is no such thing a truly good time. We figured that out when we were dealing with the servers for the MMO I used to be involved with. At least at 11 most of Europe will be in bed as will half of us east coasters. Sucks but it has to be done sometime.
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

INFORMATIONS